ADVERTISEMENT

SHELDON downs Folsom for 2nd time

BOD for sure has the two best players on the floor. Elijah looked really good last night. Sheldon has some tough kids. They play hard. Will be a great game. I also have Odowd winning this game playing Sierra Canyon at Golden 1

Reactions: LoganHomer
I have this as a toss up. I Hardy and Gaskin are def top guys in the game, but Sheldon tremendus depth right now is producing at a high level. Xavion Brown is showing he is one of the top guards in Norcal. Dom Johnson is playing great. Tremedous matchups all over the floor. My fav player for Odowd is #10, he plays with tremendous passion and is very efficient. Is Hawkins in condition enough to run up and down the floor with the athletes of Sheldon? Get your popcorn ready!!!!! I also think the So-cal game is a hard one to call. Sierra Canyon on paper is clear favorite, but Etiwanda my friends is no push over. Coach Kleckner's defense smothers opponents. Don' be surprised if that game is on low 50's.

Sheldon depth is really helping them right now, its been a different "stud" every game it seems. From Dale-Dom-Kaito to Xavion...someone always steps up for them.

BOD has two best players yes, no question, but Sheldon has some very tough defenders!

Reactions: coachlittle
Have you seen Sheldon play?

I saw the whole Sheldon vs. MC game and I don't see anyone on that roster that I'm taking above Elijah or Naseem.

Just to clarify, I think this game is going to be close and they're only gonna pull away by 5-10 in the second half of the 4th quarter. I just don't think BOD is going to be denied by any team that is in their league in terms of talent.

I'm picking them to upset Sierra Canyon too but that prediction is probably more fro the heart then the brain but that's what sports are about. Like that one poster on this site loves to say:

UPSET CITY DOT COM

Reactions: nostancenochance
Sheldon depth is really helping them right now, its been a different "stud" every game it seems. From Dale-Dom-Kaito to Xavion...someone always steps up for them.

BOD has two best players yes, no question, but Sheldon has some very tough defenders!
Bishop O’Dowd has very good role players and strong defenders too. This will be a great game, but I’m sticking with my Dragons to pull out another hard fought victory!

Reactions: thekingera
I really liked what i saw on Tuesday night in Oakland out of ODOWD. Interesting because both teams don't have a lot of true size (odowd didn't play Hawkings much) but there 6"2-6"4 kids play above rim similar to sheldon. For what its worth I felt MC and ODOWD were both stronger than Folsom and Sheldon after seeing all teams play. I'm not so certain MC isn't the best team either but it doesn't matter because they went home. (they just couldn't make a shot and took some bad ones against Odowd)

I'm saying ODOWD in a close one. If I'm sheldon I try to find a way to get their 6"9 kid involved. Even if he's offensive skills aren't terrific catching the ball 4 feet from the hoop creates a lot of opportunities and ODOWD has no size.

I really liked what i saw on Tuesday night in Oakland out of ODOWD. Interesting because both teams don't have a lot of true size (odowd didn't play Hawkings much) but there 6"2-6"4 kids play above rim similar to sheldon. For what its worth I felt MC and ODOWD were both stronger than Folsom and Sheldon after seeing all teams play. I'm not so certain MC isn't the best team either but it doesn't matter because they went home. (they just couldn't make a shot and took some bad ones against Odowd)

I'm saying ODOWD in a close one. If I'm sheldon I try to find a way to get their 6"9 kid involved. Even if he's offensive skills aren't terrific catching the ball 4 feet from the hoop creates a lot of opportunities and ODOWD has no size.
Everyone has their right to opinion but Sheldon was leading MC with 13 seconds left and got hit with a 35 foot prayer. In the last possession for MC Ballard was blocked and Sheldon watched the ball go out. Then a five second call and they were given a time out. An illegal screen to get the ball in and then an offensive foul by satchel that wasn't called. Then Ballard by his own admission didn't realize the shot clock was winding down and the sideline fans screamed for him to shoot. It's 50/50 weather it got of in time depends on who you ask. So both terrific teams and my opinion is hoop gods weren't with SHELDON on this day.

Everyone has their right to opinion but Sheldon was leading MC with 13 seconds left and got hit with a 35 foot prayer. In the last possession for MC Ballard was blocked and Sheldon watched the ball go out. Then a five second call and they were given a time out. An illegal screen to get the ball in and then an offensive foul by satchel that wasn't called. Then Ballard by his own admission didn't realize the shot clock was winding down and the sideline fans screamed for him to shoot. It's 50/50 weather it got of in time depends on who you ask. So both terrific teams and my opinion is hoop gods weren't with SHELDON on this day.

I agree, Sheldon could have beaten MC, I also think MC could have beaten BOD. So I think BOD/Sheldon comes down to the 4th quarter. Luck plays a huge role at this stage, it all depends on circumstances and which players are hot. I still think that MC might have been the best overall team from the north but it's a small margin either way.

Both Naseem and Elijah were on that open championship BOD team with Paris Austin and Ivan Rabb, it'd be cool to see them win it all their freshman and senior years. That's a big reason I'm rooting for them

From what I watched i also think MC was the most talented but that doesn't always translate to wins. They lacked the chemistry that ODOWD has in that game. This should be a really great finals. Both teams play great D, share the ball well, and are very athletic. Sheldon is much deeper and can hurt you with more weapons so I think they are tougher to scout from that perspective but as the season goes on I also think you got to leverage your stars and shorten up your subs. From that angle you gotta ride Hardy. He has to come up big again like he did against MC. Its gonna be a heck of a finals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT