ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Frank Allocco

Great coach and it sounds like its a great gig for him. I have a lot of USF Alumni in my family and friends. Glad to see some of the glory days coming back.

Reactions: concrete17
Nice write up. Stories like this is what gives the Bay Area/NorCal that small town feel. The history and lines of sport connections that go out in every direction from the past into the future.

The first time I ever saw Allocco was when my kid was a freshman at DLS. We went to a basketball game together. Clearly the Spartans weren't playing all that well the 1st period and I kept hearing this periodic, slapping, pounding sound particularly when the other team had the ball.

Finally by halftime I figured it out. Coach Frank was standing by the team bench, tapping or stomping his size 12, wood soled shoe on the floor boards every time one of his players missed an assignment, was out of position or turned over the ball.

Sure he has mellowed somewhat at USF since as I recall the tapping and stomping had decreased significantly his last few years at DLS. Good luck to him and USF. Sure the next level is where he wants to be now.

Last edited:
There used to be a fun game of guessing how many shoe stomps Allocco would have.

I haven't seen a coach who focused on the details as well as he did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT