ADVERTISEMENT

SJS - D1 games

FLAGRANT

Sports Fanatic
Oct 29, 2014
A few games that I think will be very close or possible upsets. Who do you have winnng?

Capital Christian vs Modesto Christian-
MC by 7 in a close game, although Capital isn’t as talented as the past few years they played a tuff schedule and did fairly decent. With MC losing to St Mary’s maybe this isn’t the team we all thought.

Jesuit vs Oakridge - this game could go either way but I will say Jesuit by 3. I don’t think Oakridge has enough to slow down Silva and Jones. But there is a very good chance Oakridge pulls this off, they play hard and compete. If this game was played @ Oakridge then I would take the Trojans no doubt. Going to be a good one.

Folsom vs Franklin - Franklin has 2 really good guards that can cause some problems for teams, I think Folsom will also struggle but they team ball that Folsom plays will most likely be too much for Franklin to handle. However: if Lynch is in foul trouble this game will go down to the wire. But for now Folsom by 9.

Anybody have some different opinions?

It seems that Sheldon's task will be tougher if Bagley can't go against Davis as been mentioned in another thread... He scored 41 and 28 in the two teams' previous meetings. That's a lot to make up, even more if Morgan is also out. I'd still favor Sheldon, though... Their depth comes at you in waves.

Something's not quite right down at MC, though I can't put a finger on it. Just not quite clicking despite a tremendous stable of athletes. However, I think they have enough to get past CC in a big game.

Don't have a strong take on the other two games...

Flagrant- I'm going to try and get over to see OR vs Jesuit. I think this could be the matchup of the night. OR has played very well at times. They've had Folsom on the brink 2x but just could't get it done in the closing minutes. They've beaten a good DLS team as well. If Middleton and Brown come to play Jesuit will have all they can handle. OR has a lot of size up front and this is a smaller Jesuit team. OR should dominate inside. But Jesuits 2 guards are superior to Oak Ridge's backcourt. This is a tossup game for me as well. But given a home game at Jesuit I think you are right. Jesuit in a close one.

Is Bagley hurt? They will still beat Davis by 20 but down road it gets tougher. Yeah don't understand MC as well.

I think it will be Sheldon-Jesuit and Modesto Christian-Folsom in the finals.

Best chance for an upset (if you want to call it one) is Oak Ridge over Jesuit

I agree to on Modesto Christian. Still think they get to the finals, but something isn't clicking to the level I think most thought they would be at this year.

Sheldon by 25+ even without the star attraction. And Franklin has the best chance for an upset imo

I was way off on MC. That was a statement that was made tonight. Capital talent isn’t really there this year, but I thought they could stay in reach. Folsom vs MC will be a great game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT