ADVERTISEMENT

Scores for Sept. 7-8

I just watched the folsom/chaminade film. With all due respect to a program that usually is pretty good, especially the last couple years, I have to agree with just about every socal poster that chaminade is down this season. They couldn't line up correctly defensively and I would say they were not very physical...at all! They ran the ball (inside zone) fairly well, but circumstances forced them to pass more than they appear to be comfortable with. Not a very balanced attack. I will see better offenses and defenses in the SFL this season, which brings me to another point, how can some of you state that chaminade could be the #2 team in the SJS if they played up here. This season they would struggle to be in the SFL top 3. I don't feel its necessary to build up Folsom's opponent to improve the quality of the win. Last night Folsom dominated a very average team. This season Folsom's team is legit and can speak for themselves regardless of their schedule. The one element (out of area teams) struggle with Folsom is their familiarity of the program...their x's and o's. Next week, we (OR) go to Folsom. We know what we are up against, and Folsom knows its not playing an average team. This will be a battle of familiarity and two league foes who respectfully dislike each other on one given night of the year. 2016 we went for two-points at end of game and fumbled (lost 16-17), 2017 down 28-35 we drove to the redzone and fumbled to folsom's defense who scored (lost 28-42). I share the last two meetings because there are several players from both sides who competed then and will be next week. I don't know what to say about next week's game at Folsom other than not one person stepping off the OR bus expects to lose.

Reactions: RidgeRider
I just watched the folsom/chaminade film. With all due respect to a program that usually is pretty good, especially the last couple years, I have to agree with just about every socal poster that chaminade is down this season. They couldn't line up correctly defensively and I would say they were not very physical...at all! They ran the ball (inside zone) fairly well, but circumstances forced them to pass more than they appear to be comfortable with. Not a very balanced attack. I will see better offenses and defenses in the SFL this season, which brings me to another point, how can some of you state that chaminade could be the #2 team in the SJS if they played up here. This season they would struggle to be in the SFL top 3. I don't feel its necessary to build up Folsom's opponent to improve the quality of the win. Last night Folsom dominated a very average team. This season Folsom's team is legit and can speak for themselves regardless of their schedule. The one element (out of area teams) struggle with Folsom is their familiarity of the program...their x's and o's. Next week, we (OR) go to Folsom. We know what we are up against, and Folsom knows its not playing an average team. This will be a battle of familiarity and two league foes who respectfully dislike each other on one given night of the year. 2016 we went for two-points at end of game and fumbled (lost 16-17), 2017 down 28-35 we drove to the redzone and fumbled to folsom's defense who scored (lost 28-42). I share the last two meetings because there are several players from both sides who competed then and will be next week. I don't know what to say about next week's game at Folsom other than not one person stepping off the OR bus expects to lose.
All that said, Folsom by at least 5 scores if not more. I'd say 62-21. And I'm not being sarcastic.

Herm Edwards, You play to Win...errr TIE the game!
Kicking the xtra point isn't a sure thing and winning the game in OT isn't either. Opps, wide right due to a bobbled snap..... I agree with Herm Edwards way of thinking here especially if you're playing in someone else's backyard and your offense is struggling to move the ball in which CVC's was most of the night. Coach, your decision doesn't make you wrong but it doesn't necessarily make you right either.

What did you walk away thinking last night? Walters gave a lot of playing time to the 2nd and 3rd string as he has in nearly all of these first 4 games. We are deep at WR and RB with two good QB backups too. Lots of safeties and CB's as well.
Well, certainly a different pre-season approach with the SOS or lack thereof. Coach Taylor would have a stout pre-season and get the starters ready for the rugged SFL. With this pre-season schedule, it seems Coach is developing his skill depth for SFL (in the event of injuries). Talented depth at HS level is a big bonus. The OL is blocking well and jr tailback #21 moves chains and more every game, many weapons as you say. And, it was finally nice to see a TE/H involved in a pass play, even though it was shovel pass at end lol. We haven't really had a TE in the mix since '13 season. Next up @Granite Bay, and it looks like the Grizzlies are tuned up. DO has not faced good defenses yet. G1 Amador Valley might have been the best and we put up alot of points on that team. Granite Bay's D will be a much bigger test for DO's QB, so far QB Carson J is playing v good football, he worked very hard in offseason and it shows. Where DO also shows great improvement is special teams. Punt and KO returns, the golden eagles field a strong units and great speed/confidence. I think we all like DO's defense, although when we face speed like v the Dragons, there are some areas where we get exposed.

Reactions: RidgeRider
Well, certainly a different pre-season approach with the SOS or lack thereof. Coach Taylor would have a stout pre-season and get the starters ready for the rugged SFL. With this pre-season schedule, it seems Coach is developing his skill depth for SFL (in the event of injuries). Talented depth at HS level is a big bonus. The OL is blocking well and jr tailback #21 moves chains and more every game, many weapons as you say. And, it was finally nice to see a TE/H involved in a pass play, even though it was shovel pass at end lol. We haven't really had a TE in the mix since '13 season. Next up @Granite Bay, and it looks like the Grizzlies are tuned up. DO has not faced good defenses yet. G1 Amador Valley might have been the best and we put up alot of points on that team. Granite Bay's D will be a much bigger test for DO's QB, so far QB Carson J is playing v good football, he worked very hard in offseason and it shows. Where DO also shows great improvement is special teams. Punt and KO returns, the golden eagles field a strong units and great speed/confidence. I think we all like DO's defense, although when we face speed like v the Dragons, there are some areas where we get exposed.

Agree with everything. Sherman is doing a great job with special teams. Defense takes more chances now. Lots of depth. Conde is a force.

I think most teams are going to struggle with the Dragons speed. They have a couple of real gamebreakers .

Friday night is when we will know for sure. Can’t wait!

Last edited:

Run the football. That's how you beat GB this year.

All that said, Folsom by at least 5 scores if not more. I'd say 62-21. And I'm not being sarcastic.

Nah. I can't see Folsom scoring 62. I could see OR scoring 21 though. I think OR will need to run the football successfully for it to be a close game. That I think is the key.

Nah. I can't see Folsom scoring 62. I could see OR scoring 21 though. I think OR will need to run the football successfully for it to be a close game. That I think is the key.
Who's the D1 athlete on OR team that will stop Ngata from scoring at will? And if you double team him that would be suicidal. Yes both teams are very familiar with each other but the athletic gap is too huge for OR to deal with this year. A running clock is the only thing that will prevent Folsom from putting up 60+ points.

Not sure what the exact relationship is, but Brett Rodarte is a linebacker coach and his son Max plays on the team. Have seen family members at CC games with Placer gear on.
JM,again thanks for the Rodarte info,you are correct I spoke with Coach Montoya and yes Brett is Eric’s brother and Brett’s son Max is a stud at CC.They live close by CC and Joey said he would have loved having Max at Placer.......thanks again my friend.Go Placer

Reactions: John Mellencamp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT