ADVERTISEMENT

The Other August 17 Games

ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2006
Guys:

There are actually other games being played on August 17th! Really!

Here are a sampling:

Oak Ridge versus Lincoln (Stockton)
Granite Bay versus Monte Vista
Whitney versus Placer
Del Oro versus Amador Valley
Rocklin versus Antelope
Grant versus Davis
Pittsburgh versus Clayton Valley
Liberty versus Vacaville
Serra San Mateo versus Serra Gardena
Central Fresno versus Edison
Buchanon versus Paso Robles
Freedom versus Turlock
Sheldon versus Monterey Trail

Not a bad line up....whose the surprise loser coming out of this week?

Hers my 13 team Parlay Card! CANT WAIT FOR AUG 17TH!

Oak Ridge versus Lincoln (Stockton) ORHS
Granite Bay versus Monte Vista GB
Whitney versus Placer Placer
Del Oro versus Amador Valley AV
Rocklin versus Antelope Antelope
Grant versus Davis Grant
Pittsburgh versus Clayton Valley PiTT
Liberty versus Vacaville Liberty
Serra San Mateo versus Serra Gardena SG
Central Fresno versus Edison CF
Buchanon versus Paso Robles Buchanon
Freedom versus Turlock Freedom
Sheldon versus Monterey Trail MT

Reactions: championcif75
Placer is actually playing Pleasant Grove @ PG.Placer takes on Whitney @ Placer the following week,but still Placer @ PG still a good game.Placer returns a boatload this yr from last yrs (46-43)State loss @ Crenshaw,SoCal.Placer won last yrs game vs PG @ Placer.

Reactions: RidgeRider
Guys:

There are actually other games being played on August 17th! Really!

Here are a sampling:

Oak Ridge versus Lincoln (Stockton)
Granite Bay versus Monte Vista
Whitney versus Placer
Del Oro versus Amador Valley
Rocklin versus Antelope
Grant versus Davis
Pittsburgh versus Clayton Valley
Liberty versus Vacaville
Serra San Mateo versus Serra Gardena
Central Fresno versus Edison
Buchanon versus Paso Robles
Freedom versus Turlock
Sheldon versus Monterey Trail

Not a bad line up....whose the surprise loser coming out of this week?
I want to see the Amador Valley v DelOro game (high school friend's son is a skill player for DO and I live 5 minutes from AV) but probably going to DLS Folsom since they are same night. I can always leave DLS game if another DLS route :) LOL and still see some of the AV DO game. LOL

I wish i could go to the gb monte vista game as i live 5 min from gbhs in folsom and went to middle school in danville (my cousins went to mvhs)...but im going to the folsom dls game of course as i work in livermore...

Gb and danville, very nice towns..both very similar

I wish i could go to the gb monte vista game as i live 5 min from gbhs in folsom and went to middle school in danville (my cousins went to mvhs)...but im going to the folsom dls game of course as i work in livermore...

Gb and danville, very nice towns..both very similar
That looks like a fun game. I like Monte Vista HS field and yes - Danville is a very nice town. Great resturants and shops downtown, and the hometown of Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger of the Miracle on the Hudson.

Reactions: RidgeRider
I want to see the Amador Valley v DelOro game (high school friend's son is a skill player for DO and I live 5 minutes from AV) but probably going to DLS Folsom since they are same night. I can always leave DLS game if another DLS route :) LOL and still see some of the AV DO game. LOL

Skip the crowds and come see the 'big game' in the East Bay! :)

That looks like a fun game. I like Monte Vista HS field and yes - Danville is a very nice town. Great resturants and shops downtown, and the hometown of Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger of the Miracle on the Hudson.
Granite Bay is equally nice. One of my personal favs.

Francis you are such a homer! Go Mustangs!
baaahaha a homer...l love it.How are ya buddy?And yes I am.....Placer and SJS.How are your boys(Oakdale Mustangs) lookin this yr?Placer along with Lincoln left PVL and now enter the D3 FVL(Foothill Valley League)and will battle with Nevada Union,Ponderosa,Oakmont and Rio Linda that should be a very good league.Now that Placer and Lincoln leave PVL it now is a D5 instead of D4,cif added Marysville and Lindhurst in our places....they are going to miss that gate money,lol.Go Placer

baaahaha a homer...l love it.How are ya buddy?And yes I am.....Placer and SJS.How are your boys(Oakdale Mustangs) lookin this yr?Placer along with Lincoln left PVL and now enter the D3 FVL(Foothill Valley League)and will battle with Nevada Union,Ponderosa,Oakmont and Rio Linda that should be a very good league.Now that Placer and Lincoln leave PVL it now is a D5 instead of D4,cif added Marysville and Lindhurst in our places....they are going to miss that gate money,lol.Go Placer
Guys this how you deal with those people you take shots at on line. champ is a big time Placer homer. We used to not be particularly nice to each other. Then we got to meet in person and now I consider Francis a good friend. In fact him and his much better looking lady fixed a tailgate for Oakdale fans when we played at Placer. And then there was slug bug another one of those guys we take shots at. Slugbud is a DelOro homer. Champ and slug bug didn't get along so when Oakdale played Sac high in Sac I invited them both to the game. Then introduced them and now we're all buddies. Placer is my third favorite and Del Oro in my fourth favorite high school teams . We are all passionate about our teams and appreciate the hard work all these young men put in.

If anyone gets shut out of DLS/Folsom then swing over to Lafayette and watch MC/Campo. It won't suck.

The game will be in Moraga and should be a good one. With Marin Catholic, Rancho Cotate & Bishop O'Dowd joining Campolindo in NCS Division 2, this will finally make for a competitive division in the D2 playoffs. Both Campo & MC will be breaking in new QB's so there is plenty of intrigue in this season opening game.

Guys this how you deal with those people you take shots at on line. champ is a big time Placer homer. We used to not be particularly nice to each other. Then we got to meet in person and now I consider Francis a good friend. In fact him and his much better looking lady fixed a tailgate for Oakdale fans when we played at Placer. And then there was slug bug another one of those guys we take shots at. Slugbud is a DelOro homer. Champ and slug bug didn't get along so when Oakdale played Sac high in Sac I invited them both to the game. Then introduced them and now we're all buddies. Placer is my third favorite and Del Oro in my fourth favorite high school teams . We are all passionate about our teams and appreciate the hard work all these young men put in.
This is all true,Laurie said hi btw rock.Placer Del Oro are separated by maybe 7 or 8 miles and when these two get together it’s game on,a lot of talk and good times at the concession stands or before and after at a local bar......but it’s all in good fun and support of our teams.There are NO barriers we are free to walk around talk our talk and laugh....and congratulate when it’s over.We rarely play these days,last game was about maybe 5 or 6 yrs ago..a DO win but a Placer 1st half lead going into locker rooms,I had to get that out haha.A lot like Oakdale vs Sonora forget the div difference it’s a huge rival and ALL friends,the SJS has a lot of those rivalries whether league or non league that makes SJS very special.Good luck to all this yr and may god bless.

Rock btw Laurie goes who is Francis....lol.

no one is talking nearly enough about the Pitt/CV game... should be an awesome SUPER physical game. This is maybe the most LOADED team in Pitt history, D1 players all over the field. Normally CV can just overpower everyone but the STRENGTH of Pitt's team is their massive DL, anchored by not 1, but 2 Legit D1 DTs. The other DL are potential D1/D1FCS kids too.

I give Pitt the edge, although I will say the uniqueness of CV's offense could give them a shot.

I say Pitt wins 35-21in a game they dont run away with, but control throughout.

Reactions: cashisking18
no one is talking nearly enough about the Pitt/CV game... should be an awesome SUPER physical game. This is maybe the most LOADED team in Pitt history, D1 players all over the field. Normally CV can just overpower everyone but the STRENGTH of Pitt's team is their massive DL, anchored by not 1, but 2 Legit D1 DTs. The other DL are potential D1/D1FCS kids too.

I give Pitt the edge, although I will say the uniqueness of CV's offense could give them a shot.

I say Pitt wins 35-21in a game they dont run away with, but control throughout.
I agree. That will be a GREAT game!!!

Ok all you stat guru’s and DLS and Folsom lovers.....haha,I don’t break dn comparisons,percentages,points per game or the fact that our team ALWAYS wins when Aunt Martha from Texas is in town and goes with us to watch a game and that she’ll be in town in NorCal on 8/17/18....so there is NO way we lose........not this time.Both teams have reason to crow one (DLS)more so than the other(Folsom)because of decades of playing,competing and winning at the top level vs teams throughout the state as well as the country and the other who has enjoyed in recent YEARS tremendous success vs top level teams throughout the state.....mainly.So with that,one would automatically conclude that DLS with all those decades of victories and championships and experience against the new kid on the block would be the overwhelming favorite......and hell probably is...but I believe this yr these teams this talent.....it’s who wants the bragging rights the most.....for THIS game!Because they could meet at season’s end and the opposite my happen......so take a whack and give your best prediction.Obviously team supporters predict their team and rightfully so .....we all do!If you ask me Placer spanks both teams while taking selfie’s at halftime but that’s just me......a Placer homer(as rocknrolus)calls me,rlmao,you should all be lol as well....I hope.So here is the Champs prediction on this huge game...........drum roll.............................Folsom Bulldogs 35....DLS Spartans.....31.Best of luck to both teams and may you stay injury free.....give us a game to remember....GOD BLESS.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT