ADVERTISEMENT

SUNDAY RECAP OF BIG GAMES

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
The game of the week took place in Pittsburg as the Pirates walked over Serra of San mateo...The Padres gave Pittsburg a good battle, but the Pirates had too many tools to play with..Serra stayed right with Pitt to the half..
Line Score
Pittsburg.....21.....00.....24.....00.....45
Serra...……….07.....14.....00.....14.....35
BIG GAMES
Antioch playing host to CVC what looked like a Eagle victory in the making, turned into a buzz saw for CVC as Antioch built up a 27-6 half time score...But this didn't last as CVC came roaring back, scoring two TD's in the third while shutting down the Panther offense....The four quarter had to make this game the game of the week.....As Antioch led 35-28 only to have CVC score and make it 35-34....CVC went for the two point PATthat could have given CVC the lead at 36-35, but a determined Panther line kept CVC out of the end zone with over three minute left....BIG ARGUEMENT, should have CVC booted the PAT and tied the game since there was over three minutes left or go for the two Points. CVC went for the two points and it failed....Its my guess that the coached thought with over three minutes left, the CVC defense could hold Antioch while CVC got the ball back and maybe kicked a FG...In any case, CVC took their chances and it was a 50-50 chance it would work....As it turned out, it was an upset and not expected..
Line Score
Antioch.....07.....20.....00.....08.....35
CVC...……...00.....06.....15.....13.....34
Rancho Cotate came on strong in the first half and the defense held and Campolindo went down 35-21.
Line Score
Rancho Cotate…...07.....14.....07.....07.....35
Campolindo………...07.....00....07.....07.....21
Acalanes first game with Las Lomas was a 12-7 loss and a 28-27 win over Vintage...The game with Las Lomas at first didn't mean a whole lot, but the Don's found out that they were a tough bunch to deal with....And this proved as Acalanes gave Mitty a fight while loosing 22-17, shutting down the Mitty offense in the second half.
Line Score
MITTY...…….07.....15.....00.....00.....22
Acalanes…..07.....03.....00.....07.....17
And what about DLS,dumping St Francis 33-15, but, this was a hard fought game as DLS was held to 19 points in the first half, but could not muster any points to match DLS' 19..
Line Score
DeLaSalle…..07.....12.....00.....14.....33
St. Francis...00.....00.....08.....07.....15
And then there is Folsom, racking up 70 points on Chaminade, who would have thought that this would happen...
Lin Score
Folsom...…….28.....28.....07.....07.....70
Chaminade..00.....21.....07.....06.....34
And the surprise of the week was a scoring battle between John Swett and Mt. Diablo as Swett won 59-44...

The Padres actually had great plays. For maybe 4 times the Padres QB was blitzed but was able to make a short passes to their 2nd layer either Rango, Simon or Sanches who made TD runs. Pitt had no response for this repeated offense by Padres. Thats why the Padres caught up at the half 21-21 and closed the 45-21 gap in the 4th with final 45-35. There were in fact holes in Pitts big defense and they better learn how to plug them or the strong teams in the league Liberty and Antioch could outsmart them. Coaching needs to wise up!

The Padres actually had great plays. For maybe 4 times the Padres QB was blitzed but was able to make a short passes to their 2nd layer either Rango, Simon or Sanches who made TD runs. Pitt had no response for this repeated offense by Padres. Thats why the Padres caught up at the half 21-21 and closed the 45-21 gap in the 4th with final 45-35. There were in fact holes in Pitts big defense and they better learn how to plug them or the strong teams in the league Liberty and Antioch could outsmart them. Coaching needs to wise up!
That’s one way to look at it. Another is to say the defense scored 14 of Pitt’s 45. But I hear you. The last three weeks of the BVAL are going to be totally awesome

I think when Folsom played Chaminade, everyone thought Chaminade was a good team this year. They are obviously not very good as compared to past years.

I think when Folsom played Chaminade, everyone thought Chaminade was a good team this year. They are obviously not very good as compared to past years.

I disagree. Based on the posts on this forum, all I heard about was how much down Chaminade was this year and that Folsom should be crucified for even scheduling them. We’ll have to see what Chaminade can do from here on out to say if they’ve really dropped that far, but most anticipated the result that we got Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT