ADVERTISEMENT

Post BoysCALive/Sec 7 Bay Area Top 10

ArmchairGOAT

Hall of Famer
Dec 8, 2019
My way too early Bay Area Top 10 based on the recent CALive and Sec 7 events. Lots of movement expected leading up to NorCals.
  1. Salesian
  2. Mitty
  3. Riordan
  4. Branson
  5. Vanden
  6. DeLaSalle
  7. St. Ignatius
  8. San Ramon Valley
  9. Dublin
  10. University
Salesian-RIordan Sec 7 Highlights

As usual, the SimplyBasketball highlights are practically unwatchable. Zoomed wayyyyyyy too close, camera jerking around... In this case, too low also. But maybe they can't help that here.

Can't argue with that Top 10, though... Other than maybe nitpicking with the order. While I didn't go to Section 7 or CALive, I've seen most of these teams in earlier events.

In Sec7 and CALive, were the teams at or close to full strength, ie. the stars at DLS, were they playing? Or were they watching like in the events I saw them in?

Can't argue with that Top 10, though... Other than maybe nitpicking with the order. While I didn't go to Section 7 or CALive, I've seen most of these teams in earlier events.

In Sec7 and CALive, were the teams at or close to full strength, ie. the stars at DLS, were they playing? Or were they watching like in the events I saw them in?
I understand DLS's Blair missed Friday's Sec 7 game (39 pt loss to eventual bracket champ Columbus-FL) and played Saturday and Sunday. It appears all the other teams had their full rosters as these were NCAA exposure events for actual HS teams rather than AAU teams.

I think Dougherty Valley will be better than possibly 2 EBAL teams listed above and SRV should be ranked higher.

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
I like the top three, but I think I would put Riordan #1. It is going to take some work to find everyone their role, but overall, they have the most talent
That was my thought as well. Mitty may very well beat them out, but it’s hard to look at all that talent and see Riordan not even win their league.

I think Dougherty Valley will be better than possibly 2 EBAL teams listed above and SRV should be ranked higher.
Agree on SRV, they’ve got everybody back except 1 shooter. DV loses a lot. You’d have them above DLS or Dublin? I love their program but that’ll be a tough task.

Agree on SRV, they’ve got everybody back except 1 shooter. DV loses a lot. You’d have them above DLS or Dublin? I love their program but that’ll be a tough task.
I won’t say they’ll definitely be better than DLS or Dublin, but I’ll say their coach is better and they have some underutilized pieces from last year and a transfer big who’ll be a big contributor and possibly another one coming in as well. So it would not surprise me if DV finishes ahead of all but SRV.

Reactions: observer22
That was my thought as well. Mitty may very well beat them out, but it’s hard to look at all that talent and see Riordan not even win their league.
This is just my early take...Salesian and Mitty have a good amount of players returning as you can see in their overall teamwork and results over the past few weeks. I do see Riordan in the mix for #1 when all is said and done.

Mitty countering Riordan with the addition of Caeden Hutcherson from SI. That’s 3 transfers for Mitty’s potential starting 5 matching Riordan’s potential starting 5.

Last edited:
Looks like those Riordan v Mitty games will be can't-miss events!
Arguably the best set of wings/guards going at it. Mitty’s got Jones, Hutherson, Noronha, Grouleau and Jalal. Riordan has Hilman, Berridge, McKenzie and Rencher. Add in Tofi Bush Nash and Sensley, too. Really looking forward to the big man matchup of Ripp vs Emeneke.

Reactions: larry legend33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT