ADVERTISEMENT

Scores for Sept. 7-8

DLS possesses the ball for almost 7 minutes to put this one away. Up on St. Francis 33-15 with 2:33 left

Reactions: THEOC89
Palma completes pass to MA 5 with 16 seconds and penalty. Ball on 44 . Time runs out and discussing it. 20-20 as time runs out and now overtime

Las Lomas 63 - Northgate 0 (56-0 at half / running clock in second half). Las Lomas has a nice QB with lots of playmakers. Very weak league - I think they'll easily run the table and enter the playoffs undefeated.

Capital Christian 26 Antelope 19. Capital had 2 more players ejected after Ross. Antelope seemed to be instigating everything and Capital would get caught retaliating. Referee crew was absolutely horrendous.

Capital Christian 26 Antelope 19. Capital had 2 more players ejected after Ross. Antelope seemed to be instigating everything and Capital would get caught retaliating. Referee crew was absolutely horrendous.

Taylor knows Antelope, he would have known they can play chippy and
edgy. His players would have known before that game not to retaliate. Must have been a REALLY edgy night by Antelope.

Game was chippy. Turned into a intense 2nd half. Im sure the videos will show what happend.

Good win for Capital. Game could have gone either way. The fake punt TD that was called back for unnecessary block in the back was a huge game changer (emotions and momentum).

In looking at the 2018 DLS schedule, I just realized the following:

Folsom: defending Div. I State Champion
Central Catholic: 4 time State Champion in their division.
St. Francis: 2017 Div. II State Champion
Bishop Gorman: 2014, 2015 & 2016 National Champion.

That is how a top school should schedule.

Final: Del Oro 45-18 over Sacramento.

What did you walk away thinking last night? Walters gave a lot of playing time to the 2nd and 3rd string as he has in nearly all of these first 4 games. We are deep at WR and RB with two good QB backups too. Lots of safeties and CB's as well.

Game was chippy. Turned into a intense 2nd half. Im sure the videos will show what happend.

Good win for Capital. Game could have gone either way. The fake punt TD that was called back for unnecessary block in the back was a huge game changer (emotions and momentum).
If Placer should be fortunate enough to win the FVL(Foothill Valley League)a D3 league,a league in which to do so they would first need to get by Pondo(3-0 Ponderosa) a Nevada Union that we all remember from their D1 days and a showdown with a (2-1 )Lincoln on final week of regular season....I could very well see a .........Placer vs Capital Christian D3 playoff game! I think that would be a very good game.......i’m sure Casey Taylor (CC) and Joey Montoya(Placer)would say the same.What do all you experts think of that and maybe it’s result,I am curious to hear your thoughts on that possibility!

Antioch was leading 35-28 with 2 minutes left. Clayton drives down and scores. Coach Tim Murphy decides to be arrogant and goes for two and they lose. Bye bye open/2/3 seed.

Antioch was leading 35-28 with 2 minutes left. Clayton drives down and scores. Coach Tim Murphy decides to be arrogant and goes for two and they lose. Bye bye open/2/3 seed.

How is that being arrogant last night, but when SRV went for 2 in the same situation vs DLS 2 years ago it was considered a heroic effort? That’s always a tough call. It’s brutal when it’s doesnt work, but brilliant when it does.

I was very impressed with the Antioch QB when they played Cal a few weeks ago, and I’m guessing he impressed a few more people with his performance last night.

Arrogant because the coach is known for stupid shit like that. Why not go kick the XP with all the momentum and go into OT coming back from a 27-6 score? Another thing I noticed was CVs offense going from that “passing attack” to their base Shotgun double wing in the second half.

If Placer should be fortunate enough to win the FVL(Foothill Valley League)a D3 league,a league in which to do so they would first need to get by Pondo(3-0 Ponderosa) a Nevada Union that we all remember from their D1 days and a showdown with a (2-1 )Lincoln on final week of regular season....I could very well see a .........Placer vs Capital Christian D3 playoff game! I think that would be a very good game.......i’m sure Casey Taylor (CC) and Joey Montoya(Placer)would say the same.What do all you experts think of that and maybe it’s result,I am curious to hear your thoughts on that possibility!

I think that would be a heck of a matchup. Similar to Placers state game last year with a lot of offense on both sides. Interesting family dynamic with Rodarte’s coaching on both teams.

Reactions: championcif75
that folsom score is amazing. 56 points in one half against a very good team wow

It was a beat down. But, consider this, #6 Oaks Christian also beat Chaminade earlier in the year, 31-13. Chamindae's QB was held to 96 total passing yards and NO TDs. Chaminade mustered a meager 2.6 yards per carry. Oaks picked the QB 6 time in that game. One could argue that Oaks has a better defense based on that game alone. Not sure of the relative injury situations.

Reactions: norcalfootballfan2
It was a beat down. But, consider this, #6 Oaks Christian also beat Chaminade earlier in the year, 31-13. Chamindae's QB was held to 96 total passing yards and NO TDs. Chaminade mustered a meager 2.6 yards per carry. Oaks picked the QB 6 time in that game. One could argue that Oaks has a better defense based on that game alone. Not sure of the relative injury situations.
I have seen oaks play twice this year, I believe folsom beats oaks by 2-3 tds

Arrogant because the coach is known for stupid shit like that. Why not go kick the XP with all the momentum and go into OT coming back from a 27-6 score? Another thing I noticed was CVs offense going from that “passing attack” to their base Shotgun double wing in the second half.

I didn’t see the game, but like I said that going for 2 gamble is always easy to second guess if it doesn’t work. I’d give credit to the Panther D for getting the stop. They’ve served notice that they will not be an easy out for anyone. The road to the BVAL championship will always go through Pitt, but it looks like Liberty and Antioch (& maybe Freedom) will be presenting some challenges this year. Should be exciting.

I didn’t see the game, but like I said that going for 2 gamble is always easy to second guess if it doesn’t work. I’d give credit to the Panther D for getting the stop. They’ve served notice that they will not be an easy out for anyone. The road to the BVAL championship will always go through Pitt, but it looks like Liberty and Antioch (& maybe Freedom) will be presenting some challenges this year. Should be exciting.
no issues, if I was coach murphy I would hae gone for 2 as well. tough call but took guts

Not sure what the exact relationship is, but Brett Rodarte is a linebacker coach and his son Max plays on the team. Have seen family members at CC games with Placer gear on.
JM,if not mistaken Brett is Eric Rodarte(Placer) brother......wow tyvm on that.I’ll contact Joey and get the story,but that is new news not that he has a brother but that Brett is at CC,thanks again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT