ADVERTISEMENT

SHC vs. SI on CHN

Riordan leading Serra comfortably at the 1/2. Serra lacking any offensive firepower and Riordan's Chung has buried at least 3-3's. I see a couple of Riordan players who seem to be making a difference, but no one from Serra who stands out, seem to be just taking what Riordan will give them [IMO]. Lets see what 2nd 1.2 brings..

CRAPPY stream from Comcast for the boys game at USF! It's been off-air for me about 10 minutes and very choppy when its works. 503 HTTP server error!

Trammel took over in the second and disrupted SHC offense, leading to transition buckets in the other end.
SI by 3at half

68-61 is the final. Ridiculous move by SHC coach calling a time out with 9.7 seconds after SI had decided not to take any more shots. SI pass was intercepted and SHC scored then called TO.

SI said screw that and Begovich slammed it home with 1 sec left.

Reactions: GOTF
Give Irish credit. They kept it in doubt a lot longer than I thought. Trammel just too much and zone killed Irish and no presence in paint. Monroe is solid player. The Comcast feed (Channel 104) was great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott2138
SH was playing with house money. I like my chances with Marty Cole on the mound for the last leg to bring the Bruce home.

Monroe is SHCs' Trammel but slightly bigger..SHC missing a big average wing man...get one of those tall SI guys to transfer..lol..and this SHC team would be different already.
But hey, small steps, they will be better next year, you can see the improvement all around and as long as the kids put out, and leave it all on the court is what makes the game anticipated every year. SHC just couldn't score during the third quarter and it started to doom them, if Hudson or Neal got hot there, I think this was anyone's game in the 4th.

Last edited:
Reactions: CityVibesII
Looking forward to Jelani Clark and the Crusaders visiting Ellis St Fri night. Clark is a 6-2 version of Trammel and Monroe and plays smothering D.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Give Irish credit. They kept it in doubt a lot longer than I thought. Trammel just too much and zone killed Irish and no presence in paint. Monroe is solid player.
Looking forward to Jelani Clark and the Crusaders visiting Ellis St Fri night. Clark is a 6-2 version of Trammel and Monroe and plays smothering D.

Clark is just different player and very good. He isn't lightening quick and a human spark plug.

For the USF mentor, it must have been bittersweet to see his own gym filled to the brim by two local high schools. The Dons attract home crowds like that about as often as LaVar Ball makes rational sense.
It's been that way for too long now. Even on the road when they played Pepperdine, the place looked deserted.

Kyle Smith was there. Talked to him briefly after the game. Sort half jokingly asked him if he was interested in Bryce and he emphatically said yes. USF plays Loyola down in LA on Thursday. Bryce was clearly the most "talented" player on the court last night, while Trammel was clearly the best player out there. Expect SHC to be heavily favored in baseball since they return almost their entire team from their 22-8 team last year. But as you know, anything can happen in a single game.

TurtleloveCa- good eyes and reporting on Kyle Smith keep close look-out on what he is doing in his own gym! Looks like you decided to not make trip down the coast and see your Jefferson Indians get ripped once again by HMB - 17 in row but who is counting- Jeff is just another PAL north nothing - BHS would run them right off the court if they played and I know what u think of BHS!

Last edited:
Reactions: GOTF
Amin Olgesby does an admirable job being the team's "big-man". I believe hes a solid offensive option if MacKay actual ran more than the one play they have for him which they ran vs. Mitty once and it was effective. I think if he was 6'7", this team's offensive and defensive philosophy would be a lot different.

Prior to the season some of the follks on here mentioned MacKay has possibly some big kids coming in next year. Lets hope thats true because there isnt a whole lot from what I saw on the JV team in terms of size.

That can’t be true! The Dons were playing Pepperdine in SoCal.
Dons left this morning. Did I hear on telecast that Beckman will be attending University of Chicago? What a GREAT academic institution and a nice fit for him. Potential student athletes should not disregard Division III athletics.

Kyle Smith was there. Talked to him briefly after the game. Sort half jokingly asked him if he was interested in Bryce and he emphatically said yes. USF plays Loyola down in LA on Thursday. Bryce was clearly the most "talented" player on the court last night, while Trammel was clearly the best player out there. Expect SHC to be heavily favored in baseball since they return almost their entire team from their 22-8 team last year. But as you know, anything can happen in a single game.
That's why I temper my enthusiasm. But the polish is ready.

Reactions: Rikfran
Amin Olgesby does an admirable job being the team's "big-man". I believe hes a solid offensive option if MacKay actual ran more than the one play they have for him which they ran vs. Mitty once and it was effective. I think if he was 6'7", this team's offensive and defensive philosophy would be a lot different.

Prior to the season some of the follks on here mentioned MacKay has possibly some big kids coming in next year. Lets hope thats true because there isnt a whole lot from what I saw on the JV team in terms of size.
JV's didn't win either. Both SHC frosh teams won by double-digits.

Reactions: Scott2138

Supposedly a big man coming in next freshman year...but just talk from the board....The Frosh As do look above average but no true big man yet. I didn't know why Haynes is not playing JVs if he was brought up to varsity on pre-season. I surmise most of the Jvs on the team will not be playing varsity next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT