ADVERTISEMENT

U of W vs. Auburn

Califfbfan

Superstar
Jul 6, 2018
I hope that Jake Browning can start connecting on passes. Auburn has an active pass rush and Browning's lack of foot speed could be a problem.

Go Pac 12!!

Browning being a statue hurts Washington auburn playing man all game shows you how much they doesn’t respect browining athleticism

Reactions: slick58
U of W O-Line is not helping him out much and they cannot get any running game going.... They are right in this if they can score though!... Go Pac 12!!!

Looks like we got a game! A couple beautiful throws by Jake Browning! If his O line holds up they can win this!

Dont forget Ariel Ngata from Folsom on the Washington D line!

Go UW!

Last edited:
Reactions: Deltadodger
What a catch by UW Receiver in the end zone! 15-13 Auburn with 43 seconds to go in the half!... Great Game!!!

Looks like we got a game! A couple beautiful throws by Jake Browning! If his O line holds up they can win this!

Dont forger Ariel Ngata from Folsom on the Washington D line!

Go UW!

He does throw the best fade I ever saw at a high skool level and it looks just as good in college I wish he could move a little and punish auburn for getting away with play a cover 2 man all game

Reactions: cashisking18
Browning being a statue hurts Washington auburn playing man all game shows you how much they doesn’t respect browining athleticism

So funny you say that because the coaches at UW think he’s the second coming of Jamelle Holieway running the option with him in the red zone. That was stupid. Auburn is way too fast for that.

Kicker just banked one in! 16-15 Huskies!

So funny you say that because the coaches at UW think he’s the second coming of Jamelle Holieway running the option with him in the red zone. That was stupid. Auburn is way too fast for that.

Kicker just banked one in! 16-15 Huskies!

Moore2.0 very good game manager tho. But to get to the level Washington is trying to reach they need a qb that can threaten to run.

To bad browning is a statue only if he had a pinch of athleticism. Washington will be better with Jacob
Coaches are idiots. A QB option!? What a joke. Browning is a pocket passer. If his offensive line sucks he looks very ordinary as do most QBs.

Reactions: THEOC89
Jake has the mobility of an oak tree, which is why they lost.
They lost because of their O line and play calling.

Jake actually made some first downs with his legs. Anyone who knows football and has seen Jake play knows that calling a QB for him near the goal line is not his strength.

I agree bad play calling at the end of the game. Browning is indeed a pocket passer. Don't think his game will translate in the NFL.

Horrendous play calling. Browning didn't lose that game for them. I think Wash can run the table if they clean it up though. Basically played a road game on national TV against an SEC powerhouse and blew it.

Browning will get a chance to play in the league. Not saying he's a starter but he can be on a roster.

Washington's Defense deserved a win in that game, their offense let them down... The O-Line play and play calling was the issue... Going to be very difficult in the Pac-12 North with Oregon and Stanford... Their defense is legit but they are bound to have a down game and they better hope it is not against one of those 2 teams....

Man Washington missed so many opportunities and have no one to blame except themselves.
. Red Zone 4 times in second half and had 1 FG to show for it. Still, I think turning point of the game was that obvious targeting/roughing penalty on Browning that was blantantly missed on that 3rd down with about 10 min to go in game and Washington up a point with all the momentum. If that call is made (and it really was a obvious miss) Washington has another 1st down at midfield, instead Auburn takes the ball afer the pint and drives down for winning score.

I think Washington was honestly better than Auburn! But Washington made too many mistakes and didn't score in the red zone. Gotta credit Auburn. Big teams win big games.

I dunno. Washington’s OLine was dominated pretty thoroughly IMHO, and that was the difference. Huskies couldn’t run, and had a lot of difficulty protecting Jake. I think teams were pretty even and game could’ve gone either way.
I think Auburns play calling sucked too...they should’ve been running the ball a lot more, as they were having success

Washington’s OLine was dominated pretty thoroughly IMHO
That was the difference in the game right there.

Defensively, Washington showed very well. If the O-line was up to par, Washington would have had no problem winning that game. Unfortunately, Auburn is a very physical SEC team that PAC 12 teams simply don't see on a regular basis. A different degree of physicality.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
Better team lost that game. I know plenty of people who don't know Jake Browning or have any affiliation with UW and they all said the same thing. Blown opportunities. If you are going to lose its not a bad thing to do it game #1, against SEC, on National TV. UW season is still very much intact. Don't panic.

Reactions: cashisking18
Wasn’t saying browning was the reason they lost but auburn should’ve paid for playing a vanilla defense all Game cover 2 man, but they got away with it cause browning could barely outrun their defensive linemen. Washington ran the sand plays all game the stretch zone run it a play they should’ve been went away from or atleast throw the play action that comes off that play. I actually liked that option play called it was open and it was unpredictable but browning ran it like he never practiced it. 4 years and Washington hasn’t realize browning freezes up like manning if a defender gets close to him. Washington could’ve won by a couple scores if browning is mobile because auburn played man all game knowing the qb was a statue

Wasn’t saying browning was the reason they lost but auburn should’ve paid for playing a vanilla defense all Game cover 2 man, but they got away with it cause browning could barely outrun their defensive linemen. Washington ran the sand plays all game the stretch zone run it a play they should’ve been went away from or atleast throw the play action that comes off that play. I actually liked that option play called it was open and it was unpredictable but browning ran it like he never practiced it. 4 years and Washington hasn’t realize browning freezes up like manning if a defender gets close to him. Washington could’ve won by a couple scores if browning is mobile because auburn played man all game knowing the qb was a statue

Browning seems to have the same issues in college he had in high school, he does not fair well against the top competition... He does some things well, but if he was really Elite, he would have been in the NFL draft this year like his peers Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen...

Obviously he is good enough to be a 4 year starter at Washington which is an incredibly impressive accomplishment that not many college football players can put on their resume! But it also, doesn't seem like U of W is overflowing with QB talent so who knows what to make of that... Great QB's raise the level of their team and a great QB would have won that game.... Look at Baker Mayfield, he was a walk on and look what he did in college....

I could be completely wrong about this and hopefully for him I am.... If you compare him to Rosen, Browning has had a way better defense, running back, receivers and an overall more talented team but he just doesn't stand out and hasn't won any big games against top teams ever... With Rosen he really stood out on the field with less talent and terrible coaching and won no big games, but he looked awesome out there and without him UCLA was garbage.... And Darnold won an epic Rose bowl game as a Red-shirt freshman when he had great talent around him...

If Browning was replaced I would bet there would be little drop off, Maybe 9 - 3 vs 10 - 2 but certainty not a national championship contender... I just don't see Washington beating Oregon, Stanford and USC in the Pac 12 Title game.... Auburn will not come close to winning the SEC either, I was not impressed with them at all... If they can't run the ball against a PAC 12 team, they have no chance in the SEC...

And think about this, when U of W went to the playoff with Browning the Pac 12 was way down, Colorado played them in the conference championship game instead of USC.... He has not beaten USC...

Hopefully someone in the PAC 12 goes undefeated because if they don't, no way they get into the playoff... I am a huge PAC 12 fan and can't stand the SEC so I am hoping for the best... Its just not going to be Browning and the Huskies, they blew it on Saturday by not converting in the red zone...

Reactions: RidgeRider
The funny thing is, we all agree Browning isn't really a mobile quarterback. He is a classic drop back quarterback. But because they know the Washington O-Line will not be that great facing SEC like D-Lines, they try to adapt Browning into doing things that don't really suite him (the option play, some of the designed runs, etc...) That is just not his strong suite. If you give him time, he is one of the best there is, but there lies the problem. The time. I still think UW has a GREAT shot of winning the PAC-12 and having a shot at the playoff if they win out and Auburn does well. It is a long shot IMO, but possible. Even so, against an SEC type defense, he will look very ordinary because he will be running for his life all game. Just the sad truth.

Jake has had an amazing career. Started as a true freshman, set every record imaginable at UW, not to mention shattering every national passing record in HS. Took his team to the CFPs as the #4 seed one year. Huge feat for him and that program. UW was nothing, and kind of a joke, before he got there if you think about it. They have been a powerhouse in the Pac-12 and a CFP contender since he got there. Very impressive.

Can't say enough good things about the kid. Stays off social media. Great student. Great family. He is just one of those kids that is a straight up winner. He just wins. Something to be proud of in wherever his future takes him.

It would be very interesting to see him take down JT Daniels and USC in the Pac-12 title game. Would make a few posters on this forum mighty uptight! LOL!

BTW- enjoying some banter with you @Deltadodger! You are one of the few people that managed to stay off my ignore list! Hope all is well with you!

Go Jake!

Last edited:
The funny thing is, we all agree Browning isn't really a mobile quarterback. He is a classic drop back quarterback. But because they know the Washington O-Line will not be that great facing SEC like D-Lines, they try to adapt Browning into doing things that don't really suite him (the option play, some of the designed runs, etc...) That is just not his strong suite. If you give him time, he is one of the best there is, but there lies the problem. The time. I still think UW has a GREAT shot of winning the PAC-12 and having a shot at the playoff if they win out and Auburn does well. It is a long shot IMO, but possible. Even so, against an SEC type defense, he will look very ordinary because he will be running for his life all game. Just the sad truth.

Jake has had an amazing career. Started as a true freshman, set every record imaginable at UW, not to mention shattering every national passing record in HS. Took his team to the CFPs as the #4 seed one year. Huge feat for him and that program. UW was nothing, and kind of a joke, before he got there if you think about it. They have been a powerhouse in the Pac-12 and a CFP contender since he got there. Very impressive.

Can't say enough good things about the kid. Stays off social media. Great student. Great family. He is just one of those kids that is a straight up winner. He just wins. Something to be proud of in wherever his future takes him.

It would be very interesting to see him take down JT Daniels and USC in the Pac-12 title game. Would make a few posters on this forum mighty uptight! LOL!

BTW- enjoying some banter with you @Deltadodger! You are one of the few people that managed to stay off my ignore list! Hope all is well with you!

Go Jake!

I actually liked that option play being called they probably should’ve had a wr motion in from that side and let him run across the formation to give the defense something to overthink at the last minute

In 2014 I was amazed of how accurate he was in pre game perfect fade routes every time. I think since we got this folsom train rolling maybe Folsom can send us a qb lol naw it’s fun getting on folsom cause I know they are doing things the right way and I feel if grant can find a way to run their program the same way it’ll be good for the area. Sacramento football is better when grant is good

In 2014 I was amazed of how accurate he was in pre game perfect fade routes every time.
He is one of the most accurate passers I have ever seen. Just pure passing.

I think since we got this folsom train rolling maybe Folsom can send us a qb lol
Hey, they are out there! You have the program, and the QBs start to find their way over to you. But in all honesty, besides Bennett, Browning, and Graves, the others have been total system QBs.

I feel if grant can find a way to run their program the same way it’ll be good for the area. Sacramento football is better when grant is good
Agreed. Will be great for the SFL if this happens. My only concern right now is a few years of non-success and they may retreat back to another league. I hope that is not the case and they stick it out long term.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
UW was nothing, and kind of a joke, before he got there if you think about it. They have been a powerhouse in the Pac-12 and a CFP contender since he got there. Very impressive.

Since Browning got there or since Peterson took over? I suspect its more of the latter. Sark also had the program turning around before leaving.

He is one of the most accurate passers I have ever seen. Just pure passing.

Hey, they are out there! You have the program, and the QBs start to find their way over to you. But in all honesty, besides Bennett, Browning, and Graves, the others have been total system QBs.

Agreed. Will be great for the SFL if this happens. My only concern right now is a few years of non-success and they may retreat back to another league. I hope that is not the case and they stick it out long term.

Lol grant wouldn’t leave the league due to not being competitive that’s crazy to even think that. They haven’t won a section since 2014, hasn’t had a real Dominant team in 8 years. That’s hasn’t stopped them from trying to schedule good games they had a series set for Trinity of Kentucky a nationally ranked team but the deal didn’t fall through. You’ll see why can’t isnt grant of the past. Grant is in its own way. Similar to Pitts situation

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT