ADVERTISEMENT

Palma OL Noah Pulealii announces his Top 6

NorCalSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2001
6-5, 315 lbs Palma junior Noah Pulealii received an offer from Fresno State University. His first of many to come. They have a couple players that are probably D1 athletes in this coming season senior class. Their line should be very good this coming season. Noah was dominate on the line. Good kid.

Also former Chieftain and current Stanford center Drew Dalman was named second team Pac 12 at Center.

Last edited:
Well I’d love for my alma mater SJSU to sign him, but if he’s getting offers from them and Fresno this early it probably means some Pac-12 offers will be coming at some point.

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
Oregon State also offered. It looks like he's going to have a dozen offers before the season starts.

Reactions: MC415
Super Proud of what Coach C is and has been doing at Palma.

ALL starts in the classroom. While very good football players, academics is the key separating factor.
Looks like RB Anthony Villegas visited UC Davis this weekend. Has USD offer but I think he might still have at least another opportunity.

A couple other players juniors have a shot and sophs have a couple players also that have a shot. soph QB probably a shot at baseball.

Do we foresee a Palma run in the CCS Open Division in 2020?
They have a 6-6 225 lbs soph that will be a load at TE/DE and other talent but not the speed at the skill positions like last season. They may start a soph at RB who played in CCS playoff game against Paly as a frosh (was last man staning at half) that will be very good next season. Soph QB who will be a junior will be better and has good arm - maybe baseball recruit.Line will be really good but need to reload at DB and LBs should be decent. They have potential but tough to lose 3 very fast skill players and one of the top RBs in the section. Injuries killed them in playoff, otherwise they could have had good shot at a section title. I think they have a shot at being pretty good but probably not against top WCAL team. Could surprise but we'll see. I think they have good shot at a lower division title.

Last edited:
Offers from Cal, Washington State, Arizona State, Oregon State, Fresno State and San Jose State with others to come.

I thought Bessey looked impressive last year, but didn't think he had that size. Thinking he will land somewhere!
Yes. Bessey is big 6-3, 220, and good speed for his size. Working hard in the weight room as well. I think they should also use him at RB. He has decent speed and has experience at RB as freshman and JV and looked good at camps last year at the position. Maybe they also move him into middle linebacker but I think they should be pretty good at ILB. Only position I think that is question mark is they need to reload at corners. OLB and DE they will be strong and at DL. Their season will go as the defense goes next season. He is a prospect if he works hard and will open some eyes.

@NorCalSportsFan

In the past 10-15 years, where does Noah rank as a prospect coming out of Palma?

Probably #2 after Drew Dalman (Stanford) as far as interest.

Seems like he would be pretty high
1) Center - Drew Dalman currently at Stanford was probably ranked higher. I think he was #2 or #3 ranked Center in the Nation and had over a dozen offers
2) Noah Puleali - not signed yet.
3) QB David Fales (2009), Nevada Reno/San Jose State/NFL Bears/Ravens/Dolphins/Detroit/Jets - wasn't as highly recruited but did well in camps.
4) OT Elliot Louis Vallejo (2001) was CalHi Sports All state and ended up at UCLA/Davis and NFL AZ Cardinals. Although he played at Palma more than 15 years ago.

There are quite a few other players that signed in college, but not major in the last 15 years in football. Lots of kickers and many line and skill that play on.

Last edited:
Interestingly Chris Dalman (vice principal and Dean of the school), former Palma alumni, 49er, Stanford and Atlanta Falcons assistant will take over as President of Palma in July and will oversee the daily operation of Palma School.. He is an educator first but also nice to have someone positive about sports at the reins of the school (although Brother Dunne has been an advocate of the school's sports programs).

Another Palma lineman to watch is upcoming Senior DT/OL Oki Hautau, 6-2, 285 (training hard and beefing up since the season) who will be a 3 year starter. He and other players train with his brother who was invited to try out for Seattle Seahawks in 2017.

Noah May end up as Palmas top recruited athlete by numbers when all done. Drew Dalman Center at Stanford was highest position ranked but it was almost a given he was going to the Cards given his legacy and had over a dozen offers but might have been more if not the connection. Noah may smash the record for the school in number of offers.

Noah May end up as Palmas top recruited athlete by numbers when all done. Drew Dalman Center at Stanford was highest position ranked but it was almost a given he was going to the Cards given his legacy and had over a dozen offers but might have been more if not the connection. Noah may smash the record for the school in number of offers.

Who do you think was the better player?

And also, damn Palma would have had an unreal line last year had Leander transferred to Palma instead of Seaside.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan

And also, damn Palma would have had an unreal line last year had Leander transferred to Palma instead of Seaside.
If Palma defense was up to usual, they would have been great. They had growing pains at some of the LB and DB positions early on and QB early on, but made lots of progress as season ended. QB who will be a junior next season will be very good. Injuries to Villegas and second team RB that basically had them out of game with Palo Alto (Villegas played 2 plays as decoy, and a frosh who had his first game on varsity came in for injured second team player for most of game). I think they would have easily defeated Paly if Villegas played and almost did win it without him, but that's football. Palma would have been dangerous in the playoffs probably playing Salinas in finals if they didn't have all the suspensions.

I think Dalman was a polished lineman since he was a soph. The kid was a pancake machine. His technique was almost flawless and he played some at guard at Stanford as a frosh until he I believe broke a hand after filling in for starter. Drew was college ready from the beginning and maybe a little stronger physically, and he used to keep his block ten + yards out. Noah is a really hard worker and maybe stronger this year with all his work. He is really quick for his size and has great footwork. Surprised Palma didn't have him in on defense as well. Noah has high upside and when all said and done if he keeps up the work could physically be better. He may end up with many more offers. Drew is like a captain and coach on the field growing up in the sport and has a good shot at the NFL if he keeps healthy. Noah does have a high motor and quick for his size. He's deceptively quick for a big guy and holds his weight well. His cousin on the team also could have a big year. I thought Palma had a strong line last season on O-line and d-line was decent. This year o-line could be better as well as d-line. Palma has to step up defense at corners and safety and get a little better at LB and their defense could be very good again. They will be good against the run, but need to get better in pass defense. If they do, they should be very competitive even with loss of Villegas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT