ADVERTISEMENT

Salesian beats Bishop O'Dowd at home 55-52

Alexsandra Alvarado has 14 points and Amira Brown has 13 points to lead Salesian

That's a big victory for Salesian for sure. Bishop O'Dowd is still in the mix so don't count them out.

Right Odowd beat St Joes(foundation game) st Joes beat Salesian -Salesian beat Odowd .. wide open!!

If anyone claims to know who the final 2 that will be left standing at the end of the NCS Open they are full of you know what.

Wide open.....

A lot will depend on the seeding and who plays who when. But still it’d be hard to call.

Miramonte-O'Dowd at 5 p.m. Saturday at Miramonte ... that will clear up some of the mystery.

actually, MM win adds a 4th element to the mystery. BOD win leaves the 3-way mystery unchanged. and of course, there's CN.

BOD
Salesian
CN
MM
SJND

In all honesty, I think any of these teams can beat each other on any given night. If not for the SJND debacle, I would probably have had SJND as the front runner followed by BOD or Salesian. You could probably throw Heritage in the mix too! Should be an interesting year for the inaugural open division in NCS!

Reactions: ClayK
when I look at SJND's 7 losses, one is to a team they beat 87-3 , contributing to the debacle leading to that forfeit. the other 6 were to teams each of which, if it would be in the NCS Open, would be the favorite.

couldn't agree more about a wide open Open. apologies for my ignorance, but the NCS website seems to apply the higher seed host, subject to the league champion exception, to the Open, "subject to adjustments". I know the complication, not the least of which is $, but a single neutral site (a la CCS) would sure be nice for the Open, which has the possibility that all the games, even if there's a loser's bracket, will be competitive and worth watching. easy for me to say.

Reactions: observer22
when I look at SJND's 7 losses, one is to a team they beat 87-3 , contributing to the debacle leading to that forfeit. the other 6 were to teams each of which, if it would be in the NCS Open, would be the favorite.

couldn't agree more about a wide open Open. apologies for my ignorance, but the NCS website seems to apply the higher seed host, subject to the league champion exception, to the Open, "subject to adjustments". I know the complication, not the least of which is $, but a single neutral site (a la CCS) would sure be nice for the Open, which has the possibility that all the games, even if there's a loser's bracket, will be competitive and worth watching. easy for me to say.

I'd like to see a single neutral site also...including loser brackets games guaranteeing everybody gets at least 2 games. And a 3rd place game to set the seedings for the 3rd or 4th Norcal Open teams if needed.

Reactions: observer22
I'm pretty sure NCS would love to have a neutral site if it can find an appropriate one that will turn a profit. One issue: Renting out a relatively expensive site in the East Bay and then having Cardinal Newman make the finals could be a negative. It's a long drive from Santa Rosa, especially if the game is Friday in the late afternoon.

To get a two-game minimum, which I think everyone will agree with, requires another NCS proposal and agreement from the Board of Governors. That will likely happen after the season, so any other tweaks should be suggested then as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT