ADVERTISEMENT

Regional Semi finals

LBJ6

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2018
#1 Miramonte vs #4 Presentation: I went with the true seedings here sorry. Miramonte should control this one with fundamental well coached basketball. Good guard play for MM will get this done for them even on the road. Great team playing a very good team.
MM by 7

#10 Saint Francis vs #11 Sacred Heart:
Sacred showing people what they are capable of after a slow start. Ton of matchup advantages and they force younl to adjust to their style of play. Another Road W for the lower seed
SACRED by 3

#1 PV vs #4 SRV:
I hear they have a dominant force up north. SRV looks to be getting hot at the right time but don't know if they can handle the size down low. Interesting matchup but home court and tough travel in favor of PV here. Interested to see if SRV can continue to score.
PV by 2

#2 Eureka vs #3 Valley Christian:
Valley Christian should be playing D-1 and their league has proven that. Battled great teams all season. Even with the travel up north I think they handle the #2.

#5 West Campus vs #8 Sacred Heart Prep
As we predicted ( most of us) west campus is one their way to playing for another state title this time in a higher division. This is what competitive equity was designed to do. While I think they should have been D1 or 2, they are doing it in a higher divison and still deserve respect.
West Campusby 6

#3 Christian Brothers vs #7 Clovis:
I don't know anything about Clovis but for West campus travel purposes I hope CB can take care of business on their home court.
CB by 3?

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
#1 Miramonte vs #4 Presentation: I went with the true seedings here sorry. Miramonte should control this one with fundamental well coached basketball. Good guard play for MM will get this done for them even on the road. Great team playing a very good team.
MM by 7

Sacred showing people what they are capable of after a slow start. Ton of matchup advantages and they force younl to adjust to their style of play. Another Road W for the lower seed
SACRED by 3

#1 PV vs #4 SRV:
I hear they have a dominant force up north. SRV looks to be getting hot at the right time but don't know if they can handle the size down low. Interesting matchup but home court and tough travel in favor of PV here. Interested to see if SRV can continue to score.
PV by 2

Valley Christian should be playing D-1 and their league has proven that. Battled great teams all season. Even with the travel up north I think they handle the #2.

As we predicted ( most of us) west campus is one their way to playing for another state title this time in a higher division. This is what competitive equity was designed to do. While I think they should have been D1 or 2, they are doing it in a higher divison and still deserve respect.
West Campusby 6

I don't know anything about Clovis but for West campus travel purposes I hope CB can take care of business on their home court.
CB by 3?
From a Sacramento area perspective, a West Campus vs. Christian Brothers game would be very entertaining with a sold-out gym. The schools are only 2.4 miles from each other.

MM by 7

SACRED by 3

#1 PV vs #4 SRV:
PV by 2

West Campusby 6

CB by 3?

MM vs Pres game will come down to who can control the tempo. Don't be surprised if Pres wins that game. They are very well coached and have some senior leadership. Not to mention the officiating in San Jose is VERY different from MM league.

SH is playing at home and has the 10 seed not 11. This will be the 4th time these two teams play. Yes, SH has the match up advantage but playing any team 4 times will be tough.

MM vs Pres game will come down to who can control the tempo. Don't be surprised if Pres wins that game. They are very well coached and have some senior leadership. Not to mention the officiating in San Jose is VERY different from MM league.

SH is playing at home and has the 10 seed not 11. This will be the 4th time these two teams play. Yes, SH has the match up advantage but playing any team 4 times will be tough.
Great perspective. They know each other very well by now then.

MM by 7

SACRED by 3

#1 PV vs #4 SRV:
PV by 2

West Campusby 6

CB by 3?

SRV will score. The question is will they score enough to make up for lack of rebounds?

SRV will score. The question is will they score enough to make up for lack of rebounds?
Don't know if the offense will travel with them and if they have the bodies to handle the big. We will see tomorrow night I guess. Should be a good one up north

One of the most nerve-wracking aspects of NorCals is waiting to see where the officials are from. The style of officiating can vary wildly, and it's not necessarily better or worse, just different.

As mentioned, Contra Costa officials tend to allow a little more contact that officials from other areas, but you really never know until the whistles start to blow.

Officials will be assigned from various parts of the state. No home team will be getting their own officials from just their area.

One of the most nerve-wracking aspects of NorCals is waiting to see where the officials are from. The style of officiating can vary wildly, and it's not necessarily better or worse, just different.

As mentioned, Contra Costa officials tend to allow a little more contact that officials from other areas, but you really never know until the whistles start to blow.
yup.. and sometimes northern section officials have a hard time adjusting to the speed and physicality of other sections. But like you said, sometimes that adjustment causes more fouls to be called, sometimes less... like a box of chocolates, well you know the rest

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT