ADVERTISEMENT

Top Teams in Section

HoopGuy03

Board Regular
Feb 5, 2018
Since SJS is by far the strongest section ill start with them first to do the Top teams from each section.

SJS
1. Sheldon
2. MC
3. Capital Christian
4. Weston Ranch
5. Grant
6. Vanden
7. Franklin (EG)
8. Folsom
9. Jesuit
10. Sac Hi

Bubble teams - Rocklin, SMS, Central Catholic, Edison, Liberty Ranch, Davis

NCS -
1. Salesian
2. BOD
3. DLS
4. DV
5. Campo
6. Dublin
7. Monte Vista
8. SPSV
9. M. Catholic
10. SJND

Bubble Teams - Branson, San Leandro, James Logan, CN, Stuart Hall

At this point Capital and Weston would battle for 2nd spot. MC is obliterated with injury . Devin Day out, Pearson been hurt and Cif ruling on clayton all heavy blows to MC

Reactions: Mr. Direct
I know it’s only summer/Fall ball but they have struggled mightily that’s even with playing Clayton. They have nowhere near nine ringers this year.

SJS is loaded. I think it is still Sheldon and Mc until somebody knocks them off. Didn’t MC beat Sheldon in the summer? The last 2 D1 championship games have been between them. I do agree the gap is smaller. Capital and Weston ranch are right there. A little bit of a drop off then the next group Jesuit,Vanden,Grant,Folsom, Franklin.

NCS

My top 4
Salesian
O’Dowd
De La Salle
Campolindo

Next group Dublin,DV, Moreau

CCS

Mitty and Riordan then everybody else (I do like Bellarmine)

I agree re: Weston Ranch. Only two seniors were really rotation players on last year's terrific team, neither were big stars (tho one did score almost 10ppg). They add a strong-looking big, about 6'7"... Gives Gavin Wilburn more freedom to roam both offensively and defensively.

Only drawback is the fact their JV and Freshman teams won only one game between them, at least of those games that made it to MaxPreps. Not likely anyone from those teams will do much more than warm the bench this year... thins their rotation a little.

Gonna be a real fun year in NorCal this year; there might be as many as 15-20 teams with a truly legit shot at getting all the way to NorCal Open where they get to try their chances versus heavy favored Sheldon. And with so many fine teams just-missing Open once the dust clears, D1 will be terrific too.

Since SJS is by far the strongest section ill start with them first to do the Top teams from each section.

SJS
1. Sheldon
2. MC
3. Capital Christian
4. Weston Ranch
5. Grant
6. Vanden
7. Franklin (EG)
8. Folsom
9. Jesuit
10. Sac Hi

Bubble teams - Rocklin, SMS, Central Catholic, Edison, Liberty Ranch, Davis

NCS -
1. Salesian
2. BOD
3. DLS
4. DV
5. Campo
6. Dublin
7. Monte Vista
8. SPSV
9. M. Catholic
10. SJND

Bubble Teams - Branson, San Leandro, James Logan, CN, Stuart

SJS
1 Sheldon
2 Weston Ranch
3 Capital Christian
4 Grant
5 Modesto Christian
6 Vanden
7 Folsom
8 Sac Hi
9 Franklin
10 Jesuit
BUBBLE TEAMS ????????

NCS
1 Salesian
2 DLS
3 BOD
4 DV
5 Dublin
6 Monte Vista
7 Campolinda
8 M Catholic
9 SJND
10 SPSV

BUBBLE TEAMS ????????

Last edited:
I also know Whitney has a lot of returning players.

French does a great job at Whitney with his up tempo style rotating 10-12 kids a game. But I think Rocklin is going to be right there with Folsom in the SFL and could do some damage in d2. They have a really good group of players coming thru that school and are well coached. Varsity won 27 games last year. Jv was 25-1 and fresh were loaded.

Some of the top small school(D4 and D5) teams to watch in the NCS:
Stuart Hall(D5)
University(up to D4 from D5)
Branson(D4)
Clear Lake(D5)
St. Mary's(D4)
Cornerstone Christian(up to D5 from D6)

All of these teams from what I can tell have several contributing returning players to very successful teams from last year. They've also lost several quality seniors which can be tough to rebound from in small schools, but these teams should be at the top of each division.

A team to watch out of the Sjs is Elk Grove, a year away, from making real noise, but they are going to upset some folk. Also Sac hi has starting guard Micah Kelly has an injury that will affect them early in the year.

A team to watch out of the Sjs is Elk Grove, a year away, from making real noise, but they are going to upset some folk. Also Sac hi has starting guard Micah Kelly has an injury that will affect them early in the year.
Elk Grove has 2 quality players, Amere & the big guy. The other guys are too small.

Elk Grove has 2 quality players, Amere & the big guy. The other guys are too small.
Disagree . Aaron guillard is small but is a bucket. Also if his grades allow the brother of former player deon Stewart think his name is De Aron is lengthy and can also play.

Reactions: mhope32
Disagree . Aaron guillard is small but is a bucket. Also if his grades allow the brother of former player deon Stewart think his name is De Aron is lengthy and can also play.
True, Gillard is a baller, he plays hard. not sure who Stewart, have to see him in person!
They are all quality players, to be frank, but making a deep run, looking into their class of 2022, my opinion, too small!
Which kid is your son?

Reactions: CoachDViks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT