ADVERTISEMENT

St. Francis V. Bellarmine

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
I’m still in Covid Jail…

So, I’m watching last night’s St. Francis v. Bellarmine game on NFHS.

It’s the Pixellot automated camera, but by far the best setup I’ve seen. Clear pic, and the camera hasn’t been fooled into going to the wrong end of the court even ONCE. Probably a factor is that the Lancers’ gym is near-empty save for the players, coaches, and refs…. and a number of other team personnel and a very tiny number of fans sitting on the side under the camera, hence out of its sight range.

Anyway…. The Bells opened with a quick 11-3 run and the Lancers called time out. And then the Lancers went on a 21-3 run of their own to get a 24-15 lead early in the 2nd quarter. The Bells had an answer (See what I did there?), and clawed their way back, eventually getting the lead briefly. Halftime score: 34-33 St. Francis.

The 3rd quarter was played in a style much more familiar to WCAL hoop fans, a defense-dominated physical slugfest, 13 points apiece. St. Francis now leads 47-46.

More punches, err baskets traded…. 51-51, but then the Lancers run off 5 straight to make it 56-51. 4:44 left.

Bells #13 drives and scores…. 56-53. Bells force a missed shot, get the rebound…. 4:02 left.

Bells #33 fouled on a inside try, 2 shots…. 3:55 left. Hits the first, misses the 2nd, 56-54, Lancers rebound.

Lancers shot no good, Bells rebound…. Stepback 3-ball for #0, Bells get the lead 57-56, 3:23 to go…

Lancers #5 comes right back and hits a 3…. 59-56 Lancers, 3 minutes left.

Lancers get a stop…. 2:43 left.

Foul, #10 Lancers at the line, 1 and 1…. Misses the front end but the Lancers #13 grabs the offensive board, time out…. 2:41 left.

Bells get a stop, set a screen for #13, who HITS the 3-ball! 60-59, 2:09 left…

Bells grab another miss, nice pass to #13, who nails ANOTHER 3! 63-59. 1:40 left.

Time out Lancers, 1:26 left.

Lancers #13 takes a 3 try…. BAM! IT’s a Battle of the 13’s! 63-62, Bells with the ball and the 1-point lead, 1:13 left…

Fullcourt press applied by the Lancers, and the Bells fumble it under their own basket, ball to the Lancers.

Baseline inbounds play works like a charm, bounce pass to #2 in the paint for an easy one…. Lancers lead 64-63, 1:04 left.

Bells driving try goes awry, knocked out to the Bells. 50 seconds left. Outside shot doesn’t go, but a HUGE offensive rebound by the Lancers’ #14, and he’s fouled. 28.8 seconds left…. and the Bells take a time out. Just another night in the WCAL…

First FT, nothin but net,,, 2nd one the same. 66-63 St. Francis, Bells ball. Driving try goes wild…. Lancers secure the board. #10 fouled, at the line for 1 and 1, first good, 2nd also. 68-63, drive home safely…

Terrific ball game!

Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT