ADVERTISEMENT

Sheldon Returns to Sac!

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
I’m at Franklin in Elk Grove, here to see the Huskies take on Franklin in their first local encounter of the season...

Right now, it’s halftime of the JV game, where Sheldon’s JV’s strive to remain undefeated... Franklin’s JV has four losses... Game was very close until about 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter... Suddenly Sheldon’s full-court pressure had Franklin coughing up the ball with regularity. An 18-4 run ensued... now it’s 29-16 at the half.

JV went on to win by something like 59-24...

Varsity is out warming up, a guy in street clothes who I believe is Bagley... I’ll confirm when I hear lineups.

I was right... Bagley is in street clothes.

Sheldon is 10-2, Franklin 10-6... Guess who had the stronger schedule...

Franklin built a 7-0 lead before Sheldon could get anything going... but now Sheldon leads 12-10 after a steal and dunk... 2:11 left 1st q.

Wow... Franklin comes right back with a 7-point run to end the first quarter!

Highlight was a powerful rebound-dunk by Franklin’s M. Hargrove...

22-18 now... Tremendous hoops being played here... High-flying plays going both ways. 5:33 left in the half.

Xavion Brown just came within inches of the ceiling with the bounce from a missed dunk...

And it’s not like this place has a low ceiling or anything, either.

That missed dunk had Ray Guy hangtime!

After a three-quarter-court shot by Franklin just misses, score at half is Franklin 30, Sheldon 28.

Sheldon having some trouble cracking Franklin’s zone D....

Franklin lighting it of from deep early in the 3rd... 39-34 Franklin, 3:42 left in the 3rd.

The Delta League is a very good League this season. Not quite the WCAL, but still up there.

Not including Consumes Oaks, Franklin, or Plesant Grove...The Conference has a 45-8 record out of league!

Sheldon on a roll now... They tied it and 39... block a shot, runout for Xavion Brown.... And he knows what to do with it... 41-39 Sheldon, 1:17 left 3rd.

Unforced turnover by Franklin...Xavier Brown 3.... Franklin miss, fast break with Xavion finishing inside... 46-39 Sheldon... Franklin needs some big plays, and quick. 4th quarter starts...

Quarter starts with a louuuuuud alley-oop to Xavion! And he steals, is hacked... No bonus yet.

Sheldon gets a stop... Xavion breaks free, defense opens up like the Red Sea... WINDMILL!! 53-39.

Bus is warming up...

It’s the Xavion Brown show... He’s shown us a couple more high-quality spectacular dunks... 66-46, Sheldon VERY large and in-charge!

Great report! Love to hear your thoughts on the two teams you saw tonight vs all the other games you’ve seen this year

Enquiring minds want to know...

Reactions: coachlittle
It was a good game and Sheldon just had too much for Franklin in the second half. Franklin played zone the whole game and in the first half it worked but Sheldon hit like 9 3s in the second half and pulled away.. Sheldon will be hard to beat in norcals this year

Reactions: coachlittle
What Von said up there... Further, when Sheldon started hitting the 3's, Franklin began to extend that zone, gambling a bit... Nuh uh. Sheldon (especially Xavion) found the gaps left open, and it was alllllllll over. Also, live-ball turnover spelled Franklin's doom even further.

And this was all without Bagley.

It's only one game, but if that's an accurate sample of what Sheldon's got cookin' and they can bring it every night, nobody in NorCal can touch 'em.

Reactions: mrbig864
Sheldon this, sheldon that..... Dublin is the team to watch in norcal! Sheldon at full strength(always a question mark), best team in norcal by a bit. Not at full strength, give me Dublin please.

Easy donnie we know you support the gaels
Strongly but sheldon is your reigning norcal
Champs and they are the team to beat by a clear margin until anyone in norcal can beat them.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
You do have to beat the champ to call yourself the champ.

Who did Sheldon beat last year in Norcal finals?

Who did they beat the year before in Norcal finals?

Easy donnie we know you support the gaels
Strongly but sheldon is your reigning norcal
Champs and they are the team to beat by a clear margin until anyone in norcal can beat them.

Not to mention dublin and Sheldon faced
Off last year without Bagley playing and it wasn't pretty for the gaels it was Sheldon
By 25 plus. I do like the Dublin and believe they may very well be the best NCS team from what they have shown so far but sheldon
Is on another level a tier above Dublin or salesian.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT