SI vs SMS Predictions

jazzpt55

Hall of Famer
Sep 29, 2008
Number 2 and 4 in the state...
neutral site
Can SI handle that SMS ball pressure?

This post was edited on 12/30 7:36 AM by jazzpt55

think SMS will win. It would had been interesting to see Chaminade play SMS. Chaminade used Odom and Higgins to bring the ball up court and also they press them from when SI in bounded the ball. Curious if they would do this with SMS too. They can with a slow team like SI but can't see them doing this with SMS. Hard to see Chaminade as a #2 team in the state. Just a 2 girl team.

One obvious disadvantage for SMS is starting 2 , 13 year olds, but they have been battle tested so mayb it won't b a factor. If I'm SMS I would b concerned with if it's the same referees . SI got bailed out on ticky tack fouls. SMS will have to just adjust. But , nothing could b worst than Hawaii . Playing a real good Hawaiian team in the title game and battling thru some tough calls.

Everyone gets bad referees at times just have to adjust and not argue with them. But that's like pot kettle back when Playing at SMS. Just if play at SMS teams have to be winning in there gym by 15 to 20 if not they will get all the call in a come back. Just like McNair last year was close they them calls went one way. Then the game at McNair was a problem but I heard it was real that big of a problem it was the referees wasn't the right ones. Never blame it on the Referees just find away to play your game within the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PD and BD - you two should play one on one. This war as gone past comical to insane. PD sounds like a coach for SMS but is claiming not to be but is close enough to the information to leak what SMS wants leaked. BD, by all accounts is Que but Que is claiming he is not BD but BD has not denied those same allegations. What we do know is PD is getting info from SMS camp and BD is getting info from Que's camp, which is now stationed at McClatchey. The only thing we know for sure is that both camps are EXTREMLEY biased and do agree on the fact that if you are not in their camp you suck, coaches suck, fans suck and so on. PD also thinks that no basketball needs to exist outside of SMS but BD is trying to let us know the he or Que is the mad scientist behind all of what PD/SMS has to brag about.

Perhaps an apology by both, a thank you, a you're welcome would be in order for one or both parties. If SI wins tonight BD is going to kill this message board, even if he has to use a step stool to get up to the keyboard.

Can someone please confirm the time for tonight's SMS vs SI championship game? Also, where would I find the gym at Las Positas College? Directions please coming west on 580 from Stockton/Tracy. I have never been there. Or is this game being livestreamed in case I can't make it? Thanks!

Game time is 6:30. Take the Isabel exit, make a right, go straight through the light, go straight until you can't go anymore, then make a right once you enter the campus, gym parking lot will be to the left.

Directions were perfect! Thanks! The bulldog has landed. GO SMS RAMS!!!

SMS started off really slow and looking really flat (no energy) with their press down 14-7 in the 1st quarter. Lady Rams picking up the pace more so in the 2nd quarter but still not the energy I am use to seeing. Appears to be more caution, but SMS still looking sleepy at times as SI able to break the press for the most part. Still SMS press doing its job time to time to get them back in the game. All tied at 27 at halftime.

Kat Tudor not yet really an impact "yet". She has yet to launch a 3 attempt but has been to the line. SMS still struggling at the FT line as SI has been getting called for many fouls. SMS just not capitalizing at the line "again", maybe hitting just 50%. SI does indeed have a size advantage getting many put backs on the O-board. Good passing by SI. Need to see more aggressiveness and energy from the Lady Rams if they are going to pull off the win. Anticipate SI will get into foul trouble the pace they are setting. IMHO, game has been pretty boring ... more SI's pace.

SMS looking better, more aggressive, in the 3rd quarter. SMS up 38-32 with 4:20 left in the 3rd. Spoke to soon. SI for wide open layup. SMS answer with Kat fouled, shot good, 3pt conversion complet. Lady Rams now making FT's. Press gives Kat her first 3pt attempt. No good but follow up 2 pointer is good and Rams are picking it up. Now 46-36 SMS with 2:33 left in the 3rd.

Kat misses her 2nd attempt behind the arc as the buzzer sounds to end the 3rd. Score after 3, SMS 49 SI 37. SMS gets the ball to start the 4th. Score SMS. 51-37. SI scores on a SMS turnover. Kat misses a 3 from top of the key and SI scores again. SMS scores next possession and SI turns ball over on bad pass from SMS press. 5:39 left in the game with SMS up 54-42. SI player down as SMS gets their own rebound. Official timeout. SMS ball.

SI hits a 3 to get them back behind in single digits. SI breaks the press and it's now 54-47 with just over 3 min left.

Kat 0 for 4 now from behind the arc. SI pushes the ball and it's 55-49. SMS with the ball and milking the clock looking for the layups. SMS making still 50% @ the FT line. 56-49 with under a minute to play. Cayton is indeed heart of this team. Now 58-49 with 22.3 secs left.

58-51 with 16.1 left. SI calls timeout, fouls, and Cayton at the line shooting 2 with 14.6 left. 1st one good. 2nd one good. Decosta blocks perimeter shot to end the game.

Final score 60-51.

Wondering if Kat is under the weather. Just not her night tonight. But SMS comes thru playing Lady Ram basketball the last 3 quarters to win this game/tournament. SI is a very fundamental team with lots of size but not the same speed. Good effort by SI.

You're welcome.

Decosta with 14 pts and 17 rebounds tonight.
Tourney MVP Cayton with 16 pts 4 assists tonight.

Great job SMS I called the game like I seen it all ready off by 1 point do to charity time. SMS always made a big run in the 3rd quarter I call that out too. Great job DeCosta cleaning up the boards because SI was tall but can jump like her. Great job Cayton 2nd MVP in 2 top tournaments in a row. Like I said before great player always emerge to the top in big games where it counts the most. Cayton looking like she trying to in her bide for next year McDonalds' All American good luck but I don't think she is going to need it. Again great job SMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ballar
That's being very modest ? In considering the way you feel about SM
But you had to give yourself credit as well !!!!! What else to expect from you
But you called it !!!!!!

luvthegame21

I'm always give credit when credits is due. Clayton is not behind the screens no more like she was before and player with handcuffs are get to play their game now too. So I have nothing to say about that any more. Some people become humble when they don't see was real going on. Let the team play and they will respond a lot better. Like I said before I love the game and love to see the game played like it supposed to be played. That is happening now at SMS but some people are mad and some are happy. Like I said before let the stars emerge because you can force to make a star it will never happen.

Decosta played an enormous part in the SMS win last night and was very impressive. She completely dominated the paint despite SI having so much size inside. She was quicker and wanted the ball more than the SI girls. Cayton played great and as mentioned earlier Kat had a rare off game, but Decosta kept them in it when they were down early and just went after and got every key rebound. May see these 2 teams facing off again in the Open in a few months.

Observer22

Can I ask you a question great player show up for big games right or wrong?????? Pressure is twice as hard in big games right or wrong???????????? Rebounds are real important in big games right or wrong?????????? Playing ball good shutdown defense is twice as hard in big games?????????? So saying that players fit this categories In SMS big games????????? A team stars will always emerge during these games I will score 20 to 25 points these games.(Let me tell you what I mean by points: score points + rebounds(1 point)+ steal(1 point)+ blocks(1 point)+ assist(2 points)- turnovers(1 point)-shooting under 50% 3's and 2's(1 points)= GREAT PLAYER IN BIG TIME GAMES

That's the Formula to GREAT Players In Big Time Games

A team's stars do not always emerge in big games. Michael Jordan missed more than half of his attempts at game-winning shots.

There is absolutely no indication, despite numerous studies, that any such thing as "clutch play" or "rising to the occasion" exists in individuals. In any game, regardless of significance, the best a player can do is play her best, which means she will make or miss shots in a predictable way. In a clutch situation (late and close, to use baseball parlance), the best any player can do is equal her percentages in non-clutch situations.

It is is true that some players will perform worse in clutch situations, but elite players have just as much chance to go off in a big game as in a less meaningful game, if they are motivated at the same level. If an elite player does not get motivated for a less meaningful game, but only does so for big games, it may appear that she's better in the big games, but in reality, it's only because she doesn't always play at her highest level.

Yes, elite players are crucial in big games. Yes, they make big plays, because that's what elite players do. But their chances of playing well when highly motivated are no greater than in any other game.

It's a comforting myth, but it has no basis in reality.

I wouldn't call the last minutes of this game "charity time". The lead was not that big and SMS did not clear it's bench. SMS had a comfortable lead and milked the clock while on offense and did not call off the press until the very last possession of SI's. The moments SI broke the SMS press towards the end of the game was no different than how they did it earlier in the game. But, the SMS press was still in effect and when SI closed the gap within single digits, SMS turned it up a notch to ensure that SMS scored again to try to get back to a double digit lead. Yes, SMS press was effective late in the 3rd quarter, but it was more critical at the end of the 2nd quarter and at the start of the 3rd to take control of the game. Game was in control at end of the 3rd and throughout the 4th, but SI kept fighting and there was no "charity" involved. IMHO, there was more of "charity time" provided by SMS at the beginning of the game when SI took a 14-7 lead and I would not call that "charity". I would call it lack of effort by SMS in which Coach Tom G was not too happy with. At the end, milking the clock to secure the win is not "charity". It's "strategy". I am guessing you weren't at the game. Sure, SMS could have tried to score more, could have attacked the basket more towards the end. And, maybe the lead could have increased, just maybe. But, it wasn't like SMS laid down and did not try to build the score. 3 pt attempts, few as there were, were attempted. In fact, it was a couple missed ones that led to late SI scores to try and get them back in the game. This was not "charity". Saying it was is disrespectful of SI's effort to get back in the game. Instead, Coach Tom G respected SI and used "strategy" to milk the clock to win the game instead of given SI more chances to score. Your comments are reflecting SMS could have blown out SI. Wrong! This was a competitive game which needed SMS to turn it up to get themselves back in the game after being down early and they still needed to fight to hold off the charge by SI late in the 4th quarter. This was not "charity" although you wish it was just to want to be right. Hate to say it, but you need to get over yourself. You can't always be right, especially if you really weren't at the game to witness what was really going on. You would think my posts above would help. Guess not.

This game is a team sport. Yes, Cayton and Decosta stepped up and their efforts were critical for SMS to win. But, the SMS "team" is not structured for an individual to dominate like it was when Jackie G was playing for SMS. It takes a total "team" effort for the SMS press to be effective. SMS did it's damage on the scoreboard in this game not by the 3-pointers they are accustomed to. They scored by taking the ball to the hoop with one on one layups and forcing SI to foul. Although SMS was only around 50% at the line, every point counted especially when SI was missing their shots. From my perspective SI scored most of their points when they broke the press and not on their set offense. Had the later been more successful, SMS would have been in more trouble since they were cold from outside the arc. Cayton wasn't the only player taking the ball to the hoop. Johnson had success doing this as well, just not as often. Check the scoring. It wasn't like Cayton and Decosta were the only 2 players scoring for SMS. Others contributed too, just maybe not as much.
But, every other FG and made FT was just as important. Indeed, Decosta was critical on the boards. Without her presence, SI biggies dominate and they had their moments with several putbacks. Yes, Cayton and Decosta were indeed critical. But, this was a team effort to win this game and a situation where one key player (Kat Tudor) struggled, the others picked it up which led to the SMS victory. It was the turned up energy late 2nd quarter and early 3rd quarter that was critical. SMS played a good team and they needed a "team" effort with turned up energy to win this one. No doubt SMS was pushed and had the SI trees to overcome, along with good passing by SI, but in the end the better "team" prevailed.

Why does everyone want to use MJ when he had a bad game. MJ was one of the best defender in the game that's why he had all them break away layups. The days he had bad games the players he guard he was shut down always. Then he also became the facilitator of the team when he drew the crowds. SP and CH benefit from MJ bad games that they still won, Never say MJ had bad games as a BULL but a WIZZARD yes should have stood retired.

If anyone know the game about basketball numbers don't lie and if you do think that think again. Answer this question about the NBA today. Why is every team in the NBA is hiring People to analyze the things I talk about earlier??????? Do you think I said this for no reason without having facts !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The analyze today are even know where a player has a high percentage chance of score on the floor and what quarter they will score and how time they need to score !!!!!!!!!! Its just scientific fact numbers run the world in very thing we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The analyze today will find ways to improve percentages for player to get better. JUST LIKE A'S BILL BEAN BALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets talk about team wins are because 1 or 3 players step up and play in the big games. Yes we all like to nice about the word team but to have a great team there are great players that make up the teams chemistry and without great chemistry there is no team. Some players just step when teams are down to change the pace of the game what we call changing momentum.

Some people are just singling out that players but I'm not just giving credit where credit is due at that time !!!!
This is what I don't understand single out Tudor when I already said SMS goes as far as the big 3 take them. Because one night one will be off another one will pick it up. 2 out of the 3 is always on am I right or wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only time I say anything is when the excuse are made for that player. Its not the player I'm talking about its the people making the excuse for her when everyone is allowed to have a off day. The players just have to contribute in different phase of the game.
When I say support team everyone gets hurt when I say that its just the truth until a player emerges for the pack and not be a role player.

SOME PEOPLE DONT LIKE THE WAY I SPEAK BUT ITS TRUE FACTS ABOUT BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wrote that Tom was setting Tutor up and holding Cayton back so Tutor could get all the glory. It may have taken three paragraphs for you to write it out, but that was definitely the message.

Nor Cal Scout

Does numbers lie or to the tell the tell of a player???????????????? Please answer ????????????

Numbers do not lie, but you can make numbers tell any story you want to tell. There are a lot of folks in prison making numbers do some crazy stuff and look the way they want them to look. Stats spelled backwards spells what? Cayton is a great player, no doubt. Tom is a great coach and Stmarys is a great program and they have 10 great players all at varying degrees of development. You obviously have a vested interest in the kid and are connected to the family. Let me ask you a question, do you think you getting on this message board is helping MiCole abe the team at St. Mary's or do you think it is hindering their growth as a team?

I watched my three kids go through their high school careers and I spent those years on this board. Now that was a while back but in all of my years I have never read the type of crap that you have put out about people, teams and players you don't like. It is fine with those you don't have an affiliation with, I guess..... but this kid is someone you obviously care about and the family respects your despite their transferring from Brookside to st. Mary's but for the love of god man don't take away the happiness for this kid by trying to stir a pot and confuse the player and the players parents as to what is or is not happening.

If you care about the kid, the game and you have any sort of respect for yourself, lose the bitterness and just enjoy and support this kid and her team.

Dear NorCalScout-

You seem to like to bring my name up and take a jab directly at me any chance you can get. You seem to like to assumed or seem to know "exactly" who I am. I don't know what made you feel this way towards me but if I did something in the past to wrong you-I am sorry! I want to keep things in my life as positive as possible to start the NEW YEAR after this post.

Regardless of what I say you will still assumed it's me or people in "Que's Camp". You definitely know your basketball and information so you can go back to all the timeline of on "balerdream" posts or people you though it was me or people from
"Que's Camp" and cross references. You know that I am currently at McClatchy so you should know McClatchy's practice schedule and games schedule.
Here's *My other Schedule*
I have AAU practices in Thursday 6-8:30pm & Sunday from 11am-3pm every week with the Stockton Mustangs, I also officiated in the South NCOA twice, sometime three times a week at the FROSH & JV level. You can look up my schedule. I teach full-time 7:30-3pm. I know you will do your research and hopefully get the answer for yourself or everyone who's interested. But if you choose to continue to take cheap shots at me. I will just have to live it.

"BD, by all accounts is Que but Que is claiming he is not BD but BD has not denied those same allegations.

"...or Que is the mad scientist behind all of what PD/SMS has to brag about."

"BD, aka coach Que.." "albeit mainly from a disgruntled former coach Que but a bashing nonetheless."

Taking jabs at me or anyone behind a screen name whether it's direct or indirect like this is "classless". I am man enough to address you direct regardless how small of a man I am.

I apologized before hand regarding my writing mistake or grammatical error(s).

Here's my contact number and email. I hope you will be the 1st to contact me to talk or clear up any issue you might have with me.

Que Ngo
916-479-5647
Physical25@yahoo.com

P.S- Coach Sopak- parents at St. Mary's- Parents who know me have contacted me regarding "balerdream" posts. I have assured them that I don't know who that is and it's definitely NOT ME! Thanks you for believing in me.

Lets be honest Que. You are always on your phone, so you can be posting any time of the day or night...at school, practice, work, AAU, or whatever. It is comical how you are going against your own self on here to try to throw people off. Now, that takes a lot of time.

Can anyone tell me why Oak Ridge High School never plays in the tougher tournaments? Aren't they suppose to be good? We know people in El Dorado Hills were the high school is and they say it's all smoke and mirrors there. They normally have a good record but it's always against weak teams... The good teams beat them.

Nor Cal Scout----- If Ballersdreams agenda is stirring up sh!t one way to do that is to create internal conflict within the team itself via the parents. Read the all the posts in sequence that Ballersdreams has posted. I posted on another thread that I remember other posters posts. The sequence and subject of each of those posts do not point towards an agenda to promote MiCole Cayton at all. The direction of the posts has changed multiple times and seem to imply adaption to reactions of the other posters on this site. It implies a change of strategy and opportunistic attempt at promoting some specific agenda. Highly unlikely that it is any parent or relative trying to promote their own.

One of the things I try to discern in any post or conversation is if their appears to be any agenda or bias. It's essential to weeding out valid from slanted information. As I posted on another thread I am open to all possibilities and that would include Ballersdreams being a legit person with a real point of view. It would be the easiest if this person took up my offer in order to validate that they are indeed a legitimate person. Ballersdreams-- You should realize that many of your posts have created a legitimate suspicion to your identity so it would really be in your best interest to clear this up once and for all. All those "red flags" would therefor become irrelevant and wouldn't need to addressed on this forum in public.

The way to discern truth is a process. You consider all the possibilities and then use a process of elimination to weed out the highly improbable or impossible.

Well stated. BD is Que so the real BD will never come forward. It is just unfortunate that creeps like that get on this board as it drives a lot of people away.

Why should I reveal myself when you like coaches that suppress kids for being all the want to be. I had parents agree to all what I was saying am I right or wrong.? One person said to one of the SMS coaches I shouldn't have put our dirty laundry on a forums that everyone can see !!!!!!!!!!!! That same person said what People see its what really happen behind the scenes !!!!!! That means force to pass when their kids is good enough to score most the time but the have to pass to one individual!!!!!!!!!!!! Then lets talk about MM coach The parent on the Cal Stars Said we don't need that player the only reason why her was there is because Cal Stars had to 2 hurt players. Then he try to retract his statement but it was to late everyone seen it !!!!!!!!!!! That player that's they didn't need was McDonald. They had one of the best in NORCAL play down because they said her would have mess up Team chemistry, I don't think so ask anyone!!!!!!!!!!!! So am I a creep or someone that tells the unknown of these type of coaches. I would never attack a player because its not there fault at all just coaches and parents loyalty to each other not the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO NOR CAL SCOUT PUT YOUR TIAL BETWEEN LEGS AND GO TELL THEM THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND TO BE HONEST YOU DONT WANT TO SEE ME AT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GIVE OPIONS ABOUT ALL TEAMS BUT THEY DONT GET BUTT HURT ONLY THE ONES THAT HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE AND I EXPOSE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WORST PART I SAY ALOT OF GOOD TOO BUT NOBODY WANTS TO HERE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baller,

It's not that people don't want to hear it, but we want to know who you are so that maybe we can understand what you are saying. You are a piece of work and regardless of what you know or think you know about basketball is irrelevant. You are a blowhard who thinks he knows everything and you are really just someone who toots their own horn and it takes a group to try and decipher what you are writing.

You make little to no sense on your posts and if you are involved in coaching / influencing young athletes lives then I am glad that I do not have someone who is associated with you.

You do not make girls basketball any better by writing these senseless posts, but rather degrade it.

Nor cal

I just speak on what I know and some people don't like it but I real not care. Its mostly opinion on facts that I know that is true. I could say what is real wrong about some of the people that I talk about but I not want to make it so political statement. Nor Cal I Know Douglas Benton been listing to what I have to say have look at his write-ups. Some people are listening and notice players that have been hind in political ways. MONEY TALKS ALWAYS AND ALWAYS WILL MY DECISIONS EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT RIGHT. I just the person says what everyone wants to say but they are scared because repercussion that will happen to their kids !!!!!!! And to let you know i'm very relevant in the basketball world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only if you know but you will never find out who am I. And about degrade the girls basketball never will do that only exposed ones that do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I said before but I guess your don't listen to well I wont talk about the good coaches but I will tell want I think about their team but nothing bad about there coaching ethics because they treat their teams right and respect the game and not try to be god. If a scout talk to me about a player I will tell them what they want to hear not tell that they are look at the wrong player for what they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think its up to the people that who read this if my opinion is right or wrong. I always give fact and people hate when I hit right on nose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But someone always gets mad but I cant real care about them I can only care about the player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT