ADVERTISEMENT

SHC Roster on Max Preps

I dont know what Daly looks like but my guess is he's #44 here
JVBB17-18.JPG

Also #3 of Freshman A team appears to be a manchild. Not sure why he is just on a frosh team
FroshABB.JPG
#32 of this picture moved up to Varsity. Nice, tough kid. #3 has skills as well, SHC has a nice athletic Freshman Class.

SHC will play on Thursday evening at 6pm versus McClymonds @ McClymonds and then on Friday versus San Jose High School @ 7pm @ SJHS

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I believe they didn’t make the final cut a few weeks ago. They did participate in tryouts from my understanding.

I guess maybe they (Daly) weren't fast enough yet for Mackeys' vision of the team this year.? I just thought maybe he wants a little more length but ok if the smaller quick fast approach works this year too Im all for it.

Did Evan Haynes happen to play for SH against Logan? He's definitely a wide body that can move some guys around at 6'3 245. For a freshman, I wouldnt expect too much as this team will be for sure Neal/Monroe - centric. I am not concerned with the lack of size as Mackay in his previous coaching stint had the same lack of size and had his players play faster and smarter than bigger teams.

If anyone actually went to the game and could give a quick game synopsis that would be great.

Evan played very few minutes. No reason to bring a freshmen up if you are not going to play them. Let him develop and get some minutes on a lower level and trust the process. Neal and Monroe played well as did Amin And CJ .
SHC is small and will get hurt by bigger teams on the glass. Offensively, Monroe is setting the table with relentless penetration that sets up open looks for the team and himself. Neal has continued to knock down the 3 ball and take charges. Amin brings a great motor with athleticism, blocking shots and running the floor.
The Irish will need Gary to knock down the open shot as he is getting great looks. I don't see much from the bench .
If the coaching staff can get the Irish to know their strengths and weaknesses they can compete playing their way. Against Logan too many times they had players trying to do things they can not do consistently. With that being said, they won their first game of the preseason and had 4 guys in double figures.
Time will tell which direction SHC will go. Also the Irish picked up some new Assistant Coaches which should help as well.

I was at the game as well and I totally agree with everything Irishman32 stated. I'm looking and hoping 6'7 Oscar, who'll be eligible in January, can be a great rim protector for this small/fast group. He may in fact need a season under his belt to really get it but if he fast tracks that would sure be a plus. Keeping these kids healthy will be key as well. When they play big teams it's going to be challenging. At least last year with Carter they were able to bang well inside. I hope the freshman can get the minutes needed to clog that middle.

If Daly transferring is true thats really too bad for the football team as I was led to believe he was the heir apparent to Will Irons. If thats the case this pass happy spread option offense that we ran this year is not going to look the same next year without a tall QB that with a strong arm.

Daly didn't tryout i heard he is transferring. Sinkovitz tried out but got cut

Why?...Where is he planning to go? Does anyone know...we need him as the next "project" QB next year..? Of course, if the "talk" is true here..If not, maybe they have have someone else waiting to try QB

Last edited:
Why?...Where is he planning to go? Does anyone know...we need him as the next "project" QB next year..? Of course, if the "talk" is true here..If not, maybe they have have someone else waiting to try QB
It's their business. May be financial, struggling in school (looking for a better fit academically). The family has a long lineage at the school; cant imagine its for athletic pursuits.

It's their business. May be financial, struggling in school (looking for a better fit academically). The family has a long lineage at the school; cant imagine its for athletic pursuits.

Yes..it is their business...but like you said, if he related to the Dalys with their lineage you wonder why..like I mentioned "Hope it isn't true"...unless for other reasons that you mentioned.

Maybe up north? Had uncle at Marin Catholic and another uncle at St Vincents in Petaluma.

Reactions: CityVibesII
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT