ADVERTISEMENT

SFL Update

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Impressive win by Oak Ridge 63-48 over Whitney last night. Oak Ridge controlled the game from the start and played really good defense making it hard for Whitney to get into the paint and kick/finish. Jacob Brown is going to open some eyes if he hasn't all ready. Best player on the floor and a kid who has size at 6"5 and skill to play at next level. Can shoot it , finish at rim, and has a nice midrange game. (the lost art) Whitney in there defense played poorly to start and never got into any real rhythm. Forced shots, unforced turnovers, and a lot of misses at the rim doomed them.
Right now it looks like Folsom has started to separate themselves from the "pack'. They are 3-0 have won all 3 by a 20+ margin. Rocklin/Oak Ridge are the next best followed by Whitney. After watching all teams play so far I think Rocklin is the 2nd best in terms of talent but OR isn't far off. That will be a great game next week.

Will anybody catch Folsom?

Huge game tonight. Rocklin at Oak Ridge. This will be for 2nd place in league. I had heard Rocklin's stud PG is out with a wrist injury. Anybody confirm? If so the door is open for OR to pick them off. Hard to replace a kid like that.

Rocklin wins 52-50 without their starting PG...it was an Oak Ridge style game in EDH...a physical knock down drag out battle...

Sounds like kid from Rocklin knocked down 2 big foul shots to win it. Clutch. OR has lost 2 league games now by a combined 3 pts. They are much improved over last year however, especially defensively.
If the pguard is out for Rocklin (sounds like he is) they become a good team vs a very good with him. How long is he out?

Timeline for the PG return hasn’t been established yet, i agree with you in part about a very good team vs. a good team without Kendall (PG)..this Senior class has won a lot of games through the years...they are gritty, experienced, and can win in a variety of ways (Oakridge game case in point)...don’t get me wrong I’d love for him and the starting Center to be back ASAP, but this group will find ways to win in the meantime...

Friday is Rocklin v. Whitney and Folsom v. Oak Ridge. Some big rivalries involved and always fun games to go to. Both games will be important in determining ultimate final standings in the conference.

Folsom seems to be really taking a step to separate themselves from the pack. I think they beat Oak Ridge by 10-15 from what I've seen. I thought they would have a loss or 2 in league. Not so sure about that anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT