ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals updated top 150 of 25

vukovich

Sports Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
Rivals just updated their 2025 national player rankings. Only two NorCal guys in the group with Jasir Rencher coming in at 66 and Alec Blair at 115.

Reactions: coachlittle
Rivals just updated their 2025 national player rankings. Only two NorCal guys in the group with Jasir Rencher coming in at 66 and Alec Blair at 115.
What are they measuring? Potential, skill, IQ, current ability, what? I cannot tell and seriously question the accuracy of the ranking once you get past the first 20 or 30 names. How many players that were not listed at all became better players than those that were list in front of them when they got to college?

I feel like that is a pretty typical number for NorCal in the national rankings. Pretty high ranking for Jasir too.

What are they measuring? Potential, skill, IQ, current ability, what? I cannot tell and seriously question the accuracy of the ranking once you get past the first 20 or 30 names. How many players that were not listed at all became better players than those that were list in front of them when they got to college?
I think a decent amount of his is long term potential. Rivals does a pretty good job imo but outside of 10-15 super elite guys the next 50 are usually pretty darn close.

Blair not in the top 100 seems criminal too me. Guy has everything you are looking for in a Forward. 24/7 has him as a top 30 prospect, so I guess the jury is really out on him still. Right now it seems Oklahoma with a dual basketball/baseball scholarship is his top option.

Honestly not the biggest fan of Rencher’s. Needs to work on his shot a ton. But he has potential and I think will probably benefit from the college structure whether he ends up at Washington, Oklahoma or LSU.

Best 2025 prospect in Norcal right now is probably Prolific’s Winters Grady.

Blair not in the top 100 seems criminal too me. Guy has everything you are looking for in a Forward. 24/7 has him as a top 30 prospect, so I guess the jury is really out on him still. Right now it seems Oklahoma with a dual basketball/baseball scholarship is his top option.

Honestly not the biggest fan of Rencher’s. Needs to work on his shot a ton. But he has potential and I think will probably benefit from the college structure whether he ends up at Washington, Oklahoma or LSU.

Best 2025 prospect in Norcal right now is probably Prolific’s Winters Grady.
We are not including non NorCal players who fly in to play for a prep school for a few months.

I feel like that is a pretty typical number for NorCal in the national rankings. Pretty high ranking for Jasir too.
Norcal is a baseball and football factory and has been the past 20 years. Hoops has fallen off in terms of D1 players or maybe they just get poached away. Very few people leave area for different football or baseball pastures. Don't have too. With exception of the Trinity league schools Folsom HS is one of the the most recruited schools in CA.

Reactions: coachlittle
I just think that the so called scouts and sport writers are just lazy, they don't care, and they do not advocate for basketball players here in the north. They rather rather gossip about players. Folks on this forum included. We have kids here that get more love from southern California than they get from grown men on this forum. For example in the 2026 Class you players like Andrew, Elias, Max, Caeden, Myles, Raymond, Ibrahim, and many more, all these players are D1 players, let projects these kids and then the national ranking sites will follow.

I just think that the so called scouts and sport writers are just lazy, they don't care, and they do not advocate for basketball players here in the north. They rather rather gossip about players. Folks on this forum included. We have kids here that get more love from southern California than they get from grown men on this forum. For example in the 2026 Class you players like Andrew, Elias, Max, Caeden, Myles, Raymond, Ibrahim, and many more, all these players are D1 players, let projects these kids and then the national ranking sites will follow.
Disagree. There are always under recruited kids and over recruited ones that don't pencil out. All those kids are low D1 players. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't mean people don't love them or are lazy.
The hoop talent now gets pooled at prep and powerhouse privates now more than ever.

There are some great recruiting guys and some awful lazy ones. This isn’t 25 years ago there are no hidden gems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT