ADVERTISEMENT

Where is Badgley?

He’s at the all star weekend. Tremendous teammate

I have a question for you because this doesn’t make sense to me but to you it obsviously makes a ton of sense.

Is your family less important then high school basketball?

Reactions: meezymo
I have a question for you because this doesn’t make sense to me but to you it obsviously makes a ton of sense.

that is such a great question.... with an obvious answer.... unless you will never have to make the choice then you can be critical of anothers choice

Is the Sheldon vs Oak Ridge game at Sheldon? I say that because I know this game was played at Davis and Sheldon was penalized for the forfeits. Oak Ridge looked very good last night against Jesuit. Still with our without Bagley Sheldon is double digits favorite. Def more interesting game seems like its the MC vs Folsom.

If he were playing in college, would he miss his BigEast, ACC, etc conference game? If it were the state championship? Whatever that answer is, is the real answer. If yes, then cool. I’ll believe the family unity argument. If no, then it’s disrespectful and he missed because “it’s only Davis” or “its only high school.” Every family makes their own decisions on matters so I’m not saying what should have happened.

There is no loyalty anymore. If Bagley got traded the family moves with him that day to the next stop. Sheldon got lucky he was drafted by Sac. Don't kid yourself. He needs to build the brand this weekend at All Star Weekend. He could care less about his "teammates" They change as often as the weather.
What is a real cool story is the SRV video that I believe Kiddmann just posted. Kids that grew up with each other from grade school winning a state title. Now that is news worthy.

We just live in a new age nowadays. People play for the name on their back versus the name on the front of the jersey he is hurt and he wanted to see his brother at All star weekend. It would be hard for me to coach in this era because i was raised different, its just a different world we live in and we have to respect what others do.

It is education based sports. None of this really matters in the short or long term. This is not a job and he is not being paid.

So from what I've read here, young Bagley is healthy but decided ghost the team and go to Charlotte to build his brand. Is that the basics of this story?

His brother made the rising stars challenge. That’s a huge accomplishment. If that was my brother I would be there to support him as well. This has nothing to do with Highschool basketball and everything to do with family. Has nothing to do with loyalty and everything to do with family. How does Marcus being at all star weekend help BUILD THE BRAND? Even though the rising stars game isn’t that big of a game, it’s still a huge accomplishment that most of us will never have a chance of competing in. They went as a family, this is not a big deal.

You guys are acting like the media. Searching for any story you can find

Reactions: Renard Monroe
His brother made the rising stars challenge. That’s a huge accomplishment. If that was my brother I would be there to support him as well. This has nothing to do with Highschool basketball and everything to do with family. Has nothing to do with loyalty and everything to do with family. How does Marcus being at all star weekend help BUILD THE BRAND? Even though the rising stars game isn’t that big of a game, it’s still a huge accomplishment that most of us will never have a chance of competing in. They went as a family, this is not a big deal.

You guys are acting like the media. Searching for any story you can find

The Bagleys should have just put young Marcus up at the Sawyer for the weekend. Room service and all. Marvin is in the NBA, he could care less about his family being there for a meaningless game right? They could have also done the classic move and dumped him off on another family. Would have made for a nice getaway for Mr. And Mrs Bagley to not have to have their 17 y/o son on vacation. Didn't you know, loyalty starts with your high school basketball team first, family second. For some people, god fits in there too, but it's definitely after high school team.

All sarcasm aside, it speaks to a bigger problem of how people view elite athletes. A growing number of people view elite athletes as more of a commodity than actual human beings with lives separate from the sports they play.

First this is 2019, not 2000 or 1990. When a high school athlete is considered elite like Bagley, they call the shots. If they want to miss a meaningless game against a sub-par opponent, thats the cost of having one of these five-star prospects. Do I agree with it? No. But that doesn't change anything. Bagley will probably return for the rest of the games this season, and help lead Sheldon to the NorCal Finals where they will go one-on-one with Salesian.

But can't get mad at a kid for missing a game, this was kind of a big deal. I'm sure if they were playing a Salesian's or Modesto Christian, he probably would have stayed behind and played.

Reactions: Coach_Fields
First this is 2019, not 2000 or 1990. When a high school athlete is considered elite like Bagley, they call the shots. If they want to miss a meaningless game against a sub-par opponent, thats the cost of having one of these five-star prospects. Do I agree with it? No. But that doesn't change anything. Bagley will probably return for the rest of the games this season, and help lead Sheldon to the NorCal Finals where they will go one-on-one with Salesian.

But can't get mad at a kid for missing a game, this was kind of a big deal. I'm sure if they were playing a Salesian's or Modesto Christian, he probably would have stayed behind and played.
100..... i am quite sure him missing the game was with the blessing of the coach and completely understood... this is an opportunity MOST would not miss. there might never be another chance.

Marcus went out in the first quarter against Elk Grove and didn’t return. Was in street clothes the first playoff game vs Modesto. Go on YouTube and watch the highlights. He was still injured and had a choice of being a sideline cheerleader at Davis or go to Allstar weekend . I’m sure most anyone would choose the later.
Basketball subtraction -23 .... your comment of Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Do you know the young man . Why are we talking trash about a 17 yr old kid. How do you know if he chose to go or was told “You are going” . Furthermore have you witnessed his actions ? He cheers for his teammates when he’s not in the game or can’t play. He gets them water in timeouts . He smiles a lot. He doesn’t trash talk . Seems like a good kid. The family including Marvin are at every game he’s in town . He and Marcus stay after and take photos and sign autographs for an extended time with opposing fans players and cheerleaders. All good kids. So what’s your point

Last edited:
Marcus went out in the first quarter against Elk Grove and didn’t return. Was in street clothes the first playoff game vs Modesto. Go on YouTube and watch the highlights. He was still injured and had a choice of being a sideline cheerleader at Davis or go to Allstar weekend . I’m sure most anyone would choose the later.
Basketball subtraction -23 .... your comment of Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Do you know the young man . Why are we talking trash about a 17 yr old kid. How do you know if he chose to go or was told “You are going” . Furthermore have you witnessed his actions ? He cheers for his teammates when he’s not or can’t play. He gets them water in timeouts . He smiles a lot. He doesn’t trash talk . Seems like a good kid. The family including Marvin are at every game he’s in town . He and Marcus stay after and take photos and sign autographs for an extended time with opposing fans players and cheerleaders. All good kids. So what’s your point

I agree. 100%

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT