ADVERTISEMENT

THE OPEN---WHO HAS A CHANCE OF WINNING

And CV played a brutal schedule as well right? Murphy is probably the best at running his scheme in california maybe the nation. however, it seems they are down a bit this year BUT they in the open again. tell me one thing how does CV lose to Antioch? A great team does not lose games that they should win. Antioch lost to Liberty 52-0 and probably more but liberty called off the dogs. Yes i believe it will be a fun game to watch ad if CV goes for it on 4th down and does not extend drives that could be a killer . they cant stop liberty offense.... liberty 35-21... NEXT
I can't tell you how CV lost to Antioch. I didn't see the game, but you can't daisy chain this..it's all about match ups and styles. Like I said, I think CV presents a huge challenge with their running game. I saw Pittsburg gouge Liberty's run defense. If they don't tighten it up, it will be a long, slow, methodical game vs CV running game. Only Murphy could screw this up, which he usually always does. I personally hope Liberty wins, but I think it will be tough.

I do not think any nor cal team outside of dls could beat or hang with folsom...i think folsom beats central by 2 tds maybe 3 but 2 at least...also of pitt beats dls to win open i am sure folsom gets nod for state bowl game against most likely sjb....pitt has multiple losses and doesnt have sos as folsom does and folsom is playing at a level very few teams are outside the big 4 of sjb md cent and dls
Actually, I think Pitt and Folsom would seem to have pretty comparable SOS. BVAL and SFL are pretty comparable, because the SFL isn’t as strong this year. Folsom played DLS and Chaminade nonleague. Pitt played Corona Centennial, St Marys Stockton, and Serra San Mateo. I’m not including Clayton Valley, but they are a good team also.

Debatable. It will possibly work big time for Liberty. I think Liberty would be perfectly happy with going 10-0 vs. a mediocre schedule at best, going to NCS Open championship game and continue playing in NorCal and potentially State. They celebrated the NCS d1 championship last year (as did a lot of local media) as if it were a real championship. Same can be said for Clayton. Most D1 teams in the NCS actually. Too many teams in NCS willingly embrace their plight when it comes to DLS.
GUYS...CVC runs a double wing which give the QB a lot of difference ways to create holes in the defense that the running backs get the space to run. Back in the day, Our team ran a single wing and I was an 8 man at the time or a pulling guard that led end runs. It also gave the QB a variety of choices for a passing attack which I wonder why CVC doesn't take advantage of it. But like a lot of the guys say, Murphy is a ground attacking man...And so far it works for CVC. When the day comes when the Eagles run and pass, then we will see the Eagles of old...

Reactions: Paloma
Actually, I think Pitt and Folsom would seem to have pretty comparable SOS. BVAL and SFL are pretty comparable, because the SFL isn’t as strong this year. Folsom played DLS and Chaminade nonleague. Pitt played Corona Centennial, St Marys Stockton, and Serra San Mateo. I’m not including Clayton Valley, but they are a good team also.

Pitt’s SOS took a hit today with Serra getting pounded by St. Francis. Both Serra and St. Mary’s of Stockton are 6-4 and Vacaville went 6-5. Freedom now seems like their 2nd best win after Antioch.

This is NCS football sadly. Don’t challenge your team all year get rewarded, hope to be the loser that plays on, complain foul when you can’t beat quality teams because kids have never seen quality competition. Is it any wonder DLS has dominated for so long here?

Well said Truthhertz....Challenge early with a tougher non conference schedule to prepare later for the playoffs.
DLS's early season included Folsom, Central Catholic and St Francis, all of which were 1 loss teams (to guess who) as well as both 2 loss teams, Buchanan 10-2 and O'Dowd 9-2. When you include the #1 Nevada team, BG, these teams combined for a regular season record of 52-10.

Joey Chestnut doesn't win the Big One by snacking on a regimen of cocktail weenies and vienna sausages.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truthhertz
Pitt’s SOS took a hit today with Serra getting pounded by St. Francis. Both Serra and St. Mary’s of Stockton are 6-4 and Vacaville went 6-5. Freedom now seems like their 2nd best win after Antioch.
Yeah, but not Pitts fault those two had down years for them. Also SF played DLS this year and lost 33-15,pretty respectable. 9-1 record in the WCAL. They’re no slouch.

Yeah, but not Pitts fault those two had down years for them. Also SF played DLS this year and lost 33-15,pretty respectable. 9-1 record in the WCAL. They’re no slouch.

Agreed. They couldn’t have known each of those teams would have down years. In many years that would have been a gauntlet of a schedule.

I am rooting for Liberty personally. I just hope they don't get the short end of the stick and end up having to play Folsom for the regional game. That game will be ugly at halftime.
Welcome to the board TRUTH. I hope you enjoy your time here. You do have an uncanny resemblance to somebody that used to visit this site... Hmmmm... anyways. Can't wait to read more of your posts.

Reactions: Truthhertz
Winning the 4th place trophy? Or winning the whole thing. They have a 0% chance of beating DLS and a 20% chance of beating Liberty.

They’ve already made it to the top 4 in NCS. An upset win would likely be a runner up award and then a regional game. A loss and they end their season as a 3rd seed. Should be a good competitive game. I doubt anyone outside of Alberta Dr. is saying CVC is going to beat DLS.

Everyone and their mothers knows CV is not better than Pitt.

Most everyone, myself included, feels Pitt would win if they played again today. But that’s not going to happen unless CVC upsets Liberty and Pitt shocks the world. But everyone and their mothers know who won when they actually played on the field this year. I would love to see a rematch if they can pull off the upsets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT