ADVERTISEMENT

The bids are in

ararar

Hall of Famer
Dec 8, 2012
Three sites being considered for next venue for SBG

The Los Angeles Football Club and its under construction Banc of California Stadium have made a bid to host the CIF state championship football bowl games for 2018.

The new 22,000-seat stadium is scheduled to open next spring next to the Coliseum. It’s being built specifically for soccer but can easily host football.

The CIF is set to make an announcement on the winning bid on Friday in Sacramento. The bidding is for three years.

Sacramento State has hosted the last three championships. The other bids were made by the San Jose Sports Authority that would use San Jose State’s Stadium and Cerritos College also made a bid.

The games were originally being played at StubHub in Carson before Sacramento State won the bid.

Playing at a new stadium in Los Angeles would be pretty exciting for everyone involved.

Obviously, expenses will be the key, but picking Banc of California Stadium would create lots of interest.

Reactions: Old-e
I am personally glad that Sac State didn't put a bid in. Although it is close for me, I would like to see a different venue next year.

There is a NorCal bid in the final three, so unless it is just for show, they are willing to look at NorCal locations. Sacramento area seems to have a good relationship with the CIF and it seemed like a good setting at Sacramento State.

Interested in final choice on Friday.

If bids are even relatively close the new stadium in downtown Los Angeles will get it.Its almost a no brainer If bids are close

Reactions: Old-e
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT