ADVERTISEMENT

So WHO should Folsom schedule?

Lol. Amazing how you non chalantly throw out that Folsom would win most of the games vs lower half of TL. At least cite some basis for stating that. Others wise it’s just another guy claiming Folsom would win all the games they avoid sceduling.

It's usually pointless responding to you about anything. You’re the poster child of bias for SoCal. And you've had your head so far up your @$$ about Folsom the past decade that it's nearly impossible to take you seriously. But I'll give it a shot anyway.

Moreover, you should be the last person calling out someone for non-nonchalantly throwing out opinions/statements. That's your M.O., usually cloaked in some type of sarcasm or snark --- as are excuses, which is ironic that you are the originator and caretaker of the "excuse thread", but I digress....

As for citing basis, if I could bring anything compelling to table aside from personal observation and subjective opinion -- don't you think I would? Anybody that contributes to this site regularly knows that I typically back up what I say whenever possible.

In this case, it's subjective opinion. I can no more prove it than you can disprove it.

How about this. How about you cite basis (beyond subjective opinion) for Folsom not beating the lower 2/3rd's of the Trinity.

Hint: OLu, JSerra, Servite and Margarita getting boat raced by SJB and MD 70-6 on a consistent basis the past 7 years surely doesn’t provide any. And daisy-chaining score comparisons among common opponents doesn't mean a thing either.

This needs to work both ways. OLu, JSerra, Servite and Margarita don’t get the benefit of the doubt either.

I get it. You're on your high horse because Servite is relevant for the first time in years. Like MD and SJB before them, apparently they grew tired of getting their head kicked in by DLS. And Servite doubly hated getting boat raced by SJB and MD the past 7 years so they decided to join the arms race. Good for them.

But this goes beyond any of that. You have such a high opinion of and superiority complex toward SoCal teams that it clouds your thinking.

Most acknowledge that by sheer population and enrollment numbers there is far more depth (of good teams) in SoCal than there is in NorCal. But up until the transfer wars began in recent years, that didn't mean SoCal's best teams were better than NorCal's best teams.

Isn't that what we discovered in 2001 when DLS beat loaded POLY? Like most, I'm sure you didn't expect that outcome. How about when Grant Union beat the PAC5 Champ in 2008? And Granite Bay did the same in 2012? And when Folsom boat raced Serra-Gardena in the SBG in 2010? And when Palo Alto beat Centennial-Corona in the SBG also in 2010?

After each and every one of those results above -- and even a few others not listed -- the Sammy excuse train was full speed ahead.

"it was because of the rain", "they didn't take the game or opponent seriously", "our teams were beat up in our meat grinder playoff bracket".

Yadda yadda yadda.

Like it or not, Folsom has been been one of the best teams in NorCal for over a decade now. They've arguably been the #2 team behind DLS over that entire span. To believe that they couldn't compete with or beat the lower half of any CA league is pretty shortsighted and naive.

If you really want to play the game of dissecting what I said:
  • "for the past 7 years they could compete with the lower half of that league"
  • "and probably win most those games"
The first line certainly shouldn't be considered outlandish or controversial at all.

The second line is certainly debatable, but, again, is merely subjective opinion based upon observation and also knowing how much talent Folsom has churned out over the past 7 years and how good most of their teams have been, most notably 2014, 2016 and 2018. They've produced numerous D1 FBS athletes, including a couple NFL players.

Also, "most" just means 1 more than half. Winning 6 of 10 would qualify as winning most, wouldn't it?
"Probably" indicates it's not a foregone conclusion, but rather something someone considers "likely".

You clearly don't agree. No problem. But is what I stated really all that controversial? And can you prove the opposite? Nope.

Lastly, you selectively ignored the very last sentence wherein I acknowledged that we have no way to know for sure since they didn't schedule or play those games. Was that stated too "non-nonchalantly" to pick up on? ;)

So here we are back to square one. Giving our subjective opinions. And here you are getting all riled up over it.

Fact is if the Folsom coaches thought they could win those games, they would have been on the schedule. But they weren’t.

You talk about "non-nonchalantly" throwing things out, then you say this?

If the topic is Folsom not scheduling the way we think they should, then we agree. However this isn't college football with a National playoff system in place. Not every HS program and coach thinks about or cares about this $#!t like you, I or anybody else here does. You or I assuming or questioning motivation is really ridiculous.

I often been critical of Folsom's scheduling over the years. I've stated that, until scheduling DLS recently, they never seem to schedule anyone they don't expect to beat. But so what? Do they care what ThunderRam or Sammy think?

Furthermore, just because they don't schedule those games doesn't mean they would lose those hypothetical matchups. You're essentially saying that it's unfair to assume they would win a game they don't schedule when the reverse is also true. You can't assume Servite, OLu, JSerra, and Margarita would win games they didn't schedule and play either, right?

So what's left to do besides offer subjective opinion on hypotheticals?

BTW, since none of those "other" Trinity League teams are scheduling the top non-DLS teams from NorCal -- is it then safe to say they don't believe they could win those games? Because, according to Sammy logic, if their coaches thought they could win those games, they would have been on the schedule. Right? SMH.

Let me just leave you with this last bit of factual info:

DLS is 5-0 against Folsom and 5-0 against Servite. All games played since 2010.

Average score against Folsom is 36-14. Score differential is -22.
Average score against Servite is 42-17. Score differential is -25.

The only other program from the bottom 4 of the Trinity to face DLS was OLu, who lost 42-3.

While I already acknowledged that score comparisons and daisy chaining doesn't mean a thing, you wanted basis cited for stating such a thing.

And looking at that should tell anyone that Folsom could fit right in with those teams as they seem to perform equally against DLS with Folsom actually being a bit better.

Last edited:
You know Patsy your a real funny guy. “You don’t bust one nut in 10 years and claim greatness.” Seriously dude. St Francis times 2 busted a couple and you tried hard as hell to verbally take down one of the greatest high school programs until they once again made sure Folsom still couldn’t bust that nut. It works both ways buddy.

Reactions: remc and THEOC89
It's usually pointless responding to you about anything. You’re the poster child of bias for SoCal. And you've had your head so far up your @$$ about Folsom the past decade that it's nearly impossible to take you seriously. But I'll give it a shot anyway.

Moreover, you should be the last person calling out someone for non-nonchalantly throwing out opinions/statements. That's your M.O., usually cloaked in some type of sarcasm or snark --- as are excuses, which is ironic that you are the originator and caretaker of the "excuse thread", but I digress....

As for citing basis, if I could bring anything compelling to table aside from personal observation and subjective opinion -- don't you think I would? Anybody that contributes to this site regularly knows that I typically back up what I say whenever possible.

In this case, it's subjective opinion. I can no more prove it than you can disprove it.

How about this. How about you cite basis (beyond subjective opinion) for Folsom not beating the lower 2/3rd's of the Trinity.

Hint: OLu, JSerra, Servite and Margarita getting boat raced by SJB and MD 70-6 on a consistent basis the past 7 years surely doesn’t provide any. And daisy-chaining score comparisons among common opponents doesn't mean a thing either.

This needs to work both ways. OLu, JSerra, Servite and Margarita don’t get the benefit of the doubt either.

I get it. You're on your high horse because Servite is relevant for the first time in years. Like MD and SJB before them, apparently they grew tired of getting their head kicked in by DLS. And Servite doubly hated getting boat raced by SJB and MD the past 7 years so they decided to join the arms race. Good for them.

But this goes beyond any of that. You have such a high opinion of and superiority complex toward SoCal teams that it clouds your thinking.

Most acknowledge that by sheer population and enrollment numbers there is far more depth (of good teams) in SoCal than there is in NorCal. But up until the transfer wars began in recent years, that didn't mean SoCal's best teams were better than NorCal's best teams.

Isn't that what we discovered in 2001 when DLS beat loaded POLY? Like most, I'm sure you didn't expect that outcome. How about when Grant Union beat the PAC5 Champ in 2008? And Granite Bay did the same in 2012? And when Folsom boat raced Serra-Gardena in the SBG in 2010? And when Palo Alto beat Centennial-Corona in the SBG also in 2010?

After each and every one of those results above -- and even a few others not listed -- the Sammy excuse train was full speed ahead.

"it was because of the rain", "they didn't take the game or opponent seriously", "our teams were beat up in our meat grinder playoff bracket".

Yadda yadda yadda.

Like it or not, Folsom has been been one of the best teams in NorCal for over a decade now. They've arguably been the #2 team behind DLS over that entire span. To believe that they couldn't compete with or beat the lower half of any CA league is pretty shortsighted and naive.

The first line certainly shouldn't be considered outlandish or controversial at all.

The second line is certainly debatable, but, again, is merely subjective opinion based upon observation and also knowing how much talent Folsom has churned out over the past 7 years and how good most of their teams have been, most notably 2014, 2016 and 2018. They've produced numerous D1 FBS athletes, including a couple NFL players.

Also, "most" just means 1 more than half. Winning 6 of 10 would qualify as winning most, wouldn't it?
"Probably" indicates it's not a foregone conclusion, but rather something someone considers "likely".

You clearly don't agree. No problem. But is what I stated really all that controversial? And can you prove the opposite? Nope.

Lastly, you selectively ignored the very last sentence wherein I acknowledged that we have no way to know for sure since they didn't schedule or play those games. Was that stated too "non-nonchalantly" to pick up on? ;)

So here we are back to square one. Giving our subjective opinions. And here you are getting all riled up over it.

If the topic is Folsom not scheduling the way we think they should, then we agree. However this isn't college football with a National playoff system in place. Not every HS program and coach thinks about or cares about this $#!t like you, I or anybody else here does. You or I assuming or questioning motivation is really ridiculous.

I often been critical of Folsom's scheduling over the years. I've stated that, until scheduling DLS recently, they never seem to schedule anyone they don't expect to beat. But so what? Do they care what ThunderRam or Sammy think?

Furthermore, just because they don't schedule those games doesn't mean they would lose those hypothetical matchups. You're essentially saying that it's unfair to assume they would win a game they don't schedule when the reverse is also true. You can't assume Servite, OLu, JSerra, and Margarita would win games they didn't schedule and play either, right?

BTW, since none of those "other" Trinity League teams are scheduling the top non-DLS teams from NorCal -- is it then safe to say they don't believe they could win those games? Because, according to Sammy logic, if their coaches thought they could win those games, they would have been on the schedule. Right? SMH.

The only other program from the bottom 4 of the Trinity to face DLS was OLu, who lost 42-3.

While I already acknowledged that score comparisons and daisy chaining doesn't mean a thing, you wanted basis cited for stating such a thing.

And looking at that should tell anyone that Folsom could fit right in with those teams as they seem to perform equally against DLS with Folsom actually being a bit better.
Dude @sammyswordsman you just got owned again. Are you going to hide on here again after ownage like you did on the national board? You are having a bad year. About as bad as Servite's last 10. :)

Yadda yadda yadda.

Impressive Sir.
The Defense rests Your Honor
The ThunderRam was running full throttle on all eight turbo cylinders. Hopefully you iced down your keyboard before going to bed.
When you do an audiobooks version am definitely interested.

Thank You.

I get it. You're on your high horse because Servite is relevant for the first time in years. Like MD and SJB before them, apparently they grew tired of getting their head kicked in by DLS. And Servite doubly hated getting boat raced by SJB and MD the past 7 years so they decided to join the arms race.
Servite has been “relevant” longer than just this year. LOL. A one possession loss to Mater Dei 24-17 last year and a 10 point loss to SJB last year. They almost beat SJB in 2019 losing 28-27 while DLS lost to SJB 49-28 that same year! No dog in this fight but Just some perspective here.

Nice Rant by @ThunderRam but without substance.

When you have to bring DLS into the conversation to prop up Folsom, then you already lost.

I'm not on here claiming likely victories in games that were never played, and if I did, I would cite some basis for stating it.

There is simply no supporting data that Folsom would win 50% + of the time over the bottom half of the TL, but there are data points that point to the opposite.

2015 Folsom lost to Bellarmine which lost 24-0 to Mission Viejo, and also lost to #1093 Mitty.

2016 Folsom lost to #1963 Sacramento
2017 Best win was by 6 points over Helix which lost to #209 Paraclete 23-6
2018 Best win was 28-21 over Cathedral which lost worse to #973 La Costa Canyon 19-6
2019 lost to #361 Monterey Trail 35-23
2020 - no relevant wins
2021 Folsom was boat raced by Rocklin

The results listed above are pretty good reasons why Folsom would not win 50% + of hypothetical games vs the lower half of the TL. If they can't beat MT, Bellarmine, Sacramento, etc. they aren't beating any TL teams.

I am sure Folsom has a fine team, but please stop giving them hypothetical wins with no basis for doing so. As long as people keep giving them hypothetical wins, and lofty Calpreps rankings, then they have no incentive to actually schedule competitive games.

Last edited:
Reactions: THEOC89
Nice Rant by @ThunderRam but without substance.

When you have to bring DLS into the conversation to prop up Folsom, then you already lost.

I'm not on here claiming likely victories in games that were never played, and if I did, I would cite some basis for stating it.

There is simply no supporting data that Folsom would win 50% + of the time over the bottom half of the TL, but there are data points that point to the opposite.

2015 Folsom lost to Bellarmine which lost 24-0 to Mission Viejo, and also lost to #1093 Mitty.

2016 Folsom lost to #1963 Sacramento
2017 Best win was by 6 points over Helix which lost to #209 Paraclete 23-6
2018 Best win was 28-21 over Cathedral which lost worse to #973 La Costa Canyon 19-6
2019 lost to #361 Monterey Trail 35-23
2020 - no relevant wins
2021 Folsom was boat raced by Rocklin

I am sure Folsom has a fine team, but please stop giving them hypothetical wins with no basis for doing so. As long as people keep giving them hypothetical wins, then they have no incentive to actually schedule competitive games.
Folsom owns you. To the point where you've been self banished off the national site.

Come back in 10 years when you are relevant again

Servite claims greatness off close losses. What a joke.

@ThunderRam just owned you to the point that you wrote a 30 min email to rebutt lol

Servite has been “relevant” longer than just this year. LOL. A one possession loss to Mater Dei 24-17 last year and a 10 point loss to SJB last year. They almost beat SJB in 2019 losing 28-27 while DLS lost to SJB 49-28 that same year! No dog in this fight but Just some perspective here.
So getting credit for "almost wins?"

You sound like a Folsom fan bro.

Exactly. For some playing in the Trinity or WCAL year in and out is a hell of a lot more solid than many teams preseason lineup.

Reactions: RedZone90
Also @ThunderRam big knock against the lower TL teams is that they get boatraced by MD and SJB every year, so he cites this as evidence that Folsom could beat them,

He also claims his statement is subjective from "watching the games".

Let's see who else got boatraced by MD and SJB over the past few years. Does this mean Folsom would win 50% + over these teams too?

Duncanville
De La Salle
Bergen Catholic
St. Johns College
DeMatha
Don Bosco
SFA
OLGC

Last edited:
Looks like I struck a nerve. :)

Folsom is the #1 public in CA and it makes you angry.
Overall 2010-2020 Folsom was the #1 NorCal Public, how are you forgetting Centennial or even LBP in the part of the decade.

But these are the recent facts, Folsom has NOT been the #1 Public in SJS
In 2019 Monterey Trail was the best public
In 2020- Covid shortened year
In 2021-Rocklin is, but Folsom has a chance to redeem

Also @ThunderRam big knock against the lower TL teams is that they get boatraced by MD and SJB every year, so he cites this as evidence that Folsom could beat them,

Let's see who else got boatraced by MD and SJB over the past few years. Does this mean Folsom would win 50% + over these teams too?

Duncanville
De La Salle
Bergen Catholic
St. Johns College
DeMatha
Don Bosco
SFA
OLGC
It safe to say they are ZERO percent against one on that list.

Impressive Sir.
The Defense rests Your Honor
The ThunderRam was running full throttle on all eight turbo cylinders. Hopefully you iced down your keyboard before going to bed.
When you do an audiobooks version am definitely interested.

Thank You.

Appreciate the support, and of course the humor and wit. You’re always great at that.

Keyboard is liquid-cooled, so we’re all good there. ;)

Sorry, but Sammy just needs to be checked from time to time. Not really for his own benefit but for those that don’t know his shtick. He’s typically as bad as the Folsom homer, just in favor of SoCal instead. And hypocritically he’s full of more bogus excuses than anyone.

He’s no @ararar or @Cal 14 that’s for sure. Those guys are far more objective and knowledgeable of SoCal ball, and CA in general. Cal 14 routinely mops the floor with him.

Anyway, I made my points and am done with it.

Point taken and acknowledged. I know it‘s been beyond just this one season. My point was it’s still more of a recent thing. They aren’t far removed from being completely irrelevant. And losing 70-6. Or 50 something to very little. For years.

But as I said, they finally got tired of it and committed to the arms race.

DLS won 6 Open titles in 7 years which caused SoCal to lose its collective mind. SJB was the first to go all-in and start the transfer wars. MD followed suit not long later.

Now apparently after years of playing the role of ”baby seal”, Servite has also caved to the peer pressure. Because they went a number of years w/o being competitive. But now suddenly discovered some magic water…….

Troy Thomas is clearly a much better recruiter than AJ Gass and Scott Meyer.

Last edited:
David beats Goliath all the time in sports. That is reality. DLS again for example has routinely outplayed more talented teams throughout the last 30 plus years.

i get what the one poster is saying in terms of that SoCal has built but it’s just one game… we’ve seen stranger things happen over the years. DLS was always suppose to get killed and somehow they “hang around” against Goliath. Grant had no biz being on the same field has Long Beach Poly yet took to them. (What people said). You gotta play the game and continually try and get better.

but it is quite laughable when literally the top 10 players in calif all play in the trinity league. And being top 10 in calif puts you nationally about the same!

Reactions: concrete17
Foolsome isn’t even the best public program in their own league, let alone the entire state.
DLS isn't even the best team in the Bay area.

Folsom hadn't lost to a league opponent, in a league that is top 3 in CA every year.

Pretty good for a little old public :)

Duncanville
De La Salle
Bergen Catholic
St. Johns College
DeMatha
Don Bosco
SFA
OLGC
You played Bakersfield as your premier non league match up a few years back. 🤡

Point taken and acknowledged. I know it‘s been beyond just this one season. My point was it’s still more of a recent thing. They aren’t far removed from being completely irrelevant. And losing 70-6. Or 50 something to very little. For years.

But as I said, they finally got tired of it and committed to the arms race.

DLS won 6 Open titles in 7 years which caused SoCal to lose its collective mind. SJB was the first to go all-in and start the transfer wars. MD followed suit not long later.

Now apparently after years of playing the role of ”baby seal”, Servite has also caved to the peer pressure. Because they went a number of years w/o being competitive. But now suddenly discovered some magic water…….

Troy Thomas is clearly a much better recruiter than AJ Gass and Scott Meyer.
Being competitive in the Trinity League is a tall task. Just ask DLS fans. Servite has been very competitive outside of the Trinity League for years. Perspective.

Being competitive in the Trinity League is a tall task. Just ask DLS fans. Servite has been very competitive outside of the Trinity League for years. Perspective.
Oh so being competitive gets you a trophy now? Sounds like some Folsom shit.

Oh so being competitive gets you a trophy now? Sounds like some Folsom shit.
Yes, Foolsome has been wallowing in that competitive detritus for many years. Foolsome lobbied for a rule change to avoid DLS. Servite just plays the number 1 & 2 teams in the country. That’s all.

Yes, Foolsome has been wallowing in that competitive detritus for many years. Foolsome lobbied for a rule change to avoid DLS. Servite just plays the number 1 & 2 teams in the country. That’s all.
You can thank Servite for that rule change. They're section Commissioner was one of the unanimous votes to change it! :)

Of course it is. And the 4 teams have largely failed miserably the past 7 years. Which is why one by one they are upping their recruiting game.

As for competing outside of the league, why wouldn’t they be very competitive? They’re all private schools in a large metro area. Of course they are very competitive.

As I pointed out, their level of competitiveness has been on par with Folsom’s. With Servite upping their recruiting game the past couple years to now separate themselves.

It’s very easy to see.

Of course it is. And the 4 teams have largely failed miserably the past 7 years. Which is why one by one they are upping their recruiting game.

As for competing outside of the league, why wouldn’t they be very competitive? They’re all private schools in a large metro area. Of course they are very competitive.

As I pointed out, their level of competitiveness has been on par with Folsom’s. With Servite upping their recruiting game the past couple years to now separate themselves.

It’s very easy to see.
People are trying to help you with perspective but like most Folsom supporters you are a lost cause.

"4 teams failed miserably" Sorry but there are alot more than 4 teams that have failed miserably the past 7 years. You can add DLS, Duncanville, SFA, OLGC, Don Bosco, ESL, SJC and on and on.

Those 4 teams put up pretty good W/L records against teams much better than 90% of the teams on Folsoms schedule the last 7 years.

Last edited:
People are trying to help you with perspective but like most Folsom supporters you are a lost cause.

"4 teams failed miserably" Sorry but there are alot more than 4 teams that have failed miserably the past 7 years. You can add DLS, Duncanville, SFA, OLGC, Don Bosco, ESL, SJC and on and on.

Those 4 teams put up pretty good W/L records against teams much better than 90% of the teams on Folsoms schedule the last 7 years.
Folsom is a 2-3 win team in the TL at Best, assuming you would have a 7 team league with Folsom….

Their Best year would have been 2018 where Folsom probably wins 3 games but loses to MD, SJB and JSerra…. So Folsom’s Best team Ever would be 4th in the TL….

Folsom just doesn’t play a physical enough Brand of FB to Regularly win in the TL….

All you have to do is look at Los Al this year…. All hyped up with all these recruits and they get Boatraced by the #4 TL Team….

Los Al is representative of how Folsom is every year…. Lots of Skill Talent but Soft Lines…. That won’t fly in TL play because everyone has D1 talent and Big physical linemen…

The Current Rocklin Team Plays just Like a TL Team and look how that went for Folsom…. Rocklin would be competing for 4th in the TL this year….

Always hilarious to see Foolsome fans talk about how well Foolsome would do IF they played this team, or IF they would have played that team. Just schedule better and see how they do. No shame, just play the game. IF’s and BUT’s…if Foolsome had nuts…every day would be Christmas.

Folsom is a 2-3 win team in the TL at Best, assuming you would have a 7 team league with Folsom….

Their Best year would have been 2018 where Folsom probably wins 3 games but loses to MD, SJB and JSerra…. So Folsom’s Best team Ever would be 4th in the TL….

Folsom just doesn’t play a physical enough Brand of FB to Regularly win in the TL….

All you have to do is look at Los Al this year…. All hyped up with all these recruits and they get Boatraced by the #4 TL Team….

Los Al is representative of how Folsom is every year…. Lots of Skill Talent but Soft Lines…. That won’t fly in TL play because everyone has D1 talent and Big physical linemen…

The Current Rocklin Team Plays just Like a TL Team and look how that went for Folsom…. Rocklin would be competing for 4th in the TL this year….
I have alot of respect for Rocklin. I hope they get to the open and aquit themselves well. Mater Dei (who I don't like, and have the most obnoxious posters on the national board) is an absolute beast,

Your analogy of Los Al is spot on. For the most part, the guys on this board are clear headed about the current state of HS football in Calif.

I have alot of respect for Rocklin. I hope they get to the open and aquit themselves well. Mater Dei (who I don't like, and have the most obnoxious posters on the national board) is an absolute beast,

Your analogy of Los Al is spot on. For the most part, the guys on this board are clear headed about the current state of HS football in Calif.
You're hardly one to mentioned "level headed" on this forum considering your history.

You are a SoCal guy who has been trolling a NorCal forum and one program since you've gotten the sack to get on here.

Still over the course of a decade Folsom is better than Servite and it burns you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT