ADVERTISEMENT

Palma OL Noah Pulealii announces his Top 6

Looks like Florida State may also be offering soon. Nice article from Brandon Huffman. Interestingly, Noah didn't start playing football until he was a freshman. Looks like the colleges want him to move to guard (6' 4 1/2 and 305lbs).

Reactions: MC415
My Count Chocula lost its matchup againt Fruity Pebbles. LOL I'm not as good a cereal picker as I am on the NorCalpreps Pickem. I still think Captain Crunch will take it all the way.

Last edited:
Here's a recent rating on Palma's returning QB who will be a junior. Ranked among top QBs in his class in Norcal and Cal. He has a big and accurate arm. Another year or two of experience and he may have a shot at playing in college. probably baseball though.

https://qbhitlist.com/profile/luke-rossi-ca/.

I believe Palma may air out the ball a lot this year if there is a season. They will have very good line and will run the ball, but RBs will lack speed of last years RB who was one of the top ones in the section, but they have a couple players that are shifty and tough to tackle. WRs will include a couple playmakers and a TE that is 6-6, and offense should be relatively potent. Palma success will come from what defense they field. If DBs are better than last season or as good as end of season, Line and LBs could be better - they should be competitive. JVs had a very good defense and only lost to Oakdale away.

Last edited:
Reactions: colhenrylives
Here's a recent rating on Palma's returning QB who will be a junior. Ranked among top QBs in his class in Norcal and Cal. He has a big and accurate arm. Another year or two of experience and he may have a shot at playing in college. probably baseball though.

https://qbhitlist.com/profile/luke-rossi-ca/.

I believe Palma may air out the ball a lot this year if there is a season. They will have very good line and will run the ball, but RBs will lack speed of last years RB who was one of the top ones in the section, but they have a couple players that will be decent and tough to tackle. WRs will include a couple playmakers and a TE that is 6-6, and offense should be relatively potent. Palma success will come from what defense they field. If DBs are better than last season or as good as end of season, Line and LBs could be better - they should be competitive. JVs had a very good defense and only lost to Oakdale away.
Report says he's very accurate but he completed less than 45% of his passes. Decent arm strength but doesn't jump off his hand, he does have some serious speed at WR though.

Report says he's very accurate but he completed less than 45% of his passes. Decent arm strength but doesn't jump off his hand, he does have some serious speed at WR though.
Lots of dropped passes early in the season (at least 3 a game) and lots of overthrows early in games. Mark my word, he will be very good. Palma has a few QBs that have played on and this kid will have a good shot if he works at it, but good chance will be playing baseball since he is an elite player. I think his deep passing is better than former Palma QBs David Fales (now at New York Jets), and as good as Jack Richardson (Stanford) as a soph, but of course David could hit a dime anywhere on the field and Jack made huge strides between soph and junior year (especially junior to senior)

They did have seed last season at skill position - WR Olivas is playing at San Diego next season (he is a 100M sprinter), Slot is playing baseball at Santa Clara next season and also a 100M sprinter, and RB will be playing at Davis and also a sprinter. They would have been among the fastest 4 x 100M teams in CCS this year if they all went out for track. As sophs they were one of the top 4X100 groups. Next season they won't have the burners they had this year but decent speed at WR and a couple kids that are very quick and run good routes. Last season they had 3 players that could score on any play. This coming season they won't have that special playmaker with top speed but decent football speed.

Reactions: northbayfb
Palma's Oki Hautau, DT, 6-2, 285 lbs, now has 4 D1 offers from Morehead State University, Robert Morris University, Valparaiso University, and University of San Diego.

NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS)

I thought they were 1AA just making sure i didn’t miss a bunch of schools moving up without me knowing it lol looks morehead state is hitting the Bay Area hard wonder what the connection is ?

where is ur gut where Noah ends up ? He’s really a top 10 guard or higher in the country total see him playing Sundays
I don't have any inside information on that. He mentioned six favorites in an article but he hasn't visited all. I think his grades are pretty good and so he has lots of options. I don't think his offers are done yet.

FCS is essentially the old 1AA division.

Right and FBS is essentially the old 1A division. Both 1A and 1AA were Division 1, and both FBS and FCS are Division 1. So...

Palma's Oki Hautau, DT, 6-2, 285 lbs, now has 4 D1 offers from Morehead State University, Robert Morris University, Valparaiso University, and University of San Diego.

...is correct no matter which Division 1 football category terms, old or new, are used.

Hearing there is recruiting interest in Palma's Guy Bessey, OLB/RB (6-3.5, 235) Class of 2021, Physical and fast. D1 prospect on defense. 4.6 40. Interest from and on radar at Nevada, Cal Poly, Montana, Valparaiso, Idaho, San Diego, UC Davis and some DII schools. No offer yet.

With a prospect like Noah, I always look for which Pac-12 schools make the list and then specifically the schools.

Cal seems to have made a lot more of these lists in the past two classes. Arizona State is a hot school.

For out of area schools, Oklahoma has done really well out here.

Reactions: MC415
Palma line will be very good this season. May be one of the better ones in yeas. Big, strong and quick. They could have 5 seniors playing on after high school. A couple juniors should be pretty good and a 6-6 TE/ DE jr and other TE / OLB 6-1 215 jr that will be very good. Not counting sr 6-4 235 lb OLB/RB that will be playing somewhere after hs. They are working hard. Hopefully there will be a season.

Hey NorCal- I am mildly surprised that Noah hasn't received an offer from Stanford, in light of the Dahlman- Stanford connection. Obviously there are many reasons why particular schools don't pursue certain individuals and lord knows they can't go after everybody- just wondered if you had any insight/ opinion on the topic.

Hey NorCal- I am mildly surprised that Noah hasn't received an offer from Stanford, in light of the Dahlman- Stanford connection. Obviously there are many reasons why particular schools don't pursue certain individuals and lord knows they can't go after everybody- just wondered if you had any insight/ opinion on the topic.
Not sure why. Stanford may have others in their pipeline or not as big a need and have focus on other positions or some times waits later in the cycle. Dalman is already being considered as an NFL prospect in many rating services. It looks like he has the grades for the academics (he is an intelligent kid and has a high GPA). I would imagine a couple other programs may get into the bidding before he commits.

Palma line will be very good this season. May be one of the better ones in yeas. Big, strong and quick. They could have 5 seniors playing on after high school. A couple juniors should be pretty good and a 6-6 TE/ DE jr and other TE / OLB 6-1 215 jr that will be very good. Not counting sr 6-4 235 lb OLB/RB that will be playing somewhere after hs. They are working hard. Hopefully there will be a season.

Time to expand a football-only, two-tier WCAL and add Palma, King's Academy, SHP and Marin Catholic (on a CCS waiver).

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
If the travel made sense the two tier league would make sense.

In two, six-team WCAL tiers (the strong and the not-quite-as-strong), Palma would have a total of five league games; the Chieftains typically would have to travel (more than likely to Santa Clara County or Atherton/San Mateo) two or three times per season. Their league foes would make the trip to Salinas two or three times per season. The travel issue would probably be a major factor in determining where both Palma and MC are placed each year.

Time to expand a football-only, two-tier WCAL and add Palma, King's Academy, SHP and Marin Catholic (on a CCS waiver).

i prefer a set up with MC, CN, BOD, SI, Riordan and SHC in one league for travel purposes and add Kings and Palma in the other

Reactions: northbayfb
Here's another Palma player 6-3 1/2, 235lbs senior OLB/RB Guy Bessey who has D1 interest from several schools. No offers yet. Working hard in the off season.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLS13
That field he is working out on sure does not look like Palma's practice field or Rabo Bank stadium. Looks like he is making a trip in to Carmel to workout!

He is great kid and I am glad to see him putting the work in. He is the type of kid that needs this season to happen in order to get more tape for the recruiters. I could see him getting some FCS chances or DII.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT