ADVERTISEMENT

Sacred Heart Cathedral Football Schedule - 2016

Irish_Cheers

Hall of Famer
May 11, 2008
From the MaxPreps Calendar, this is the tentative schedule for Sacred Heart Cathedral Football - 2016:

Varsity Football – Fall 2016 (103RD Season)
Ken Peralta (4TH Season)

Fri. Aug. 19 South San Francisco (Scrimmage) Kezar 3:00...
Fri. Aug. 26 @Terra Nova 7:00pm
Fri. Sep. 2 @Justin-Siena 7:30pm
Fri. Sep. 9 Menlo-Atherton Kezar 7:00pm
West Catholic Athletic League
Fri. Sep. 16 BYE WEEK
Fri. Sep. 23 Mitty (Foothill College) 7:00pm
Fri. Sep. 30 Serra Kezar 7:00pm
Fri. Oct. 7 @Bellarmine 7:00pm
Fri. Oct. 14 Riordan Kezar 7:00pm
Fri. Oct. 21 St. Francis Kezar 7:00pm
Fri. Oct. 28 St. Ignatius Kezar 7:00pm
THURS. Nov. 3 Valley Christian Kezar 7:00pm

Junior Varsity Football - Fall 2016
Lou Cobos

Fri. Aug. 19 South San Francisco (Scrimmage) Kezar 3:00pm
Fri. Aug. 26 @Terra Nova 4:00pm
Fri. Sept. 2 @Justin-Siena 5:00pm
Fri. Sep. 9 Menlo-Atherton Kezar 4:00pm

Fri. Sep. 16 BYE WEEK
Fri. Sep. 23 Mitty (Foothill JC) 4:00pm
Fri. Sep. 30 Serra Kezar 4:00pm
Fri. Oct. 7 @Bellarmine 4:00pm
Fri. Oct. 14 Riordan Kezar 4:00pm
Fri. Oct. 21 St. Francis Kezar 4:00pm
Fri. Oct. 28 St. Ignatius Kezar 4:00pm
THURS. Nov. 3 Valley Christian Kezar 4:00pm

Frosh Football – Fall 2016
John Kruger (3RD Season)

Sat. Sep. 3 Terra Nova (Scrimmage) TH 5:00pm
Th. Sep. 8 Ygnacio Valley Kezar 4:00pm
Th. Sep. 15 Washington (Fremont) Kezar 4:00pm

Sat. Sep. 24 Mitty Kezar 10:00am
Sat. Oct. 1 @Serra 10:00am
Sat. Oct. 8 Bellarmine Kezar 10:00am
Sat. Oct. 15 Riordan Kezar 10:00am
Sat. Oct. 22 @St. Francis 10:00am
Th. Oct. 27 St. Ignatius Kezar 5:00pm
Sat. Nov. 5 @Valley Christian 10:00am

Last edited:
Unconfirmed but source is good: Tentatively, Serra scheduled to play St. Mary's-Stockton, Pittsburg and DLS in 2016.

Yes, Serra has announced that they have scheduled those three schools. First game will be against St. Mary's.

Max Preps has a varsity roster listed already. It shows 44 players but I'm expecting 50+. Barring injuries as was evident all last season, we'll have some talented teams playing and by 2018 people won't be using the lack of practice facilities as an excuse since the practice area will be effectively be doubled when Lang Field's renovation is finished.

Also, ignoring Fool-bo's lo-octane remarks won't hurt either. He's been flapping his gums for five years now. Keep working on that purple doormat, Fool. Work on an SI mat while you're at it. Maybe Rubbit-5 can help.

Last edited:
Max Preps has a varsity roster listed already. It shows 44 players but I'm expecting 50+. Barring injuries as was evident last season, we'll have some talented teams playing.
You write the same thing every year and every year you lose. What WCAL game do you predict the ongoing Sacred Heart FIGHTIN IRISH will win this year to end the ongoing four season 22 conecutive game WCAL losing streak?

Reactions: rabbit5
Max Preps has a varsity roster listed already. It shows 44 players but I'm expecting 50+. Barring injuries as was evident all last season, we'll have some talented teams playing and by 2018 people won't be using the lack of practice facilities as an excuse since it will be effectively be doubled Lang Field's renovation will be finished.

Also, ignoring Fool-bo's lo-octane remarks won't hurt either. He's been flapping his gums for five years now. Keep working on that purple doormat, Fool. Work on an SI mat while you're at it.
Mitty Serra Bells?

For SHC the name of the game begins and ends with the number of players on the roster. I've said this the last 2 season's that the numbers simply were not in the Irish favor. With 40 +/- on the roster and adjusting for "marginal" players a few injuries into the rigorous WCAL schedule and the Irish are suddenly in a tailspin - going from competitive early in the season to succumbing to a series of blow-outs playing the upper tier teams. With minimal depth and expected injuries to 2-3-4 starters the lack of depth can show early. Teams such as VC, SF & Serra with 60-70 players have adequate back-ups and can withstand a few injuries providing an overwhelming advantage over a "maybe 40 roster team".
The one team that has done consistently well with lower numbers has been the Bell's as coach Janda is amazing at utilizing the talent he has to work with. The Bell's the last 2 season's were somewhat under-sized and had numerous players playing both ways. Fortunately the Bell's did not sustain many injuries to the vital skill players.

On another note DLS had the deepest roster of any I reviewed last season at 76 players and had some 2nd, 3rd players who'd start at other HS's.
DLS lost a ton to graduation from last season and some fans seem to think this will be a "down year" for the Spartan's. With the Spartan's system & coaching if they have similar roster numbers I'm guessing they'll win a few games this season.

For SHC the name of the game begins and ends with the number of players on the roster. I've said this the last 2 season's that the numbers simply were not in the Irish favor. With 40 +/- on the roster and adjusting for "marginal" players a few injuries into the rigorous WCAL schedule and the Irish are suddenly in a tailspin - going from competitive early in the season to succumbing to a series of blow-outs playing the upper tier teams. With minimal depth and expected injuries to 2-3-4 starters the lack of depth can show early. Teams such as VC, SF & Serra with 60-70 players have adequate back-ups and can withstand a few injuries providing an overwhelming advantage over a "maybe 40 roster team".
The one team that has done consistently well with lower numbers has been the Bell's as coach Janda is amazing at utilizing the talent he has to work with. The Bell's the last 2 season's were somewhat under-sized and had numerous players playing both ways. Fortunately the Bell's did not sustain many injuries to the vital skill players.

On another note DLS had the deepest roster of any I reviewed last season at 76 players and had some 2nd, 3rd players who'd start at other HS's.
DLS lost a ton to graduation from last season and some fans seem to think this will be a "down year" for the Spartan's. With the Spartan's system & coaching if they have similar roster numbers I'm guessing they'll win a few games this season.

All true, but for the past 200+ games I've seen, I've never seen so many key injuries so early in the season to effectively end it by game two. I do expect the roster to be over 50 this season and a much better team for the foreseeable future. Gaining the use of a renovated Lang Field by the 2018 season will effectively double the area used for practice, so that's a big plus.

Last edited:
All true, but for the past 200+ games I've seen, I've never seen so many key injuries so early in the season to effectively end it by game two. I do expect the roster to be over 50 this season and a much better team this season.

Yes Irish_Cheers I have to admit the "luck of the Irish" did not pertain to their injuries the past 2 season's, whcih seemed to be to key skill players and somewhat decimated the team by mid-season. Will the Irish have a different offensive game plan this season or similar "vanilla mode" as last 2 season's? [granted you have to have good skill players to implement a more wide open offense].

Yes Irish_Cheers I have to admit the "luck of the Irish" did not pertain to their injuries the past 2 season's, whcih seemed to be to key skill players and somewhat decimated the team by mid-season. Will the Irish have a different offensive game plan this season or similar "vanilla mode" as last 2 season's? [granted you have to have good skill players to implement a more wide open offense].

I sure hope they open it up. There is a lot of speed but I don't have any QB info. Good to see baseball play well. Who else has beaten the CCS #1 and #2 back-to-back lately?

Last edited:
One thing that hasn't come up in these posts is the lack of an offensive game plan from the Irish. They ran 4 different offenses last year. Ask any football coach and they will tell you that is a recipe for disaster. Do any of you think it was a good idea to run the Single Wing offense with a D1 RB and OT? How about the flexbone? How do you practice all that stuff?

To make matters worse Riordan runs a cohesive system that players would want to play in (the spread) with a young energetic coaching staff.

One thing that hasn't come up in these posts is the lack of an offensive game plan from the Irish. They ran 4 different offenses last year. Ask any football coach and they will tell you that is a recipe for disaster. Do any of you think it was a good idea to run the Single Wing offense with a D1 RB and OT? How about the flexbone? How do you practice all that stuff?

To make matters worse Riordan runs a cohesive system that players would want to play in (the spread) with a young energetic coaching staff.

I'd like to see them open up the offense myself. They should take advantage of their speed.

How about running 1 offense and sticking to it. If I had JWS I would have put him in I and ran downhill everyplay. The Flexbone is the LAST offense I would put a back like that in.

If he didn't chuck that offense with three years of JWS on the team and 21 consecutive WCAL losses as the HC he isn't going to change this year. He had fast athletic players at the skill positions along with a D1 RB and D1 O lineman this past year that are superior players to anybody they have coming back or coming up.

They're running the single-wing. All they really need to do is pass more often.

What Fool-bo needs is an I.Q..

They're running the single-wing. All they really need to do is pass more often.

What Fool-bo needs is an I.Q..
Sacred Heart Cathedral Fightin Irish Football WCAL Record for the last three seasons: 0-21. That is ZERO WINS AND 21 LOSSES.

Sorry, they ran one offense, the flex bone. I know, because I had a kid on the team. Within the flexbone, you have two basic formations. A tight formation, with two tight ends and two wing backs, and a wide formation with two wide receivers with the wing backs as slot backs. Unfortunately, once Stefko went down, they did not have a quarterback who could really throw so the wide formation was not used much.

Ruiz, the sophomore was just not quite ready to take over last year. I anticipate he should be greatly improved this year, and will be pushed by fellow sophomore Will Irons, who is 6 2 and has a strong arm and really developed last year on jv's.

Sorry, they ran one offense, the flex bone. I know, because I had a kid on the team. Within the flexbone, you have two basic formations. A tight formation, with two tight ends and two wing backs, and a wide formation with two wide receivers with the wing backs as slot backs. Unfortunately, once Stefko went down, they did not have a quarterback who could really throw so the wide formation was not used much.

Ruiz, the sophomore was just not quite ready to take over last year. I anticipate he should be greatly improved this year, and will be pushed by fellow sophomore Will Irons, who is 6 2 and has a strong arm and really developed last year on jv's.

If Irons does get the QB position, Ruiz can play defense. He looked good on the frosh team.

Rikfan. You are incorrect and maybe you only made it to the games where they ran the flexbone. The flexbone does NOT have a double tight double wing formation in it. THATS THE DOUBLE WING which is a radically different offense.

The varsity ran 4 offenses - the single wing, the shot gun double wing, the flexbone, and the spread.

The JV ran the flexbone.

The frosh ran the single wing.

Last edited:
I don't think Rikfan likes to hear "frosh" football. This past season's varsity team had a bit of a rough outing against Riordan as freshman. Knoshing of the teeth, fan outbursts, tears, injuries. Like a G.O.T. episode..

I'm really interested in the WCAL this year. I think Fordon is a good coach, but it's going to be tough for him this year with that senior class leaving. They lose a lot of talent to graduation. SHC is stronger at the lower levels than Riordan. Serra returns the WCAL MVP in Leki Nunn and St. Francis has Habibi-Likio, who is a very good athlete. Should be a fun year.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I don't think Rikfan likes to hear "frosh" football. This past season's varsity team had a bit of a rough outing against Riordan as freshman. Knoshing of the teeth, fan outbursts, tears, injuries. Like a G.O.T. episode..
Ha Ha "fool". You are funny. Making fun of a situation where a kid gets knocked out game with a concussion with two illegal hits. No worries though, it never slowed my son down, and he will be playing ncaa d-1 lacrosse next year fool. And I actually like to hear the word frosh football as I watched my youngest son's SHC team crush Riordan frosh two years ago and this years SHC frosh team crush them again.

Ha Ha "fool". You are funny. Making fun of a situation where a kid gets knocked out game with a concussion with two illegal hits. No worries though, it never slowed my son down, and he will be playing ncaa d-1 lacrosse next year fool. And I actually like to hear the word frosh football as I watched my youngest son's SHC team crush Riordan frosh two years ago and this years SHC frosh team crush them again.

And what's this?: amoebadefense "To make matters worse Riordan runs a cohesive system that players would want to play in (the spread) with a young energetic coaching staff."

For those that think the lower levels don't mean anything, I'd like to know how anybody can see anything positive from a team that gave up 66 points then 78 points in their first two games and had a dozen players quit by the time the Irish ran them off the field. I'd hardly call that "cohesive". But then, leave it to Foob and Rub-it 5 to display their collective IQ. (With apologies to those who actually have an IQ).

Last edited:
You SHCP fans are obsessed with freshman results. Nobody cares but you two. How about the last three year WCAL varsity results?

Fubo, how about the next 3 years WCAL varsity results...? With all the crap you talk, you better come out of that hole to face the music...You better not disappear either and pretend you didn't say all your sh--T...Everything comes in cycles, and you and others talked boldly of the Riordan Frosh in 2012, that are now graduating in another month. Maybe, you should go back and read them, how the frosh were all thumpers and stallions from the SF Warrior program, etc.

You really are a fool, which I know you are, if you think Riordan's current lower levels are anywhere as good as Riordan's class of 2016.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
All true, but for the past 200+ games I've seen, I've never seen so many key injuries so early in the season to effectively end it by game two. I do expect the roster to be over 50 this season and a much better team for the foreseeable future.
Quit your crying Irish Jeers, nobody cares about injuries, play with the guys you have and shut up for once.

No disrespect intended but I've been wanting to call you Bronx Cheers forever! Whew, feels good to get that out of my system! ; > )

No disrespect intended but I've been wanting to call you Bronx Cheers forever! Whew, feels good to get that out of my system! ; > )
Crap... You should've told me.

But one thing I don't get. If I were a St. Francis or any other fan, then it's OK. I don't care if people promote their own teams but what explains the hate when SHC fans promote theirs?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT