ADVERTISEMENT

St. Mary's still reigns in SJS D1

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
If there was ever a year to knock off St. Mary's-Stockton in SJS D1, it was this year. However, the Rams finished off another section title with a 66-52 win over Bear Creek.

SMS led 30-21 at halftime before a 15-3 third quarter run

Coach G getting it done again despite a 3 seed.

All hail the King of the SJS....
True. But IMO I saw that happening before it happened. Bear Creek is a pretty good team and the coach gets all he can out of them. But SMS when healthy has the size, experience, and depth advantage. Too bad Maya Blake isn't surrounded with more depth and experience. If so Bear Creek would be a serious threat. It makes one wonder if Maya Blake should have went to SMS instead of B.C. But I know everyone is not in love with the program and/ or coach at SMS. Or they may have other reasons they choose to not attend SMS. Congratulations to SMS

True. But IMO I saw that happening before it happened. Bear Creek is a pretty good team and the coach gets all he can out of them. But SMS when healthy has the size, experience, and depth advantage. Too bad Maya Blake isn't surrounded with more depth and experience. If so Bear Creek would be a serious threat. It makes one wonder if Maya Blake should have went to SMS instead of B.C. But I know everyone is not in love with the program and/ or coach at SMS. Or they may have other reasons they choose to not attend SMS. Congratulations to SMS

Bear Creek would have had a chance if they made some shots. Mya was 9 for 27 and thats with her making 3 or 4 meaningless shots at the end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT