ADVERTISEMENT

Sacred Heart Cathedral 2018 Football Schedule

Not bad. There were some good defensive players out there. Anthony Heard played well on both sides of the ball. Another RB wearing 41 had some speed also.

The QB's have good arms but they will miss Will Irons. Jefferson's QB has a good arm. He nailed a few 40-yard bombs against Lincoln.

The official roster still isn't out but they posted the team picture showing 45 players.

Per one of the coaches, one of the qb's is a sophomore transfer from SI who was SI's starting freshman qb last year.

Per one of the coaches, one of the qb's is a sophomore transfer from SI who was SI's starting freshman qb last year.

Appears to be Cian Dowling, 6'1, 185. From his limited Hudl highlights from last year, he can improvise and make an athletic play. On the flip side, those plays appear as though he didnt give time for play to develop or pocket broke down fast (likely a combination) and took off. Might as well hand him over the keys this year and get a head start as the primary guy. Only a soph, so maybe he grows to be 6'5 and transform into next Will Irons.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
SI is a LAX school, but I do agree that the football culture is diminishing. This can help SH & AR for the future.

Based on the posted roster, it is alarming that 15 sophs are on the varsity squad. Anyone know if that number is because of cuts or thats the number that actually still wanted to play after frosh? I would gather that since there is no JV squad, they would take all that still wanted to be part of the team. In any case, looks like we have some beef up front with Hester and Branch-Haynes.

Reactions: Scott2138
Based on the posted roster, it is alarming that 15 sophs are on the varsity squad. Anyone know if that number is because of cuts or thats the number that actually still wanted to play after frosh? I would gather that since there is no JV squad, they would take all that still wanted to be part of the team. In any case, looks like we have some beef up front with Hester and Branch-Haynes.
I don't think that's the full roster. I counted 34 at the scrimmage. The official roster has 46 players. 45 players are on the Frosh roster. That's much better than last season.

Last edited:
Tuition not including books and other fees:
SI: $24,375
SH: $20,000
ARHS: $20,000

Math says more bang for the buck at SH and ARHS. Is Jesus really $4,375 more?

A source told me SI will be in the $34,000 range within the next 5 years to compete with Lick, Stuart Hall, University, Urban, etc....I think SHC and Riordan will become much more attractive to bay area outsiders etc if they keep tuition in the 20,000 range.

The full roster is at this link:

https://shcathletics.com/main/teamroster/id/60039/seasonId/4385605

Also the pasina brothers very good two way lineman

I dont know how good the Pasina twins were but one constant for any team is if you have big guys up front, you're RB is going to have a good game. Lets recognize the guys who stayed, Levar, Speedy, and last year Areon, Amin.

$34k for an SI education?.... I suppose. Well if your kids are coming from Town, Stuart Hall, St. Brendans, St. Cecilia's, and the Marin County schools then its not a big deal. They can find that in their couches.

I dont know how good the Pasina twins were but one constant for any team is if you have big guys up front, you're RB is going to have a good game. Lets recognize the guys who stayed, Levar, Speedy, and last year Areon, Amin.

$34k for an SI education?.... I suppose. Well if your kids are coming from Town, Stuart Hall, St. Brendans, St. Cecilia's, and the Marin County schools then its not a big deal. They can find that in their couches.
Agreed in my opinion speedy and levar are one of the best athletes for football in the wcal hope those kids get the recognition they deserve. They can ball!

Also the pasina brothers very good two way lineman

All at St Francis with Daly too!!... "Well, as they say, "next man up"... I still can't believe Coach Mackey didn't use Sinkovitz or Daly on the Varsity basketball team last year, they had some length..at least one of them would have been a good addition and gave more options for him. The SHC frosh team looks like they have three QBs with decent size for frosh...Looks like they have some decent size for WR/Rbs too.. Linemen, maybe...(just looking ahead)

Last edited:
Will be at the Palma game v SHC. If you can't make it should be broadcast at 7:30PM (pres how may start earlier) by radio / internet audio stream on:
https://www.iheart.com/live/power-talk-1460-and-101-fm-4639/?autoplay=true&pname=15400&campid=header&cid=/schedule/

NorCal - are you teasing us with this link? Nuthin' but commercials & ads & nuthin about game...darn!

Oh - OK there is a radio stream in background but no live-stream of game...disappointing

Not sure. Usually where broadcast.
Score is 3-0 Palma at half.
SHC offense has been stuffed. SHC defense has stuffed Palma running attack but Palma getting lots of yards passing but scored only 1 fog on 3 attempts. SHC gets ball to start half.

Not sure. Usually where broadcast.
Score is 3-0 Palma at half.
SHC offense has been stuffed. SHC defense has stuffed Palma running attack but Palma getting lots of yards passing but scored only 1 fog on 3 attempts. SHC gets ball to start half.
Irish SCORE! Blocked PAT. Lead 6-3 at the end of 3. Anthony Heard with a 40-yard run on a 4th down and 4.

Last edited:
Heard 40 yard TD run on 4th and 4
SHC 6 Palma 3 q3 1:49
Xtra point blocked

Palma bering returns to 33
Viegas Palma gets to SHC 15
Now 1st and 10 At SHC 13

Viegas to SHC 4 yard line and end of q3
SHC 6Palma 3

Palma starts q4 on 1st and goal from 5

SHC 8 yard TD pass to #38
2pt conversion