ADVERTISEMENT

SI vs. Mitty

Lincoln240

Superstar
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2010
Both teams were pedicted to get to this stage of Norcals in preseason. Each team has taken their lumps throughout the season. SI’s lumps have come more recently. Even though Mitty is hitting their stride here, something tells me SI’s, trio of senior guards, aren’t going to go down easily and Wilco,e out on top. I just feel it’s there time to shine and show why they have been 3 year varsity players.
Going out on a limb and saying SI wins 74-69 and gets rematch with Las Lomas after Las Lomas takes down Dublin
Any takers, I know Upset City .com is on my side. Lol

Out of all that Mitty has gone through this entire Season, I have them as my Cinderella Team to win it all, at least NorCal Section. They are my 1985 Villanova Team of the CIF 2018 Championships.

Wow that’s really too bad this SI team of the last two years couldn’t capture any hardware. They had probably the best composition of talent on their roster since I can remember but ran into a streaking hot/desperate Mitty team. The cupboard is not bare at all though with Cason, Robinson, Begovich and Snyder coming back next year. They will definitely be tough to handle with those big bodies inside.

Wow that’s really too bad this SI team of the last two years couldn’t capture any hardware. They had probably the best composition of talent on their roster since I can remember but ran into a streaking hot/desperate Mitty team. The cupboard is not bare at all though with Cason, Robinson, Begovich and Snyder coming back next year. They will definitely be tough to handle with those big bodies inside.
No doubt, the 'Cats return big bodies, but it was their senior guard trio of Trammel, Beckman and Redmond that was the core to their success.

No doubt, the 'Cats return big bodies, but it was their senior guard trio of Trammel, Beckman and Redmond that was the core to their success.
I mean absolutely no disrespect at all but people have touted this senior trio for 2-3 years that never, in my opinion, got the job done, especially at the NorCal level. I do agree that it will be really interesting to see how SI adjusts particularly without an all-around Point Guard in Darrion Trammell. SI has been blessed with hi-level Point Guards in successive years in Trevor Dunbar and Trammell. Who is up next to run to team at PG now? SI did fairly well but sure, they could have done better.

Synder is a senior, he is gone. Cason, Robinson and Begovich will be a nice trio for them next year.

Isn't Snyder a senior? I think they have him listed incorrectly as a Junior on their roster and even the WCAL Honorable Mention list had him incorrectly listed. Pretty sure that I saw him recognized with family at SI Senior Night.

Snyder is a senior - they have him listed incorrectly as a Junior on their roster and even the WCAL Honorable Mention list had him incorrectly listed. Pretty sure that I saw him recognized with family at SI Senior Night.
I like that guy. Snyder is a Man-Child. Makes sense to me and it explains a lot now. Thanks for clarifying lol I always thought he was a tad bit older than what he was listed. Good player and a pleasure to watch him over these 3 years.

Synder is a senior, he is gone. Cason, Robinson and Begovich will be a nice trio for them next year.

I went by the school site's roster. Says junior but I guess I was wrong. Yes, that trio is going to be a solid buidling block for next season. Finding a floor leader like they had with Trammell and Dunbar before will be key in their success next year.

With the Bellarmine core graduating and no Logan Johnson, it appears to be wide open next year. Sapp from Mitty and Monroe from SH appear to be mirror images of each other on the court. Mitchell should be much improved going into soph year. Riordan looks like they will have a very tall defensive-minded roster next year. SI gets Cason back and Robinson looks ready to take over. Can never count out Serra. SH we'll wait and see who else is coming to play with Monroe and Neal. Exciting times in the WCAL!

S.I. banked on the trio of Beckman, Trammel and Redmond and influx from their AAU team to build a group that can compete at State level for last two years. Their loss to Mission really thwarted their momentum and losing the wide kid at beginning of summer really dampened their capability. They will be hard-pressed to stay competitive in league. I'm really not sure what rest of league will look at. But losing their big three will be hard to replace. I wonder what their Fr. Sauer pre-high school program will bring in the next set of athletic Cats.

Reactions: Lincoln240
They didn't under achieve the last two years. Two solid seasons. But it was a missed opportunity for the Willdcats. AND when the Wildcats lost to Mission last year. They lost to the better team. It wasnt a fluke. .

If you ask their coach, Rob Marcaletti, he would say they underachieved.
Also, the trio of guards seemed to peak a year ago, while other guards in league and around the Bay Area got better. Not hating, they just aren’t at D1-D2 level. When you get to this time of year in playoffs, you need guys that will take over games. Trammel did at times, but wasn’t able to consistently do it.
In my opinion you can’t start 3 guards around 6’ and think your going to go far in the playoffs. So much harder to get your shot off and also get to the rim against bigger opponents.

Reactions: m4success
They didn't under achieve the last two years. Two solid seasons. But it was a missed opportunity for the Willdcats. AND when the Wildcats lost to Mission last year. They lost to the better team. It wasnt a fluke. .

I think this is the right assessment. They had a good run with this class that missed their best opportunity last year with Mission outplaying them. This happens always to a team every year but its nothing to be ashamed of. In the end, these kids played their hearts out, just came up short both seasons.

Reactions: jordan24
Why did Cason miss the season? He was at every game and looked healthy. Obviously, something was wrong with him. When he did play the year before it looked like he had some potential.

Reactions: nostancenochance
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT