ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight's Playoff scores

Mater Dei and SJB 7-7 at halftime.

Fyi, Larry legend said no team in NorCal can come within 4-5 tds of Folsom. I assume he is excluding DLS from this prognosis.

Yes excluding DLS. (that would be a heck of a rematch) I'm talking about the playoff path that Folsom will most likely take to the state finals. The winner or OR vs MT will get smashed by 40+ and I'm willing to bet anybody who they get in the regional bowl will get the same outcome. St Mary's is a solid football team. Not as good as previous years but they had absolutely no answers. Vegas wouldn't even be putting lines on these games.

Takes two to tango. Antelope had at least 8 unnecessary roughness/unsportsmanlike and a player ejected

That doesn't surprise me at all from Antelope but this is not the first report
about "chippiness" involving Cap Christian this season.

Another big win by them.

Last edited:
That doesn't surprise me at all from Antelope but this is not the first report
about "chippiness" involving Cap Christian this season.

Another big win by them.
RR,I sincerely hope CC doesn’t pull that garbage with Placer......WE WON’t STAND FOR IT!It’s not right and it takes away from good football.BTW Placer vs River Valley was a MUD FEST last nite,traction was bad,no long runs...just ground and pound.Both teams Def rose to the occasion,both coaches know the Wing-T very well.I look for a more scoring game when Placer plays Cap Christian at Sac St next sat 11:00 am.tostart the day of football.Go Placer

RR,I sincerely hope CC doesn’t pull that garbage with Placer......WE WON’t STAND FOR IT!It’s not right and it takes away from good football.BTW Placer vs River Valley was a MUD FEST last nite,traction was bad,no long runs...just ground and pound.Both teams Def rose to the occasion,both coaches know the Wing-T very well.I look for a more scoring game when Placer plays Cap Christian at Sac St next sat 11:00 am.tostart the day of football.Go Placer

Good win last night! RV better than I thought. Hoping to watch Placer before our game at 3. Such a thrill for these boys who work so hard all year to get to play on a big stage like Hornet Stadium.

Reactions: championcif75
I just wish there was somehow that SLB, MD, and Centennial,Corona could all be in the State Games. I think in that scenario this year the south would win if all three played, although i think DLS will play Mater Dei tougher than the last two State Open Games, since they have a really good defense, and their offense now includes a passing attack.

Reactions: MaoliFighter
Good win last night! RV better than I thought. Hoping to watch Placer before our game at 3. Such a thrill for these boys who work so hard all year to get to play on a big stage like Hornet Stadium.
Thanks,RV is good,well coached,Humphers is fabulous coach and he KNOWS the WING -T,lol.Placer had one play to break it open with the TE open 30 yds dn field no one within 20 yds of him But our QB bobbled wet ball couldn’t get it out in time was batted dn,I thought that was it to ice it with Placer up 7-0 at the time .....wide open,darn it,lol.But it was a MUD BOWL traction was ZERO and control and move the chains and FIELD POSITION was huge,both teams struggled to really break open the Defenses played their butts off.A Win is a win they say and at this pt in the season ...WE’LL TAKE IT,lol.Next week I see more offense vs a very good Casey Taylor coached Capitol Christian......hoping for safe,injury free,sportsmanship type game....best of luck to both teams.Go Placer

Larry,
Folsom has just dominated teams this year! They look the part, play the part, and seemed mentally dialed in on all phases of the game; special teams, offense, and defense. It will be extremely hard to beat them at this point. Oak ridge will not stand a chance even tho they are a good team and monterey trail may have the athletes and a good enough offense to keep the ball away on long drives, but i agree larry, it might get ugly real quick, even tho ill root for MT in a close one(dont laugh, wishful thinking fellas). The only way i see folsom being challenged this year is if they;
1. Rematch with dls in the nor cal championship game. Thats means liberty would have to beat cvc and dls and get the open bid. As good as folsom is, liberty would get the bid having beat dls who beat folsom. I think? Who knows how the committee would vote.
2. Cvc beats liberty and dls and folsom is awarded the open bid. The committee will have a hard decision. Take a one lose cvc team who beat the reigning nor cal champs or take a one lose folsom team who lost to the reigning nor cal champs in week zero, but will probably be ranked higher in the polls?
3. Dls wins ncs open and gets the open bid. The loser will play Folsom. Ill take folsom in this game but i feel liberty or cvc wont be a push over as some may feel.
4. Dls wins ncs open and get the open bid. The ncs open loser plays sjs d 2 winner, while folsom and central lock up for a rematch of last years nor cal championship game? Both teams are familiar with each other and i believe this would be a really good game.
5. Monterey trail or oak ridge get locked in and play all out. Im not sure that will be enough to get a win or even make it a close game but with a championship on the line id like to see folsom challenged with some inspired play.
6. Folsom has a mental break down and the game is closer than anticipated?
Off the top of my head these are the scenarios that i came up with after reading larrys post. Im not sure if some of these scenarios are even possible? Maybe some of you more knowledgeable posters can add in your two cent?

Last edited:
Thanks,RV is good,well coached,Humphers is fabulous coach and he KNOWS the WING -T,lol.Placer had one play to break it open with the TE open 30 yds dn field no one within 20 yds of him But our QB bobbled wet ball couldn’t get it out in time was batted dn,I thought that was it to ice it with Placer up 7-0 at the time .....wide open,darn it,lol.But it was a MUD BOWL traction was ZERO and control and move the chains and FIELD POSITION was huge,both teams struggled to really break open the Defenses played their butts off.A Win is a win they say and at this pt in the season ...WE’LL TAKE IT,lol.Next week I see more offense vs a very good Casey Taylor coached Capitol Christian......hoping for safe,injury free,sportsmanship type game....best of luck to both teams.Go Placer
Was watching the Placer/RV game and thought ScoreStream was stuck and not updating. Sounded like a good game!

Placer vs Central Catholic
Placer vs Cap Christian
Quoting myself here from the “Games you would like to see” thread. I’m getting my wish with Placer vs Cap Christian:).

Will get to see back to back games at Sac State Saturday with Placer/CapChristian followed by Del Oro/CC. Does not get much better than that!

Shocking - Palma to the woodshed down 35-0 [Ugh!]. This will clearly make Aptos the favorite over winner of SHP/SHC as neither are capable of the "whup-ass" Aptos is putting on Palma. Menlo-Atherton, you catching this score??

Palma beat them earlier in the season 40-35. I wonder what happened between then and now?

Last edited:
Palma beat them earlier in the season 28-24. I wonder what happened between then and now?

Palma beat Aptos 40-35 earlier in the year. Aptos is a physical team and they came out hot. Palma had a few penalties that killed their first drive and Aptos never looked back. Pretty sure they scored on their first 3 possessions. They went up 19-0 quick and Palma never answered. The weather played in Aptos favor but Palma got outcoached and out played. Palma looked like they didn’t prep for the game at all.

In my opinion Aptos was the best team in that league. They lost to Palma on a last second defensive stop at the 1 and wide open dropped int against Salinas. Two plays was the the difference from them being 8-2 or 10-0.

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
Quoting myself here from the “Games you would like to see” thread. I’m getting my wish with Placer vs Cap Christian:).

Will get to see back to back games at Sac State Saturday with Placer/CapChristian followed by Del Oro/CC. Does not get much better than that!

Curious, whats more impressive, coach walters taking over a del oro squad and taking them to the section championship game two years in row or coach taylor taking over capital christain and guiding them to a section championship game his sophmore season? I think both are pretty good in there own right.

Was watching the Placer/RV game and thought ScoreStream was stuck and not updating. Sounded like a good game!
It was intense for sure,the conditions the field no traction,they know us well we know them......it was smash mouth ground and pound and hope for the best and not give up a game changer play for the win type game.Congrats to RV Coach Humphers and his falcons for a good year.....they are for real.Should be good game next week vs CC.Placer will more than have their hands full.....but so will CC......I hope(wink)

Last edited:
Reactions: smashmouthrick
Curious, whats more impressive, coach walters taking over a del oro squad and taking them to the section championship game two years in row or coach taylor taking over capital christain and guiding them to a section championship game his sophmore season? I think both are pretty good in there own right.
Agree Sacchiefs, CT put DO on the state radar and will do so for CapChristian, Walters built a great foundation at Liberty and is on a good trajectory for success at DO.

Good coaches, good programs, good kids, good schools and good communities and support.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
Good game. #5 from Rio Linda is a legit running back. Solid all around football player too.
And he is a JR, for god sakes,lol.We get to see him again next yr in FVL.He is lights out now.....can you imagine next yr?I believe he also led the SJS in rushing,didn’t he?Next yr he comes to Placer........I sure hope it pours cats and dogs none stop.......ALL GAME!Haha

Last edited:
And he is a JR, for god sakes,lol.We get to see him again next yr in FVL.He is lights out now.....can you imagine next yr?I believe he also led the SJS in rushing,didn’t he?Next yr he comes to Placer........I sure hope it pours cats and dogs none stop.......ALL GAME!Haha

I checked his stats out. Placer seems like the only team to shut him down. Says he had like 11 carries for 74 yards. Wondering why such low usage? I’d assume against a team like placer hed get the rock north of 30 times. You remember what that was all about?

Interested to see him the rest of the way this year and next year. He’s got good size and speed. His best attribute to me is he can make someone miss in a phone booth. He’s impressive.

Reactions: concrete17
Palma beat Aptos 40-35 earlier in the year. Aptos is a physical team and they came out hot. Palma had a few penalties that killed their first drive and Aptos never looked back. Pretty sure they scored on their first 3 possessions. They went up 19-0 quick and Palma never answered. The weather played in Aptos favor but Palma got outcoached and out played. Palma looked like they didn’t prep for the game at all.

In my opinion Aptos was the best team in that league. They lost to Palma on a last second defensive stop at the 1 and wide open dropped int against Salinas. Two plays was the the difference from them being 8-2 or 10-0.
Thanks for the correction. Call me a Mariners fan when they play Prep.

I checked his stats out. Placer seems like the only team to shut him down. Says he had like 11 carries for 74 yards. Wondering why such low usage? I’d assume against a team like placer hed get the rock north of 30 times. You remember what that was all about?

Interested to see him the rest of the way this year and next year. He’s got good size and speed. His best attribute to me is he can make someone miss in a phone booth. He’s impressive.

The kid is phenomenal Placer bottled him up at RL pretty well,he had difficult time getting outside on Placer and turning the corner but the few he did,wow.He also played in slot and his speed and athleticism got him behind secondary a couple times for scores......your right tho give this kid a lil light and watch out,you’ll be reading his name and number from behind......because that’s all you will see!Tremendously gifted rb/athlete.

Last edited:
Reactions: slick58
San Marin 49, St. Bernards 47 F
Moreau 53, SPSV 28 4Q
SRV 21, Monte Vista 17 F
CN 56, Encinal 21 F
Liberty 42, CVC 14 F
El Cerrito 44, Miramonte 21 F
Freedom 41, Amador Valley 22 4Q
Las Lomas 42, Terra Linda 0 F
Campo 49, Ukiah 14 F
Cal 17, San Leandro 7 F
BOD 49, Benicia 14 F
Fortuna 28, Kennedy 6 2Q

Last edited:
Not surprised especially playing in the SFL. OR is very solid. If they keep the ball and grind iGt out they can win.

Good game so far. I really like how coach ewing is coaching up his kids by running on the field during the time outs. I love seeing a coach actual coach instead of screaming and pointing fingers at his kids. Anyones game and i wouldnt be suprised if this one comes down to the last play or even goes into overtime.

Rancho Cotati blasting American Canyon 28-7.
Cardinal Newman spanking Encinal. 49-7

I keep saying these schools are going to plow through playoffs if they get the chance.

Reactions: slick58
Good game so far. I really like how coach ewing is coaching up his kids by running on the field during the time outs. I love seeing a coach actual coach instead of screaming and pointing fingers at his kids. Anyones game and i wouldnt be suprised if this one comes down to the last play or even goes into overtime.

Yeah good stuff. Love good HS games. Sadly I think the winner gets a death sentence in Folsom.

We had a close game at the half until the Oak Ridge Coach got too cute with the special package after halftime. 28-14 MT now. Let’s see how they respond

[B said:
"thehookup55,[/B] post: 217801, member: 1442"]So much for this one being close

While you don't know until the actual game is played I posted prior that all the stats pointed to a mismatch with Carmel rolling. Gonzales schedule was ultra-weak compared to Carmel's...

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT