ADVERTISEMENT

St. Joe’s @ O’Dowd (12/5/19)

Jan 5, 2019
Think I’ll have any problem getting a ticket this afternoon? How big is the O’Dowd gym?
Thanks!

According to O'Dowd's website, no tix will be sold at the door. If there are any left, they can be bought online thru the GoFan phone app. You then would need to take your smartphone to show your app purchase at the door.

O'Dowd's gym is... well.... Tiny.

Reactions: AndThree
According to O'Dowd's website, no tix will be sold at the door. If there are any left, they can be bought online thru the GoFan phone app. You then would need to take your smartphone to show your app purchase at the door.

Thanks for the info! Also showing “sold out” on Go Fan.

St. Joe’s @ O’Dowd (12/5/19)

Wouldn’t this be 1/5/19, as in today?

About 20 minutes to game time... The Dragons’ ridiculously dinky lil gym is sold out for this long long longtime rivalry matchup.

Dragons are 5-4 after nipping SPSV by 3 a couple nights ago.

Pilots are 7-5, their most-recent game being a triple OT loss to Monte Vista at the SI Sand Dune Classic on 12/29.

The two team’s MaxPreps ranking are very close, with O’Dowd having a very slight edge. Should be a good one!

Marcskit will enjoy this reference... This gym is about the closest thing we have to the old Cuba HS gym in Kentucky...

Hmm... Game is old out... Game time... Hiw come the gym is only three-quarters full????

Even if you are able to secure a seat in that place, there is no gauantee you will have good sight lines. Most CYO gyms have more room. Great home court advantage and student section though. Love the scorers table located above the court, up a ladder.

4-3 Pilots with 1:39 left in 1st.. Dragon injured, helped off floor...

Last edited:
Quarter end with Pilots on top 6-5. Pilots are getting a lot of good looks and missing, Dragons have had almost no decent looks...

22-20 Pilots at the half... Hard defense and not-so-hot shooting, great game.

These two coaches have faced each other for years and know each orher’s game so well...

Dragons slip out in front... 37-29 end of 3. This low-scoring, it’ll be near impossible to make thus up.

Dragons score on a putback. But Julian Bond nails another 3! 44-43, Dragons leading, 1:12 left

Bond nails a wild falling back 3 at the buzzer!

What do I say? We have FREE BASKETBALL!

Jalen Thompson, freshman, coming thru big in the ckutch... 5 straight points and a couple great defensive plays... Dragons still right in it.. 51-50 Pilots

Dragons force a turnover... and score, 29 secs left... pilots get a ft... miss. 6 secs left. Dragons ball on their own end

Dragon at the line, 1 point lead.. miss. And another miss!! Pilot rebound, hurried runner... no good. Dragons win by 1

Reactions: RJ223
Nah... I like the freedom to pick and choose games... and I do tend to pick good ones pretty regularly :)

I just wish my Pilots hadn’t been so cold shooting at the start... :(

A matchup of ancient CAL basketball rivals

Reactions: nostancenochance
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT