ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 Scoreboard

Final: DLS 14-7 over Folsom Bulldogs. DLS the better team and Folsom simply could not stop the Spartan run game, IMO DLS also out-coached Folsom as a number of questionable play calls: ie: first 1/2 Bulldogs had some momentum going and early in game go for it on 4th and goal from the 8 ??? Folsom stopped along with whatever momentum they had going into the 1/2. Game somewhat even, but DLS more conservative play approach proved to be the Bulldogs downfall.

After Rams punt the ball, Bishop Amat throws a pick 6 to St. Mary’s Adam Taylor (transfer from Stagg). That should do it!

St. Mary’s 41 Bishop Amat 25 with 1:21 left in the game.

PAT was blocked.

Bishop Amat scores a passing TD to get the Lancers closer. One minute remaining, SM 41 BA 31 with failed 2pt conversion.

Reactions: concrete17
Final: DLS 14-7 over Folsom Bulldogs. DLS the better team and Folsom simply could not stop the Spartan run game, IMO DLS also out-coached Folsom as a number of questionable play calls: ie: first 1/2 Bulldogs had some momentum going and early in game go for it on 4th and goal from the 8 ??? Folsom stopped along with whatever momentum they had going into the 1/2. Game somewhat even, but DLS more conservative play approach proved to be the Bulldogs downfall.
According to the Stream Team, DLS also won the contest of possession and clock crunching. Spartans TOP 32 minutes vs the Bulldogs TOP @ 15 minutes.

Head scratcher for sure. He’s having a bad game. Gotta give credit to DLS putting pressure on him all game. Makes no sense to keep running with him when you have way better athletes.
How are you not getting ball to Brian Ray? He’s a nightmare matchup. Folsom needs a redo on offense next week be Oak Ridge. That isn’t going to work.

Reactions: THEOC89
Not me, watched the Tracy films all week, and that is a one tough team right there. Rocklin really needed a 4 qtr game. Now flush everything they (Rocklin) learned about flexbone. Kudos to Tracy, they are a well run class act.
If there is a team in TCAL that St. Mary’s needs to be concerned with, it will be Tracy. Again, Tracy played St. Mary’s tough in the first half last year at St. Mary’s, down only 27-28 before the Rams exploded in the 2nd half winning 63-33. Tracy will be hosting the Rams in 3 weeks on 10/13. Lincoln-Stockton barely got by beating East Union 27-26 and lost big to Downey 33-50 and to Del Oro 7-39. I believe the streak for the Rams have over the Trojans will continue. But, the game vs Tracy could be good one.

You think so? I will still say Folsom goes undefeated in SFL play.

I think Rocklin has a good shot at counterfeiting that prediction.

They play very good defense and can threaten Folsom’s defense via both the pass and run — which none of the Bulldogs opponents thus far have been able to do.

RHS is a young team though, with lots to learn.

I agree with you in Folsom running the table in league. It won’t be as dominant as some past years but still have a good shot of doing it.

Based on style of play, I think Rocklin would have the best shot to beat them
Just curious what you’re seeing this season that’s drastically different than say 2021 when Folsom lost twice in league?

I don’t see Folsom having the explosive play makers on offense that they’d had previously.

Just curious what you’re seeing this season that’s drastically different than say 2021 when Folsom lost twice in league?

I don’t see Folsom having the explosive play makers on offense that they’d had previously.
Those two losses also came without their starting QB. While Lyons is still growing into the role, they are better set up at that position than they were in league play in 2021.

Also think in general, Folsom is a more physical team than they were in 2021. While Folsom has taken some steps back from their peak under Richardson and company, I do think they have become more physical overall.

And then this is projecting out but I think the 2021 versions of Rocklin (with their starting QB) and Granite Bay are better than this years versions. I don’t think it is a great matchup for Oak Ridge and I don’t think Del Oro has enough outside of Pinnick.

And then this is projecting out but I think the 2021 versions of Rocklin (with their starting QB) and Granite Bay are better than this years versions. I don’t think it is a great matchup for Oak Ridge and I don’t think Del Oro has enough outside of Pinnick.

Remember, Rocklin didn’t have their starting QB in that 2021 game. So they weren’t the better version, right?

Reeve Sloan isn’t yet what Kenny Lueth was as a SR, but he’s better than Joey Roberts.

I do agree with you about Del Oro. I’ve seen them twice this year and don’t think they have enough beyond Pinnick and Poe. The defense is spotty.

You think so? I will still say Folsom goes undefeated in SFL play.
I think the Oak Ridge game will be interesting, moreso than Rocklin and Del Oro. Both DLS and Serra are very good teams. The Bulldogs played fairly well against both, but they seem to lack that playmaker they've had in the past. Shut out twice in the first half this year?

Reactions: Santa Ball
According to the Stream Team, DLS also won the contest of possession and clock crunching. Spartans TOP 32 minutes vs the Bulldogs TOP @ 15 minutes.
Watched it on NFHS.DLS controlled this game from start to finish.Very methodical and workman like.Just steady 4,5,6 yards per carry.Surprised at how little offense Folsom generated.Also thimk playimg a team like St Marys the week before helped DLS prep for this one.Looks like they defended Folsom the same way they defended St Marys.IN both cases,the QB was the only consistent weapon.Final score doesnt really show how dominant DLS was

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT