ADVERTISEMENT

Since CIF Created the Open is No Other true Division State Championships

RespectBBGame

Sports Fanatic
Mar 16, 2015
Think about the Open is the place where the top teams meet from different divisions for the true State Championship each year.

Let me explain why I think this way!!! It's like a big tournament with pool play. There are different pools like A, B, and ect. That's like the different sections. After pool play you take top team play for the title of the tournament that would like be the Open Division after sections. The team left that finish would play in consolation brackets that would be like D1, D2 and ect. There are always consolation trophies that would be like D1, D2, AND ECT. In the end, there is only one many trophy that the Open Division championship.

The CIF cause this to happen but can change it by following the SJS section rules. If a team goes to the open they are D1the year after that. This will make D1 back to where it used to be in the day where the only championship people talk about is the D1.

Does anyone have any opinion!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I guess this is a hard subject to talk about. Let me explain it more.
Best in the State 1-16 teams that's the Open Division
Gold bracket 17-48 teams that's D1 Division
Silver bracket 49-80 teams that's D2 Division
Bronze bracket 81-112 teams that's D3 Division
Consolation 1 bracket 113-136 teams that's D4 Division
Constellation 2 bracket 137-152 teams that's D5 Division

Just think in college the best of best play in D1, then second D1A, then D2, then D3 and NIAA. Who talks about any of the other championships besides D1.

Didn't they used to have an ignore button? Do they have function this anymore? ? I just got a migraine trying to read this.

I like this idea ... and I think the top 16 teams should all get banners for the gym that are bigger and better than the division banners for lower brackets, and the Open Champion is the only one who can claim to the California champion.

You can't play multiple games on a single day, so it would have to be the same format as now, but it might work.

Clay and Northbay

Just think around about 20 year ago on the Boys side. BOD, St. Joseph, Dela Salle , James Logan, Riordan, Bellarmine, Pitt., Skyline, Mitty, and many more was all D1 high because enrollment numbers didn't matter. Back then they was talking about making a power Division because the private school can recruit for any where.

Actually, enrollment still mattered but teams could opt up if they wanted to. Some teams did, and some teams didn't -- and some opted up to Division II, say, to avoid a power in Division IV.

I believe so, as I recall hearing that, but for some reason I think NCS only wants teams to move up or down based on their performance in NCS playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT