ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 Scoreboard

Honestly, no SFL teams other Folsom have played DLS, Serra non league. I think Folsom could and should run the table in SFL. They have all the weapons, they have vasltly improved their physicality on defense and have a ton of atheletes.

That's not to say that several SFL teams don't have a chance. I think Oak Ridge Has the best shot, Rocklin next, Del Oro and even Granite Bay.

Also, my reference to the grind is simpy "none of us are getting out of this unscathed". The weight of Folsoms schedule alone is inclined to to take on heavy fire. You always hope for good health but all teams contend with next man up syndrome and that alone can change the outcome of games.

Reactions: bella123
Remember, Rocklin didn’t have their starting QB in that 2021 game. So they weren’t the better version, right?

Reeve Sloan isn’t yet what Kenny Lueth was as a SR, but he’s better than Joey Roberts.

I do agree with you about Del Oro. I’ve seen them twice this year and don’t think they have enough beyond Pinnick and Poe. The defense is spotty.
I had forgot that Kenny was hurt before that game. They were rolling midway through that year.

Remember, Rocklin didn’t have their starting QB in that 2021 game. So they weren’t the better version, right?

Reeve Sloan isn’t yet what Kenny Lueth was as a SR, but he’s better than Joey Roberts.

I do agree with you about Del Oro. I’ve seen them twice this year and don’t think they have enough beyond Pinnick and Poe. The defense is spotty.

I think OR line play will keep them close to Folsom. They are dominant and have equally or More the college level players up front. The serra and DLS scores in which Folsom lost are misleading also. Folsom was further away from a win then the 7 point spread. DLS dominated last night without throwing more than 5 passes.

Remember OR lost to Folsom last year in section champ 21-13 and it was 6-0 Folsom late in 3rd. Folsom isn’t nearly as good as last year. Not even close. I would argue OR is similar to last year but there biggest gap is at QB.
Lyons right now is one of the weaker QB Folsom has had. I’m not saying college potential. I’m saying today as a Hs QB. That’s a fact.

This is game of year in SJS. This game will sell out.

I think OR line play will keep them close to Folsom. They are dominant and have equally or More the college level players up front. The serra and DLS scores in which Folsom lost are misleading also. Folsom was further away from a win then the 7 point spread. DLS dominated last night without throwing more than 5 passes.

Remember OR lost to Folsom last year in section champ 21-13 and it was 6-0 Folsom late in 3rd. Folsom isn’t nearly as good as last year. Not even close. I would argue OR is similar to last year but there biggest gap is at QB.
Lyons right now is one of the weaker QB Folsom has had. I’m not saying college potential. I’m saying today as a Hs QB. That’s a fact.

This is game of year in SJS. This game will sell out.
Lyons is just a sophomore, I think he'll be very good eventually. Folsom line play doesn't look as strong as it has been in recent seasons, which makes them look more vulnerable than they've been in years. DLS simply controlled the LOS on them. Folsom defense played well I thought, but they were just on the field most of the game. Got worn down as the game went on.They managed to keep DLS out of the end zone pretty well, considering how close DLS was to scoring on various occasions

Lyons is just a sophomore, I think he'll be very good eventually. Folsom line play doesn't look as strong as it has been in recent seasons, which makes them look more vulnerable than they've been in years. DLS simply controlled the LOS on them. Folsom defense played well I thought, but they were just on the field most of the game. Got worn down as the game went on.They managed to keep DLS out of the end zone pretty well, considering how close DLS was to scoring on various occasions
Lyons is a great athlete. He’s also a JR who was held back at marble valley per the super 8 express. He’s way more hype than production right now. That’s all I’m saying.

If serra, Folsom, OR, and st marys are best 4 in norcal it’s really a bad year at the top. I’ve never seen a weaker top 4.

Lyons is a great athlete. He’s also a JR who was held back at marble valley per the super 8 express. He’s way more hype than production right now. That’s all I’m saying.

If serra, Folsom, OR, and st marys are best 4 in norcal it’s really a bad year at the top. I’ve never seen a weaker top 4.
Serra is very good this season. The others not so much. Serra let their foot off the gas against Folsom imo. Their defense is nails.

Folsom and DLS will be better next season while Serra will be worse.

So wait, is he academically a junior this year or because he was super 8 his age matches a junior. Interesting...

So wait, is he academically a junior this year or because he was super 8 his age matches a junior. Interesting...
He was held back in 8th again. Marble valley out of EDH where Lyons lives (LDS owned) is a factory for promoting another year. It’s a scam. So he should be in 11th grade.
Lots of Kids take advantage of this. Nothing to do with academics. It’s all athletic motivated.

He was held back in 8th again. Marble valley out of EDH where Lyons lives (LDS owned) is a factory for promoting another year. It’s a scam. So he should be in 11th grade.
Lots of Kids take advantage of this. Nothing to do with academics. It’s all athletic motivated.
Sounds alot like ALA?

Gonna have to put DLS in there as well.Serra is the best of this bunch, but DLS has shown they can beat the others in this list

Reactions: THEOC89

Interesting. He looks like a holdback. Looked too big and physical for a true sophomore.

Riordan is looking good against SI. 41-27 7:23 4Q. I will be adjusting my opinion of AR after this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
2 first half Riordan turnovers gave SI short fields inside the the red zone for TDS and made the game unnecessarily close. Impressed with the freshman RB who powered for 5 TDs. Game was chippy throughout. Lots to clean up but a good start for Riordan.

Last edited:
Honestly, no SFL teams other Folsom have played DLS, Serra non league. I think Folsom could and should run the table in SFL. They have all the weapons, they have vasltly improved their physicality on defense and have a ton of atheletes.

Eh, I think you’re giving them too much credit for past success. Just judging on this season, I don’t see a team that should run any tables. That doesn’t mean they can’t or won’t do it, but I’m just not seeing any reasons for such a high level of confidence.

DLS ain’t the the DLS from years ago. Hell, they’ve lost 6 games in NorCal the past 2 seasons and got shutout by a NorCal team for the first time since the 70’s. So let’s not give Folsom too much credit for only losing to the Spartans by 7 points.

Serra has been really good the past 2 seasons, but even they are a flawed team, especially on offense.

There’s no super elite team in NorCal nor has their been one for several years now. Folsom is still drawing good players from around the region based upon the reputation they’ve built the past 13 years, but like DLS the talent level and separation isn’t what it used to be.

Folsom is good on both sides of the ball, but they lack the special play makers of previous teams. They are very beatable, just as they’ve been the past couple seasons.

Eh, I think you’re giving them too much credit for past success. Just judging on this season, I don’t see a team that should run any tables. That doesn’t mean they can’t or won’t do it, but I’m just not seeing any reasons for such a high level of confidence.

DLS ain’t the the DLS from years ago. Hell, they’ve lost 6 games in NorCal the past 2 seasons and got shutout by a NorCal team for the first time since the 70’s. So let’s not give Folsom too much credit for only losing to the Spartans by 7 points.

Serra has been really good the past 2 seasons, but even they are a flawed team, especially on offense.

There’s no super elite team in NorCal nor has their been one for several years now. Folsom is still drawing good players from around the region based upon the reputation they’ve built the past 13 years, but like DLS the talent level and separation isn’t what it used to be.

Folsom is good on both sides of the ball, but they lack the special play makers of previous teams. They are very beatable, just as they’ve been the past couple seasons.
Maybe some credit being given for past seasons but they have a better resume in terms of non-league opponents than the rest of the SFL pack.

One things for sure, if I was a highly recruited WR/TE/RB hopeful and my QB is running the ball 19 times a game I'm looking for the exit.

Isn't the Rocklin QB, Sloan a true sophomore? Saw some of him on NFHS the other night, has a knack for making plays.....

Isn't the Rocklin QB, Sloan a true sophomore? Saw some of him on NFHS the other night, has a knack for making plays.....
@ThunderRam would know but I caught him in honor bowl and I really like him. He’s a good one.

Yes, he’s a Sophomore. From what I understand, the upper-classman QB was involved in some drama with another student (already brought up and discussed in other threads) so they decided to bring up and play Reeve Sloan. He’s thrown 11 TD’s to only 1 INT so far this season.

The kid has a live arm and can run it too. Some of RHS’s better play makers are Juniors too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT