ADVERTISEMENT

SI vs SMS Predictions

I agree with prep fan. As an outsider to your specific accusations I really don't know what is true and what is not. I am equally not certain of your exact point most of the time because of your inability to articulate complete thoughts in a sentence form. The more I read the better I am able to understand your thoughts through deductive logic.

I will say the issues you bring up are absurd. I don't really get the point. But again maybe that is the point. Sometimes we say or write things the we "know" only to throw people of the trail, like your identity. Maybe some of us already know on behalf of whom for you are writing. yes, Clat the last sentence was a joke but BD, aka ghost writer made me do it.

why is Nor Cal Fan and Norcalprep say the same things and write the same. I think when he logged on he so frustrated he sign in on the wrong name. Again u can clean up things that people agree about the facts that I talk about !!!!!!! You will never when you just afraid I might tell more because I know more but not going to say!!!!!!!!!!!! CIF would love the other part that I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I wont entertain You know more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU can Just talk between the 2 of you that are the same person!!!!!!!!!! your see no one response to you because you are irrelevant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to ask you this last question what favor is the a$$ you are kissing and for what some thing not going your away now?????????????????

Ballersdream- Why do you respond to Norcal fan when it is I who wanted to meet you face to face not him. Your statement to NorCal was " and to be honest you don't want to see me at all.". That should have been directed at me.

You in a lot of your posts claim to be speaking truth that people do not want to hear. I would like to be face to face so you can tell me the things that you claim to be the truth. When we are agents of truth we have nothing to fear. I wanted to handle this in private, but it seems that is not to be, according to your statement that you do not want to reveal yourself. You see my moniker is Willtalk not Willwrite. The questions I have for you will require a lot of writing which I would have preferred not doing. As I stated many times I read and remember individual posts. You have made a lot of statements and ascertains that have the solidity of a sieve along with containing a multitude of contradictions.

In a lot of your posts you claim to be an agent of truth. Opinions about basketball or any other subject are subjective, so it is every individuals right to have an opinion. When someone claims to speak truth that puts them to a higher level of accountability. It no longer has the protection accorded to freedom of opinion. You claim authority that is not yours. It is this subversion of a prime principle that compels me to enter this equation. Ultimately that's what it's all about isn't it. Taking authority that is not rightfully yours and when the direct approach fails then the tactic becomes clandestine and subversive.

This post was edited on 1/2 3:17 PM by Willtalk

BD, you are tough to keep up with, but we should probably set the record straight on one of your fabrications regarding CalStars. For transparency I will acknowledge that I am a parent of a player on the Premier team, not the Elite team. Although I do not have first hand knowledge, i suggested that your favorite player may have been offered a spot on the premier team because that team lost several key players due to injury/illness. That statement was not retracted in any way. Again, her being granted a spot on that team should only be viewed as serendipity. It benefited all parties.

BD you gotta pick it up.. Your game has more holes in it than my socks.

I have been following this thread for awhile now...biting my tongue. Let me clear something up about McDonald. My name is Shireen Zahniser. My daughter and Aarion both play for BC. I am extremely close wit her family, with that said.....in regards to CalStars, Aarion was given a choice. She could play with her age group and get a lot of minutes, or she could play with the top team and come in off the bench. After a discussion with her parents, they chose for her to get the most exposure by playing more minutes....MYSTERY SOLVED...BTW, nobody felt disrespected by the CalStars program and Aarion and her family were thankful for the opportunity.

Shireen

I think you are missing the whole point szahiser !!!! Say you are a coach and looking for a top player like McDonald. You tell me you would not star in front of the Salesian guard that she score 45 points on. The disrespected part is asking her to play on a low team that not going to do her any good. Everyone including Steve Wonder can see she is one of the few players that don't come along very often. So say your daughter was going to play for Cal Stars her JR year and she was better then the girl on the top team in her position. I know you would have said hell no not my daughter. By not give McDonald a chance at the top team spot was insane!!!!!!!! If her wasn't good enough to be on the top team I would say the same time but she is one of the best players in Norcal if not state. So you tell me the parent where alright with that I don't think so!!!!!!!!!! If they was some had to be in their ear to make that decision for her daughter know she was the best point on the top team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ballersdreams is far from the first Internet poster to jump to unwarranted conclusions without full knowledge of the situation, and perhaps he has learned a little from the various conversations here.

I notice he did not reply to my post about the McDonald's All-American game and USA Basketball, because, as in this case, his knowledge was limited.

That said, ballersdreams does have things to offer, so some gentle advice:

1) Rather than make declarations, start posts with something like "It seems to me" or "From what I know" or "Looking at it from the outside."

2) If you're wrong, say so. You should apologize to Bernard and the CalStars, certainly, for your lack of complete information. (I didn't know about the five-game rule, and that certainly puts a different light on it.)

3) Learn from experience. Often you have very good points to make, but your clear pro-Brookside and anti-SMS bias (which is fine) muddies the waters. If you stick closer to facts and logic, and steer away from emotion, people will respect you more, and listen more -- and learn from you. When you go off on tangents, generally aimed at SMS, especially when they are not fully fact-checked, you just make it hard for people to take it seriously.

I appreciate your presence on the board, because you care about the game and the players, and you have insights worth paying attention to, but too often you shoot yourself in the foot by reacting emotionally and jumping to conclusions.

Clay

To let you know I know a lot about the EYBL. EYBL states that you can pick up any player at any time as long as The player didn't for any EYBL. The is no such thing you have to play in 5 EYBL tournaments just always long as the player hasn't played for another EYBL team. I have this question for CAL STAR Coach does EYBL have boundaries that you that was Cross coming to Stockton for players. I taught that was the Sparks territory if but no body follows the rule I see including most other EYBL. And the last question do teams have to pay for sponsorship or was give to you for NIKE for being one of the best???????????? I know the answer but I want to know if you are going to tell the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told you I know a lot about the AAU and how it works. IN THE EYBL THERE ARE TEAMS THAT PAY AND THEIR ARE TEAMS THAT ARE SPONSOR!!!!!!!! DO U WANT TO TELL HOW THAT WORKS AND HOW MUCH TEAMS HAVE TO PAY FOR THE SPONSORSHIP???????????????????? I KNOW THAT ANSWER WILL YOU TELL THE TRUTH IS THE QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THE ONE OTHER THING COACH I KNOW THE LOW LEVEL WON MORE GAME AT NIKE NATIONALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEAVE THIS SUBJECT ALONE IF YOU DONT WANT ME TO TELL ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get the point ...

Some teams are sponsored, some aren't. What difference does that make? You make it sound like it's some kind of sin to be sponsored ...

I don't know the exact numbers that Nike gives out. I don't have access to their books or procedures, but presumably you do. What I do know is this: Some teams get apparel deals (a discount), some get free apparel, and some get some kind of financial benefit, though I don't know whether it's free entry fees, cash or maybe hotel rooms.

My understanding is that the Nike-sponsored teams are not supposed to take players from other Nike-sponsored teams, but I could be wrong about that too, as Team Taurasi raids NorCal each year. And in any event, what's wrong with it? Shouldn't families be able to make decisions about what's best for their child? Or are you saying that players have to stay within a certain geographic area no matter what the quality of the AAU programs? (Not an issue in NorCal, but what if you live in eastern Montana -- do you have to play for the local club no matter how weak it is?)

I think Bernard's point wasn't that a team couldn't pick up a player, but rather that she had to play in five EYBL games to be eligible for Nike Nationals. That would mean Aarion McDonald wouldn't have been able to play at all in Nike Nationals, not the 15U either, if she had been with the Elite team.

The difference by being sponsored is more free things and more help you get that's for the top EYBL teams. Then they are the ones that have to pay help the top teams like Team Taurasi. I asked did they pay or was they sponsored. I know which on they are and I know the cost for NIKE name. The reason why I talk about the rule of boundaries because he brought up a rule that's doesn't exist (5 game rule) all the care is about did u play for another EYBL team. I know the rules and yes parents should have the right to send their kids where every where they want. Like you said Clay Norcal players always going to Team Taurasi but have u ever answer the question why??? Let me tell you the difference between them and most other AAU teams. They have individual training work on thing players need at the next level and just what the need to know about a one type of offence. I gave an opinion and some facts and I see the hard truth does hurt '

And my name is Joe Doe that you will never Know lololololololol
I have a lot of insight and not going to reveal My resource like a write shouldn't have!
like you said a ghost writer that know a lot about the basketball world.
Don't start something that u want me to dig up information for you!!!!!!!!!!

Thank can we move on like I have but People always want say something back when it hits hard in the heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, I will say I don't agree with a lot of what ballersdreams has to say, nor his approach. But I will agree with ONE thing he said in his last post and that is in regards to Team Taurasi. As Sierra did play with them last AAU, majority of the time injured with a bad sprained ankle, but the training camps (workouts) she did participate in, and sit in on were a step above a lot of what I have seen. George is one heck of a trainer, really knows the game, and the best thing about him training your kid is he can and will do everything he teaches. Conditioning was another strong point of his. Back to the topic of AAU teams not teaching fundamentals or developing players, definitely can't say that about Team Taurasi!

CalStars is a sponsored team, of course, but I don't know what that entails. I know there's a lot of free gear involved, but I don't know if there's any direct financial support. I don't think any other NorCal team is sponsored (there are 23 or something around the nation).

So if a girl and her family are enticed by free clothes that's great, but it would seem to me that the decision should be based on something more than that. Many of the top teams let the elite players play for free, sponsored or not, and some even pay the parents' travel, again sponsored or not. I don't think anyone knows for sure what exactly happens in each club.

So Bernard says you have to play in five games in the EYBL to be eligible for Nike Nationals; the anonymous ballersdreams says that rule doesn't exist. Since Bernand Butler coached in EYBL, and he puts his name on posts, I have to give him a lot more credence -- and also since ballersdream was wrong about several details of Aarion McDonald's experience, at least according to the posts we see.

Clay your are wrong they pay for the Nike Name and to let your know that cost $50,000 for it. Team Taurasi Is the only team in CA is truly sponsor by Nike. Nike only sponsor top team in the EYBL. Now lets talk about the rule again so they are saying that a player who is a potential All-America or USA player will not be allowed tom play in Nike Tournament at the end of the year ????? Why just because they couldn't play 5 games?????? So your are saying the player is sick or hurt in earlier tournaments but is health at the end of the season couldn't play????????? YOU know that BS!!!!!!! I think the bottom line to all this Nike and any major tournament director would love to have a high level player for all the college coaches to watch and pay for the coaches packets. College coaches will lose interest if Nike told a MAJOR Talented player they cant play for any reason beside playing for 2 Nike teams. If Clay you think I'm wrong call Nike Elite and stop covering for Cal Stars when they are they are wrong!!!!!! They should have been a choice for McDonald that will become All-America Next year and Maybe even USA team!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to know why the break up of Cal Stars from the Martinez facility which was the money man???????????????

Clay please give a true opinion not and true friend opinion that's what writes like you suppose to do right!!!!!!!!!!! I know its hard sometimes when you are trying to help a friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I said before I know a lot and a lot of people in the basketball world like you do!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so I reached out to some Nike folks.

Note that Katie Lou Samuelson and many of the other top players did not play at Nike Nationals, even though their USA Basketball obligations were over -- because there is indeed a rule that you have to play five games in EYBL competition to be eligible for Nike Nationals.

It's a fact, a rule, and agreed on by the directors of the clubs that participate in EYBL.

Nike does not need any particular player to be there, as the coaches will come anyway. Nike would much rather have those players in its EYBL events than in Nike Nationals, which will get everyone anyway. And again, it's a rule made by club directors.

I was unclear: Who pays $50,000? Are you saying each club pays $50,000 to get its Nike affiliation? Now, each club's contract is different, but a Nike-sponsored team is just that, a team sponsored by Nike, not one that pays for its affiliation.

Team Taurasi is not the only Nike-sponsored team in California. That's simply wrong.

In terms of territory, there's an NCAA rule that limits summer teams to three players from adjoining states. Since there are no EYBL teams in Oregon and Nevada, that means California clubs can draw from those states.

Then why did McDonald played in the Nike National at lower level and here are the rules athletesfirst.com/EYBL-Rules. Tell where this say a player has to play 5 games. Like Call Stars said they had some players hurt. in the rule book says a team can replace 3 player from that roster!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is the 5 game rule I can see it????????????? I know about the out of sate rule. About that $50,000 not everyone has to pay for the logo. Yes there are small fees everyone knows that nothing for free. The rules are facts not what someone wants to make up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you again for showing your loyalty is again

The EYBL rules apply only to Nike Nationals, not the 15U teams.

So McDonald could not play in the Nike Nationals, which is a separate competition from the 15U tournament.

And you know, it's not about loyalty, it's about facts ...

You have yet to respond to me about why USA Basketball is more representative than McDonald's in terms of top players, and you have never once, that I recall, admitted that you have been wrong, even though you have been proven so several times.

You have also been right many times, but at some point, it might make sense to concede that like all humans, you do make mistakes and sometimes jump to unwarranted conclusions.

I know I make mistakes but not often. They made the choice not to let her play on the top team that they admitted to it early when they said she had a choice. Clay if you had a team would u give her the choice or would she be playing on the top team. There is no 5 game rule because they wont have gave her choice. They would have told her that she has to play on the 15u team. They were just try to cover they but and does work by double talking. Any team in CA she would have started after they seen her practice and after her first game for them. Most conclusion come from source because I know a lot people in the basketball world.

There is a five-game rule for the Nike Nationals. There is not for 15U.

That doesn't seem that complicated ...

I haven't talked to Aarion McDonald or her family, and I assume you have, so I guess they're upset. That's unfortunate, but unlike a lot of elite players who couldn't play because of the five-game EYBL rule that qualifies players for Nike Nationals, Aarion did get to play and was visible to all those college coaches, if that mattered.

But if she was that unhappy, why did she go to Atlanta?

Seems like a tempest in a teapot to me, but if you've switched targets to CalStars from SMS, it's understandable.

And finally, what is your response to my comments about McDonald's vs. USA Basketball?

I could have sworn someone close McDonald's family came on here and clearly stated that she was just fine playing with the U15 team... Complain and start a mess if she isn't on the top team this coming summer.... She's already verballed to UW, so what difference does it make?

Programs do not have to pay Nike $50,000 to be sponsored. Why would anyone do that?

I've never seen a Nike contract, but the received wisdom is plenty of free apparel, great deals on other apparel, and some kind of support (cash, hotel rooms, entry fees, whatever) above and beyond that. My guess would be that the deal is different with each club.

Clay I thing McDonald will be on the USA teams this Summer I here from all the coaches that she has a motor that don't stop and when trying to shut her down she stills score 23 points. She is the type of player that thinks, live, sleeps and plays basketball. And why did she go to Atlantic who wont go if it is free would you not go!!!!!!!!

Nor Cal Scout yes this is Annual let me explain. $50,000 is require to purchase in gear, uniforms, shoes, travel bags and sweat suits this is not a problem when require your hundred younger kids to purchase all their gear, The think I don't agree on EYBL none sponsor teams is Nike parents have to pay a lot of money to travel and hotels to see the same teams where ever the go. When sponsor it ok because parents don't have to stress over cost!!!!!!!!!

NinoBrown to be honest I don't thing McDonald was happy being on a low team. If fact I know and a lot of others know. She was better then some or a lot of the ones on the top team. NinoBrown would you be happy if some told some thing and do another that's what I got out of it for my sources. Is she on the top team now or that bird flew the coop already??????????

Clay I'm not talking about SMS because things are good right now for everybody. What is there to talk about? I said there are the top team in Norcal they all are doing well right now? What it sounds like is you trying to bring thinks back up so I will leave Cal Stars alone?? But I have try to leave Cal Stars alone but they want for me to stop give my opinion and facts on certain things!!!!!!!!!! Leave it alone and it will go away like SMS did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whether you play in the Elite or the flight team does it really matter? Why is this an issue?

Ballersdream, your shallowness regarding this matter is killing me, is it really all about STATUS matters to you? Would you think its fair for everyone that she will just come in and kick someone on the team who's been with the Elite line up since the start of Cal Stars tryout last April because you think she's that good? I think values and fairness doesn't run in your blood.
It is non sense to make an argument with you, because no matter how much explanation from a Cal Stars coach or from Clay because you will insist what you think is fair for YOU ONLY, in the first place you have no idea what's really going on, you will just come in and jump into a conclusion.
Aarion McDonald is great talent I love her game but she's not Diana Taurasi, or a 6'1" who had a ballhandling and skills/speed of a point guard, while you being delusional treated her like once in a lifetime rare talent, she's not Sue Bird. SO PLEASE STOP
We all be happy for her to succeed and if she's already committed to Washington I wonder why being not elite team is an issue for you, she already commit, after high school season it doesn't matter where she wants to play.
You play Cal Stars Elite or Cal Stars Flight to me it doesn't matter, they all kick each others ass in practice, one player got exposure that she needs and watch by different college coaches, signed last November with full ride for 4 years. Exposure is important and if a player is good enough, they will get offers doesn't matter whether your in team A or team B.

gbspread22 you aren't getting my point at all. When a Club team ask a real good player to come to their team there shouldn't have been a choice at all. Yes she is sign but she is a real ball player that want to put her mark on the school girls in high by making USA and All McDonalds American. She know she is going to UW but wants to compete still because sign doesn't mean she wants to take the rest of the summer off. And do you think the UW coach want she to stop getting better??????? You will be crazy to think that way???????????????

I'm not against Cal Star just against theories and concepts of different players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ballersdream most of the players in ELITE and FLIGHT got invited to come for try outs and its the coaching staff best decision to put a team to be competitive, a good combination of talent and chemistry.

There some player from Flight team could be better than some players in the elite in terms of skills or athletic ability, position she plays fit for flight team because the elite team is loaded on that position
It is best interest for that player to be in Flight team in terms of exposure and playing time. And what happen to this player I am talking about got a full ride and already sign at D1 school when some of the elite players I still waiting to get offers until now. and I hope they will

I have spoken to most college coaches, they don't care what team you play, if your good enough and good for their system they will get you.

I exactly get your point, its all about STATUS because you want Mcdonald to be in the Elite team for her to get a chance or put her mark get exposed and invited and play for USA team or Mcdonalds all American. If shes good enough she will get invited regardless where she plays, so don't WORRY.

I have no problem for her to play on the elite team BUT On my opinion I would rather have Sabrina as my starting guard and Eva Westbrook at the 2 guard, they are both 6 footers with a skills and speed to play the position, by that height/speed/skills it is already a match up problem for most opponent. So she'll come off the bench, her playing time could be limited, so if you have a limited playing time and not staring, you would think she'll get invited? I doubt it

These two players will eat A. Mcdonald playing time if she get to join with Elite but it all depends with their head coach which I think have the same strategy like I do. I am not part of their coaching staff to be honest with you.

Its not about how good you are, even if you score 50 points in high school, when you go to AAU team like Cal stars you have to know the system they are running and it takes time to adjust to play with them who already had their chemistry going

Sabrina Ionesku who's Kelly's been coaching since 4th or 5th grade?, she knows all the plays Kelly throwing on her. So why would Kelly put A. Mcdonald as a starter at point guard. Sabrina is really good, have you seen her play? And they are in the same class of 2016, right?

Its not just the collection of talent, any coach will put players on the court who will give them the best chance to succeed, unless your A. Mcdonald is 6'5 who has the speed and skills of point guard. So stop being delusional

Aarion nor her parents were ever upset with her playing for the U15 CalStars team...please do not be misled to think that. They chose for her to play on that team so that she would get more playing time. Could Aarion have worked her way into the starting line up on the top team...absolutely. Could it have caused a little anomosity for parents/players that have earned their way up through the CalStars program..probably. With all that said, can this subject be put to rest. Aarion lives with me. Nobody on here needs to guess how her or her parents feel about her playing for U15 team...THEY WERE PERFECTLY FINE WITH IT. As far as her going to Atlanta because it was free...that is not why she went. That is about the most ignorant remark ever BD. She went to get exposure outside of the West Coast, she went to play against the best teams...can we.move on from this topic now and stop assuming what aarion or her parents may have felt...there should be zero opinions about what they thought, cuz I just told you.
Shireen

I think some people have specially interest because say they had a choice that's mean she could have played on the either team. So lets see how happy the parents are by seeing if she plays for Cal Stars This summer.That will tell it all and put this to rest. The other person talk about one player is better the then the other we might see it in the open MM vs Brookside Christian lets see if they guard each other and then we will be done with all this talk.

If a players was happy they would want to return to the same team????????? With all this said we will see was tell the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACTIONS DONT LIE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND IF SHE HAD A CHOICE WHERE DOES THE 5 GAMES THAT SHE DIDNT PLAY WORKOUT TO PLAY IN THE NATIONALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT