ADVERTISEMENT

Page at Homestead

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
Darrell Page, the former St. Francis running back, has enrolled at Homestead, according to the Chronicle. Reportedly, he will be eligible to play Oct. 10.

...which means Sacred Heart Cathedral dodged a big bullet last weekend when it played, and routed, Homestead without Page...

...which means Sacred Heart Cathedral dodged a big bullet last weekend when it played, and routed, Homestead without Page...
I saw his name on the varsity roster on MaxPreps but with 58 points scored by the Irish, I don't think that means they wouldn't have won. Most likely, SHC would have played a little more ball control on offense just to keep the ball out of his hands.

Last edited:
I saw his name on the varsity roster on MaxPreps but with 58 points scored by the Irish, I don't think that means they wouldn't have won. Most likely, they would have played a little more ball control on offense just to keep the ball out of his hands.

You are probably correct. One guy could not have made that much difference in such a one-sided affair. By the way, could you see the Irish going, say, 4-3 in league play in 2018?

You are probably correct. One guy could not have made that much difference in such a one-sided affair. By the way, could you see the Irish going, say, 4-3 in league play in 2018?
If they play mistake-free ball and get some breaks, yes. A pleasant surprise has been the defense. They held Palma to a lot of 3 & outs. Special teams is still a concern. They need better coverage.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT