ADVERTISEMENT

Sheldon VS Grant Great Defensive Game

Azanna

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2005
49 - 45 Sheldon Game came down to the last shot for Grant ref. called an offensive foul on Smoots Sheldon wins by 3. Smoots had 24 last night and 36 in the first meeting, he is the real deal. Grant is my pick for D2 Section title. Burbank is tough but falls apart every year at playoff's time, the coach is a great motivator but struggles with X's & O's.

To throw out there that a coach struggles with X's & O's in a post where you say the score was 49 - 45, team wins by 3. could one say we all have some struggles. LOL much love family

Reactions: bella123
Thought @Azanna meant bbank not grant, but they're probably more alike than different in most yrs; this yr's lead guy at grant controls tempo well and lead scorer (from film I see). Does he see box&1's?

Hard to get numbers but it looks like bbank only takes 1/2 as many 3s as the other top teams, and it can be hard to match 3s with 2s when closing a gap or pulling away. I like what both those coaches do with the kids that walk in those gyms though.

49 - 45 Sheldon Game came down to the last shot for Grant ref. called an offensive foul on Smoots Sheldon wins by 3. Smoots had 24 last night and 36 in the first meeting, he is the real deal. Grant is my pick for D2 Section title. Burbank is tough but falls apart every year at playoff's time, the coach is a great motivator but struggles with X's & O's.

Burbank loses to Sac High last night....I wouldn't count Whitney out of that conversation for D2 title consideration..they had a wake up call a few weeks ago against Roseville and have been playing much better since. They beat Antelope last night 72-62, Willis with 28.

To throw out there that a coach struggles with X's & O's in a post where you say the score was 49 - 45, team wins by 3. could one say we all have some struggles. LOL much love family
Yah and the 24 and 36 wasn't correct either. However that doesn't discredit how good of a player Smoots is. He hit 3 big 3's in a row in 4th qtr to give Grant a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT