ADVERTISEMENT

Slightly off-topic... But Jordan Ford is a part of it...

Never heard of "Blue Ribbon Sports".. I'll wait for the AP poll... in a related note I just checked out the Sporting News college hoops preview mag (that has Ivan Rabb on the cover) and saw they predict Cal to finish #8 in the Pac-12. Would be shocked if they finish that low, think they can be sneaky good (better than last year even).

Can't argue with that, Heat... This just came out first.

Just for the heck of it, I went looking to see what else is out there... Only paying attention to the ones I know have been in existence a long time...

Lindy's has the Gaels at #18, Athlon has 'em at 21. Both of these mags are longtime players in the sports-preview magazine world.

I've spotted a teaser article listing which Big 10 teams are in the Sporting News preseason poll, but the full poll apparently isn't out yet.

Can't find any Street & Smith info yet...

A highly-analytical website I really like called compughteratings.com hasn't got anything up for this year yet... That's a great website... Bookmark it, enjoy... You can thank me later. :) Some of the content is paid, but there is *plenty* of free info to devour.

I'd guess all three of those polls will be out by early October if not earlier.

Of those listed, the surprise #1 for me is Lindy's. They picked Oregon. Pac-12 teams *never* get ranked that high in the preseason, at least not since the Wooden days at UCLA...

St Mary's is loaded. They have everybody returning from a team that won 25+ games. They could win 30 this season. But,,, can they get over the NCAA tourney curse?

I like CAL as well. Rabb, Singer, Bird, and Domingo should be a real good nucleus. They might mesh better this year. At times last year there wasn't enough balls to go around for Bird, Mathews, and Brown. Rabb never got the ball and he still was almost a double double guy.

Can't argue with that, Heat... This just came out first.

Just for the heck of it, I went looking to see what else is out there... Only paying attention to the ones I know have been in existence a long time...

Lindy's has the Gaels at #18, Athlon has 'em at 21. Both of these mags are longtime players in the sports-preview magazine world.

I've spotted a teaser article listing which Big 10 teams are in the Sporting News preseason poll, but the full poll apparently isn't out yet.

Can't find any Street & Smith info yet...

A highly-analytical website I really like called compughteratings.com hasn't got anything up for this year yet... That's a great website... Bookmark it, enjoy... You can thank me later. :) Some of the content is paid, but there is *plenty* of free info to devour.

I'd guess all three of those polls will be out by early October if not earlier.

Of those listed, the surprise #1 for me is Lindy's. They picked Oregon. Pac-12 teams *never* get ranked that high in the preseason, at least not since the Wooden days at UCLA...
www.compughterratings.com

The top of the WCC should be fun to watch this season.

Gonzaga loses 4 starters from last seasons Sweet 16 team including Sabonis and Wiltjer. They do have Karnowski coming back after missing most of last season due to injury. And they add transfers Nigel Williams-Goss (Washington), Jordan Mathews (Cal), Johnathan Williams (Missouri). They also brought in what might end up being their best recruiting class ever highlighted by 4 star guard Zach Norvell from Simeon high school in Chicago and McDonald's All American forward Zach Collins from Bishop Gorman.

BYU returns Nick Emery and has some solid players coming back from their missions including Eric Mika and big time recruits TJ Haws and Payton Dastrup.

And of course SMC returns everyone from last seasons WCC regular season championship team.

The top of the WCC should be fun to watch this season.

Gonzaga loses 4 starters from last seasons Sweet 16 team including Sabonis and Wiltjer. They do have Karnowski coming back after missing most of last season due to injury. And they add transfers Nigel Williams-Goss (Washington), Jordan Mathews (Cal), Johnathan Williams (Missouri). They also brought in what might end up being their best recruiting class ever highlighted by 4 star guard Zach Norvell from Simeon high school in Chicago and McDonald's All American forward Zach Collins from Bishop Gorman.

BYU returns Nick Emery and has some solid players coming back from their missions including Eric Mika and big time recruits TJ Haws and Payton Dastrup.

And of course SMC returns everyone from last seasons WCC regular season championship team.
Four starters from BYU were all from the same highschool, Lone Peak in Utah who were the number 1 team in the country in 2013. It was the team that beat Mitty by 40 plus on ESPN. One of Gordons best dunks ever was in that game.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Well through a couple minutes of research it looks as though Street and Smith merged with Sporting News. They have 16 different regions with 16 different covers. The rankings are out as is the book. Our west coast region has
2016cb15.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT