ADVERTISEMENT

Serra v Serra tthread - Honor Bowl

• According to Max Preps Serra and St. Francis (MV) played twice in the 2017 season.

• MAX PREPS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SCHEDULING
  • 16e16363-66d8-45af-b777-7820b3256850.gif
Serra 2017 Football Schedule
Date Opponent Result
8/26 7:00p
@ St. Mary's (Stockton, CA)
(L) 41 - 13

9/2 8:15p
@ Elk Grove (Elk Grove, CA)
(W) 42 - 21

9/9 2:00p
Pittsburg (Pittsburg, CA)
(L) 35 - 28

9/23 1:00p
@ Archbishop Riordan (San Francisco, CA)
Game Details: City College (San Francisco)
(W) 45 - 0

9/29 7:00p
Bellarmine College Prep (San Jose, CA)
Game Details: San Jose City College
(W) 48 - 0

10/6 7:00p
Archbishop Mitty (San Jose, CA)
(W) 64 - 21

10/21 1:00p
Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory (San Francisco, CA)
(W) 51 - 21

10/28 2:00p
Valley Christian (San Jose, CA)
(W) 35 - 7

11/4 2:30p
@ St. Ignatius (San Francisco, CA)
(W) 47 - 14

11/10 7:00p
@ Saint Francis (Mountain View, CA)
(W) 31 - 21

11/18 1:00p Archbishop Mitty (San Jose, CA)
(W) 52 - 7

11/25 1:00p
Valley Christian (San Jose, CA)
(W) 31 - 14

12/2 7:00p
Saint Francis (Mountain View, CA)
12/8 7:30p
@ Tulare Union (Tulare, CA)
Game Details: @ Bob Mathias Stadium
12/15 4:00p
Cajon (San Bernardino, CA)
Game Details: @ Hornet Stadium - Sacramento St

Having an AARP card does not make me a "geezer." My argument would not be that Serra '68 could beat Serra 2017 straight up ...obviously the '68 team was too small due to the times the players lived in and the lack of serious weightlifting prevalent back then. My argument is the 68 Padre team was as dominant against top opponents of its time as the 2017 team, which played 50 years later. The '68 team lost just once, to a strong Vallejo team, by one point while playing without future pro Tom Scott. No WCAL team came closer than a few TDs of Serra in 68. And the Padres at season's end were ranked tied for No. 1 in NorCal with Alameda by the SF Chron. in that pre-Ladouceur era.

Reactions: jordan24
Sorry about the geezer reference. Advanced age, with or without an AARP card, should be no barrier to prep sports perspective. I well recall what many believe is the best high school football game ever played between two San Mateo schools: Serra vs. San Mateo in 1968. Both teams were littered with great players. Two legendary coaches (Jesse Freitas at Serra and Buz Williams at San Mateo) were running the show for their schools that night. At least 6,000 partisans crammed into the Burlingame High stadium for the much-anticipated Friday night affair. San Mateo outgained Serra but lost the game, 57-33, on key turnovers and huge special teams play by the Padres. Come to think about it, being a geezer is good. Long live geezers. They have some mileage behind them. They've seen a thing or two. Metamucil for everyone.

Reactions: jordan24
if Serra isn’t considered elite I don’t know which program In nor cal outside of DLS is elite. Outside of Bosco and Mater Dei they are probably one of so Cals most consistent programs. I don’t think we have a program up north that’s sends more kids d1. We shouldn’t judge other programs off Bosco and Mater Dei we don’t how long this will last. Keep in mind they just became “elite” a couple years ago

I still remember in 2010 when Folsom played Serra in the D2 title game. Everyone went off saying that Serra was elite and we had zero chance. They had all these "athletes" and we were a joke.

Final Score:
Folsom 48
Serra 21

This game was in their backyard.

Just some perspective when we ponder the terms "elite" and "athletes."

Yeah, I saw Serra vs San Mateo in 68 ... Padres' bus broke down and some players hitch-hiked to the game. Long game cuz of all the scoring. I need a nap now.

I still remember in 2010 when Folsom played Serra in the D2 title game. Everyone went off saying that Serra was elite and we had zero chance. They had all these "athletes" and we were a joke.

Final Score:
Folsom 48
Serra 21

This game was in their backyard.

Just some perspective when we ponder the terms "elite" and "athletes."

In a down poor....7 year dominance and has zero army all Americans and 1 national televised game that had nothing to do with Folsom. Your 0-3 records speaks volumes. So far you guys proved to being able to beat whatever team San Diego throws in the state games other than that folsom is just a really good sjs program that doesn’t belong in the national rankings especially when they intentionally dodge other “elite” teams scheduling chaminade made no sense for what type of team folsom had coming back. Running from Bosco said a lot about what Richardson really thinks of his program

In a down poor....7 year dominance and has zero army all Americans and 1 national televised game that had nothing to do with Folsom. Your 0-3 records speaks volumes. So far you guys proved to being able to beat whatever team San Diego throws in the state games other than that folsom is just a really good sjs program that doesn’t belong in the national rankings especially when they intentionally dodge other “elite” teams scheduling chaminade made no sense for what type of team folsom had coming back. Running from Bosco said a lot about what Richardson really thinks of his program
Wow. You seem jealous.

I will quote what DLS fans said to us which pertains to you- "no excuses."

Your going to need to save up that anger for Whitney this year. Stay focused. Eye on the prize.

Last edited:
It never ends. That would be jealousy and envy when it comes to successful high school athletic programs, whether public or private/parochial. If you win consistently over a significant period of time, the unhappiness will grow. Nothing changes. It's human nature. Folsom football? DLS football? They win. A lot. Good for them. Get over it.

Reactions: cashisking18
It never ends. That would be jealousy and envy when it comes to successful high school athletic programs, whether public or private/parochial. If you win consistently over a significant period of time, the unhappiness will grow. Nothing changes. It's human nature. Folsom football? DLS football? They win. A lot. Good for them. Get over it.
Good points. I think it brings us back to the old saying- "if people are hatin on you, you are doin somethin right!"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT