ADVERTISEMENT

Sac State !

and as much as a good story colorado is... they will now face oregon, sc, ucla and utah... they wont survive
Reality will hit CU. They struggled to get a 2OT win at home against CSU. That same CSU got beat at home by Wazzu by 26 the previous week. Enjoy this while it lasts CU fans

3 wins and excitement is already a huge improvement over last year, they get to a bowl game at 6-6 that would be massive for them especially with all the roster turnover they had this year
Boy they have Oregon, USC, ASU, Stanford, UCLA, Oregon State, UofA, Wazzu, and Utah left. I see at most 2 wins (ASU and Stanford) there. If they get 3 I absolutely agree that would be huge.

I hope he stays after his kids leave. Overall a great hire from CU perspective so far.

What I am interested to see is how long Deion actually sticks around….. Shilo is a Sr and Shadour is a Jr, both will be eligible for the NFL draft…. He does have a daughter there who I think is a Sophomore playing Basketball….

He really does seem like he is into it for the kids, I am sure though if he stays in College Bigger name schools will come calling…. Time will tell how this all unfolds and whether he is really committed to Colorado or not….
It’s been fun to follow and it’s really grasped the entire nation. College football always needs a story and this one is hard not to enjoy. Prime is an entertainer and former incredible player. He’s hard not to like. I’ve always been a big fan. The Media has def blown it up which is what they do. Shadour can flat out play. He’s been amazing.
But reality will settle in as they have a brutal schedule coming up. Oregon and USC could slap on 55+. I think they lose to Oregon and USC by 3-4TD. I think they will win 6 games this year and Vegas had them at 3.5. (They Beat asu, Stanford, and Arizona remaining. )

Reactions: THEOC89 and MC415
If you win in tough to win places like he’s done so far and bring in energy I think your coaching skills are just fine………..also his support staff who he hired and delegates too has been really good that makes you a good coach
I think his support staff shows he’s a smart coach; just like he’s a smart self-promoter, and a smart hype man. I’m not putting him down, he’s obviously done a lot of things right thus far. That all said, I’m not a fan of his

Reactions: MC415
I think his support staff shows he’s a smart coach; just like he’s a smart self-promoter, and a smart hype man. I’m not putting him down, he’s obviously done a lot of things right thus far. That all said, I’m not a fan of his
My friends and I were just talking about this at work, his biggest detractors are middle aged white men who lean center or right……..he makes white guys uncomfortable and I love it tbh! Love Coach Prime and everything he brings!

My friends and I were just talking about this at work, his biggest detractors are middle aged white men who lean center or right……..he makes white guys uncomfortable and I love it tbh! Love Coach Prime and everything he brings!
I don’t know.. maybe more geographic like nick saban Bama country. I don’t see that in north calif. I know plenty of Middle Aged white guys who love Deion and always have. I really havent heard anybody say anything negative at all. This was 5th most viewed game in espn history. Maybe I’m an optimist but people tuned in to see Colorado win. I know I did. He brings such great energy.
Hard not to love. I wish him nothing but success.

Wait, who you calling “middle-aged and white”. 🤣

I wouldn’t call myself a detractor, I’m just the type of person who was taught it was respectful to take off my sunglasses to speak to people. Oh wait, does wanting people to be respectful make me middle-aged or white, or BOTH? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: MC415 and THEOC89
I don’t know.. maybe more geographic like nick saban Bama country. I don’t see that in north calif. I know plenty of Middle Aged white guys who love Deion and always have. I really havent heard anybody say anything negative at all. This was 5th most viewed game in espn history. Maybe I’m an optimist but people tuned in to see Colorado win. I know I did. He brings such great energy.
Hard not to love. I wish him nothing but success.
Totally Agree!!!…. I am a middle aged white guy and I Luv Deion!!…. Except when he played for The Cowboys….. 🤣

he would be a fool to stay there. dallas cowboys, las vegas raiders, fsu if they start to lose.
I don't see him going to the NFL. Under the current structure of college football, he has way more control over his roster in college than the NFL. I think it is more likely he goes to a different school (and I don't think it will be FSU).

What I am interested to see is how long Deion actually sticks around….. Shilo is a Sr and Shadour is a Jr, both will be eligible for the NFL draft…. He does have a daughter there who I think is a Sophomore playing Basketball….

He really does seem like he is into it for the kids, I am sure though if he stays in College Bigger name schools will come calling…. Time will tell how this all unfolds and whether he is really committed to Colorado or not….
If I were in Prime's position, I'd choose to remain in Colorado. It offers excellent educational institutions, top-notch facilities, passionate fans, and the added benefit of being near a major sports hub. Players can easily attend Broncos, Nuggets, and Rockies games, which serves as an attractive incentive.

But if I did leave, I'd consider relocating only for a job opportunity in a prominent market, such as USC/UCLA, Miami, Washington, SMU/TCU/Houston, Arizona State, or Cal.

(The Powers that be are nervous, because these colleges near/in big Cities are at a major advantage when it comes to recruiting, exposure, media, NIL, experience and amenities)

I don't see him going to the NFL. Under the current structure of college football, he has way more control over his roster in college than the NFL. I think it is more likely he goes to a different school (and I don't think it will be FSU).
I don’t see him going to the NFL either…. I also don’t see him going to FSU….

I believe he will end up at LSU…. I don’t think their coach will last more than 1 more year….

If I were in Prime's position, I'd choose to remain in Colorado. It offers excellent educational institutions, top-notch facilities, passionate fans, and the added benefit of being near a major sports hub. Players can easily attend Broncos, Nuggets, and Rockies games, which serves as an attractive incentive.

But if I did leave, I'd consider relocating only for a job opportunity in a prominent market, such as USC/UCLA, Miami, Washington, SMU/TCU/Houston, Arizona State, or Cal.

(The Powers that be are nervous, because these colleges near/in big Cities are at a major advantage when it comes to recruiting, exposure, media, NIL, experience and amenities)
I do think he will stay at Colorado at least until his Daughter graduates…. Then I think he will leave for a bigger College job…. Likely in the SEC….

UCLA would be a great spot, I don’t think Chip Kelly will last there, especially once they join the Big 10…. Deion would give the program a big boost if energy…. I just think he will have better options elsewhere….

MC I will have to go the other way on this. He is flashy yes but he only talks up his guys and rarely if ever denigrates his opponents. Every middle aged white guy I know love this guy.

Personally, he won me over at FSU because he walked the walk and wasn't just a mouth. Only cementing it with his amazing dual sport accomplishments while playing for the Falcons and the Braves. Amazingly he hit over .500 in the '92 series while playing football at the same time. I believe he is the still the only guy to play in both a Superbowl and a World Series.

So from this middle aged white guy, I am a big fan of his and always will be.

I do think he will stay at Colorado at least until his Daughter graduates…. Then I think he will leave for a bigger College job…. Likely in the SEC….

UCLA would be a great spot, I don’t think Chip Kelly will last there, especially once they join the Big 10…. Deion would give the program a big boost if energy…. I just think he will have better options elsewhere….

I'm sure the SEC will come calling. But if I was Prime, I would want to be close to a Big City with all of the amenities:

Reactions: THEOC89
I don't think this is true really, is it? I am white AND middle-aged, why exactly does he make me nervous? He is a football coach, that's it.

His chuking and jiving. Too much hippity hop.
Why would that make anyone nervous?…. Deion is funny and fun to listen to…. That’s a bunch of Bull Junk!…. 🤣
Exactly, nobody cares about that, even the guys that the above poster thinks care about it, don't. Not my style but he cares about the kids, and he old-schools them, all of us white middle-aged conservatives like old-school. Time to get a new belief.

Why would that make anyone nervous?…. Deion is funny and fun to listen to…. That’s a bunch of Bull Junk!…. 🤣
He said uncomfortable. And that is true. You can like him, and many don't because he isn't their type. 2 things can be true at the same time.

Exactly, nobody cares about that, even the guys that the above poster thinks care about it, don't. Not my style but he cares about the kids, and he old-schools them, all of us white middle-aged conservatives like old-school. Time to get a new belief.
Prime time!!!! Who doesn’t love him. He represents so many good things to me. Hard work, discipline, enjoy the moment, celebrate the kids, have fun, character, Mentoring. Watching. Nick saban interview makes me uncomfortable. I’m all in with prime. But I’m a firm believer he needs to be with young men. Keep him in college. He’s a difference maker.

His chuking and jiving. Too much hippity hop.
I think he uses that to relate to the kids. He's got 21,20,19 year old kids of his own( Im approximating their age) so he can use that. It's just for publicity to attract that age group. Its within his recruiting age demographic (18-21)

Reactions: RidgeRider
I think he uses that to relate to the kids. He's got 21,20,19 year old kids of his own( Im approximating their age) so he can use that. It's just for publicity to attract that age group. Its within his recruiting age demographic (18-21)
I agree. I thought his interview post-TCU win was a departure from the side of himself he had shown the media previously, or at least a more "turned up" version. I thought he was doing that for exactly the reasons you state.

For the posters above, still doesn't make us uncomfortable, that is something you have made up in your head.

Interested to hear everyone's take on this play. (see link for video below)

Here's mine:
Had this been Kamura attempting to "eye poke" Shedeur Sanders (instead of the other way around), I'm thinking Prime Time would be discussing it in earnest in the media, talking about how everyone is after his team and his kids. But because the refs didn't see it during the game, and the culprit is CU's star QB (and the coach's son), Deon ignores it, or did I miss him discussing it somewhere?

And "Yes", I know Kamura was part of 'stirring the pot' with Shedeur all game long - but this sure appears to be next level stuff, an eye poke (or at least an effort to do so), which is a quite the cheap shot - and a penalty.

View: https://x.com/TSV__1/status/1703250768034443435?s=20

Interested to hear everyone's take on this play. (see link for video below)

Here's mine:
Had this been Kamura attempting to "eye poke" Shedeur Sanders (instead of the other way around), I'm thinking Prime Time would be discussing it in earnest in the media, talking about how everyone is after his team and his kids. But because the refs didn't see it during the game, and the culprit is CU's star QB (and the coach's son), Deon ignores it, or did I miss him discussing it somewhere?

And "Yes", I know Kamura was part of 'stirring the pot' with Shedeur all game long - but this sure appears to be next level stuff, an eye poke (or at least an effort to do so), which is a quite the cheap shot - and a penalty.

View: https://x.com/TSV__1/status/1703250768034443435?s=20

Definitely looks like a Cheap shot to me…. It’s kind of like the MD Players spitting in the face of the DLS player in the open a few years back…. I guess if the refs don’t see it, there is no need to talk about it…. 🤣

Definitely looks like a Cheap shot to me…. It’s kind of like the MD Players spitting in the face of the DLS player in the open a few years back…. I guess if the refs don’t see it, there is no need to talk about it…. 🤣
It was the 2018 game. DLS’ last great team imo.

Reactions: remc and THEOC89
Prime time!!!! Who doesn’t love him. He represents so many good things to me.

I could provide a pretty nice list of reasons not to love him, not only as a narcissistic, front running player but now as a narcissistic coach that predominantly makes things about him.

But I fear it would just fall upon deaf ears since clearly so many of you have already fallen victim to the mainstream media's Jedi mind trick and for his used car salesman shtick. He's SWAC, through and through, right? SMH.

I'll say this for him. Thank the football gods for the current state of the transfer portal and NIL, without which we'd never be hearing about this dude's head coaching career. Also, he is brutally honest -- when it suits him. So there's that too.

Last edited:
I don’t know.. maybe more geographic like nick saban Bama country. I don’t see that in north calif. I know plenty of Middle Aged white guys who love Deion and always have.
Wait, who you calling “middle-aged and white”. 🤣

I wouldn’t call myself a detractor, I’m just the type of person who was taught it was respectful to take off my sunglasses to speak to people. Oh wait, does wanting people to be respectful make me middle-aged or white, or BOTH? 🤣
Totally Agree!!!…. I am a middle aged white guy and I Luv Deion!!…. Except when he played for The Cowboys….. 🤣
I don't think this is true really, is it? I am white AND middle-aged, why exactly does he make me nervous? He is a football coach, that's it.

Yeah, nothing personal toward MC415, but chalking it up to a political, racial, or cultural thing is a total cop out. Why does that have to be the first place to where the mind gravitates?

My disdain has zero to do with any of that nonsense. And while there will always be some knuckleheads for whom those reasons do apply, I firmly believe they don't apply to the vast majority of Me-ion's detractors. But perhaps I'm just naive and an optimist in that regard.

I'm equally not fond of Nick Saban and Jim Harbaugh. Does that aversion also apply to middle aged white men who lean center or right too??

Somebody could easily flip the script and claim that those that are lobbying and championing for Me-ion are immature millennials and gen z'ers who lean center or left. But that's no more true than the other accusation.

I almost don't even know what to say about the "he makes white guys uncomfortable" comment other than it's insulting. Does every white head coach whose personality and M.O. isn't like Me-ion cause black guys or other minorities to feel uncomfortable? I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess "NO".

Sorry, but that's just a silly POV. But I suppose that's the direction far too many seem to want to go with these things nowadays. I'll blame that on the mainstream media as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: RidgeRider
I could provide a pretty nice list of reasons not to love him, not only as a narcissistic, front running player but now as a narcissistic coach that predominantly makes things about him.

But I fear it would just fall upon deaf ears since clearly so many of you have already fallen victim to the mainstream media's Jedi mind trick and for his used car salesman shtick. He's SWAC, through and through, right? SMH.

I'll say this for him. Thank the football gods for the current state of the transfer portal and NIL, without which we'd never be hearing about this dude's head coaching career. Also, he is brutally honest -- when it suits him. So there's that too.
I for one, am not afraid to call out Mister Thunder. Truly an arrogant statement from one of our own. Yes !! if everyone would just listen to me, they would understand.
Sorry Thunder, not every one gets your way of thinking

Here's wishing you great football

Reactions: aztecpadre
oh my stanford... looking like a jv team out there

Well now they wanna put up a fight. Lollll

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MC415
Took the fun out of it adding that second line LOL

Combination of great resolve for Stanford to not fold and tough look for Colorado to lose that kind of lead especially at home
I think Colorado expected an easy game, git it early on, and became complacent and lost their competitive edge. They simply couldn't get it back. Stanford just kept chopping wood, made a few plays, kept working, gained confidence as they closed the gap . Great win for them

Biggest comeback in Stanford history.
The prime thing was fun but let’s face it. That is not a good football team. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose the next 4 in a row. Who are they going to beat that remain?

I thought they would get 6 wins this year but I don’t see it.

Oregon state
Arizona
Wash state
Utah

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT