ADVERTISEMENT

Why are is there NO THREAD about DLS getting pummeled on national TV!?

I know this is a hot take- and I know it will upset some. But DLS is not immune to criticism on this forum, as is no one else.

DLS got absolutely steamrolled on national TV last night AT HOME, and hardly a peep about it.

After they play Folsom, they will have three losses and not make an SBG game. The time has come.

Contrary to popular belief, I was hoping for a DLS win. West coast bias I guess. I was actually shocked they got embarrassed like that on national TV. Not having a QB or top tier athletes has really exposed them this year. They just can't run the veer and win. Other teams have much better athletes and lines then they do this year.

Sorry- but it's over for them this year.
So in looking at your post on this topic you seem to talk like this is a loss of the century for DLS. Over the years they have been dominated on both sides of the ball by multiple schools and despite the score was never In the game in any if these matches. Obviously what comes to mind, Bellevue, STA, DBP, MD, SJB. All these schools made DLS look bad and just normal, so why is this loss so much of more significance than other big losses they had in the past

Honestly I would need to see a consistency of DLS not winning NCS before I would be quick to say the Juggernaut has come to an end. As of now this team is no different than the 04 team. They did horrible early on and eventually made something of a bad season. It's still early so let's see how this season plays out before calling an end to any dynasties

So in looking at your post on this topic you seem to talk like this is a loss of the century for DLS. Over the years they have been dominated on both sides of the ball by multiple schools and despite the score was never In the game in any if these matches. Obviously what comes to mind, Bellevue, STA, DBP, MD, SJB. All these schools made DLS look bad and just normal, so why is this loss so much of more significance than other big losses they had in the past
Probably a young'un... Under 40 maybe.

I guess there was no thread on DLS getting pummeled, just like there was no real thread 8-9 years ago when DLS beat Folsom by what, 60-70 points two years in a row.

If you truly feel you’ve got some sort of valid point, why the need for extreme hyperbole?

Once you exaggerate a point, you’re signaling that you don’t really have a good one. Or are just trolling.

Which is it? Because it’s not hard to be accurate.

2012: 49-15
2013: 45-17

IDK from which schools you learned basic math but there are no 60-70 point spreads there.

Nor have there been in the games played since.

Folsom homer gets a lot of flack around here — and deservedly so — but most of you Folsom haters are equally as bad.

Last edited:
I feel very neutral heading into the showdown. Over the years I’ve appreciated what Folsom has done. Personally I was a big fan of Dano Graves and those teams. How could you not like that kid? I respect the program and at times I wasn’t happy about some of the stat sheet stuffing but it doesn’t detract from their greatness.
On the DLS side what can you say. It’s the Notre Dame brand. You either love them or hate them with a passion. I respect the hell out of the program. I’ve played against them and never won (hoops too).

Many of us have talked about this.. the gap has shrunk over the years and it makes sense with the migration of families into the SJS from Bay Area.

I think it will be a fantastic game. DLS rarely gives up points so i don’t see this into the 30’s. I might be wrong but I could see a 28-21 type affair. I will put over /under at a low 50. I got DLS and I’m not a homer and I’m pissed I will be at OR vs Rocklin so I beg you to post often!

A big loss yes.

The St Francis Lancers was bigger. SFA was sort of expected in some ways.

Bigger issue is 2- bout to be 3 losses on the season.

If you truly feel you’ve got some sort of valid point, why the need for extreme hyperbole?

Once you exaggerate a point, you’re signaling that you don’t really have a good one. Or are just trolling.

IDK from which schools you learned basic math but there are no 60-70 point spreads there.

Folsom homer gets a lot of flack around here — and deservedly so — but most of you Folsom haters are equally as bad.
I'm sure he knew there weren't 60-70 point differences. His point was those two wins were decisive. There hasn't been anybody who's posted about Folsom constantly the way Folsom homer has posted about DLS. People have RESPONDED, but that's different. That's like saying a guy that starts a fight and throws the first blows is the same as the guy who he started the conflict with. Responding to an attack doesn't make anyone the same as the aggressor/ initiator

Reactions: Truthhertz
This DLS-Folsom squabble is unhealthy. The real monster is MD and mini-monster is SJB. Thats the real dragon you want to sleigh.
Agree, but those monsters are untouchable by anyone in the North or South. And you could say the rest of the nation. Though I'd like to see MD vs St Frances Academy just for the entertainment value

Reactions: THEOC89 and NCS707
I see St. Frances moved up one spot to #18 in the national rankings following their win over DLS.

Folsom homer started this ridiculous STUPID thread that somehow got to 4 pages. DLS lost to SFA by 14 points. I’m not sure but I don’t think Folsom has ever lost to DLS by less then 14 points and I haven’t seen any DLS fans start a thread about it. I just feel there’s a lot better things to talk about.

Pasty's campaign could really backfire. Because of how s/he profiles this game, Folsom will appear as a mediocre winner or as a colossal loser.
The Folsom win will be HUGE.

1. Folsom to open
2. 1st win against DLS
3. DLS third loss on season
4. Folsom to open
5. New sheriff in town

A HUGGGGE winner 🏆

1. Folsom to open
2. 1st win against DLS
4. Folsom to open
5. New sheriff in town

A HUGGGGE winner 🏆
Nice to see ya pasty. You been kinda quiet this week, thought you'd be more active heading into the big game.

1. Folsom to open
2. 1st win against DLS
4. Folsom to open
5. New sheriff in town

A HUGGGGE winner 🏆
❔ Maybe - Your history in this thread would disagree. But as for the general public, probably.

1st win against DLS
⚠️
Yes, if Folsom wins.

DLS third loss on season
⚠️
Yes, but only if Folsom wins.

New sheriff in town
✅ Yep, IF Folsom wins, they will the new sheriff in town - But which town? Reasonably only the SJS "town" which they are close to owning now anyway. But they definitely will not be "crowned" the sheriff of the "NorCal" town. That crown still belongs to St. Francis of the CCS WCAL. SF has beat DLS 3 times in the historical NorCal showdowns. Folsom has a ways to go for that title. Now if Folsom can beat both DLS and SF in this season, you will be vindicated. But I doubt this year's bowl brackets will match up that way. But if you need to crown a "New Sheriff," that title goes to St. Francis for now even if Folsom beats DLS.

Folsom to Open
❌❔❌That probability is still unknown.
✔️Folsom still has to beat DLS and other teams in route to the SJS D1 Championship.
✔️St. Francis still has to LOSE to Serra or some other team on its route to the CCS D1 Championship.
✔️If somehow both SF and Folsom get to the end of of their sectional play unscathed, the CIF SBG Committee has a bid decision to make for the SBG Open bowl slot between the two teams.

A HUGGGGE winner 🏆
By whom... For DLS, this will be big win. Folsom, it will be a "give me" win.

Last edited:
HopefullY Folsom gets the win and goes on to the OPEN game....Then play a real team and see what happens to them vs, MD or SJB..........All I hear are excuses...
Ah, so the great state of CA only has TWO "real teams" and they are MD and SJB?

Comical- even for someone like you. Still bitter after 10 years of whoopins.

❔ Maybe - Your history in this thread would disagree. But as for the general public, probably.

1st win against DLS
⚠️
Yes, if Folsom wins.

DLS third loss on season
⚠️
Yes, but only if Folsom wins.

New sheriff in town
✅ Yep, IF Folsom wins, they will the new sheriff in town - But which town? Reasonably only the SJS "town" which are they are close to owning now anyway. But they definitely will not be "crowned" the sheriff of the "NorCal" town. That crown still belongs to St. Francis of the CCS WCAL. SF has beat DLS 3 times in the historical NorCal showdowns. Folsom has a ways to go for that title. Now if Folsom can beat both DLS and SF in this season, you will be vindicated. But I doubt this year's bowl brackets will match up that way. But if you need to crown a "New Sheriff," that title goes to St. Francis for now even if Folsom beat DLS.

Folsom to Open
❌❔❌That probability is still unknown.
✔️Folsom still has to beat DLS and other teams in route to the SJS D1 Championship.
✔️St. Francis still has to LOSE to Serra or some other team on its route to the CCS D1 Championship.
✔️If somehow both SF and Folsom get to the end of of their sectional play unscathed, the CIF SBG Committee has a bid decision to make for the SBG Open bowl slot between the two teams.

A HUGGGGE winner 🏆
By whom... For DLS, this will be big win. Folsom, it will be a "give me" win.
A lot of assumptions.

But when Folsom beats DLS, no one else is beating them. IF St. Francis goes undefeated, Folsom will get the bid. Why? Because they are Folsom. No one is sending a WCAL team to the open. That may rattle some feathers I'm sure, but it's truth.

And the Folsom win will be huge. Funny seeing some posters staying in the shadows or trying to downplay the possible Folsom win. I am sure if Folsom loses, they will appear in full force.

Lastly- Go Folsom!

A lot of assumptions.

But when Folsom beats DLS, no one else is beating them. IF St. Francis goes undefeated, Folsom will get the bid. Why? Because they are Folsom. No one is sending a WCAL team to the open. That may rattle some feathers I'm sure, but it's truth.

And the Folsom win will be huge. Funny seeing some posters staying in the shadows or trying to downplay the possible Folsom win. I am sure if Folsom loses, they will appear in full force.

Lastly- Go Folsom !

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
I'm sure he knew there weren't 60-70 point differences. His point was those two wins were decisive. There hasn't been anybody who's posted about Folsom constantly the way Folsom homer has posted about DLS. People have RESPONDED, but that's different. That's like saying a guy that starts a fight and throws the first blows is the same as the guy who he started the conflict with. Responding to an attack doesn't make anyone the same as the aggressor/ initiator

None of this diminishes my points.

There’s no need to exaggerate unless you don’t have a strong point and Folsom hater / DLS homer is just as ridiculous, insecure and annoying as Folsom homer.

That is all.

The 2021 season could turn out to be a very unique year. All of the focus seems to be on who will rep the north in the open game, while automatically giving the south open to the MD/SJB winner. Yeah that is definitely a strong possibility, because it's been that way for the past few years. However, I wouldn't be suprised to see an "all public school" open championship game this year between Folsom vs Centennial. Folsom has to obviously beat DLS, win out, and get the bid. Meanwhile, Centennial may have to beat both, MD and SJB to get the bid. If true, Id love to see this match up! Bragging rights on the line for the best public high school football program in the state. Plus a state/national championship .

I could also see a St Francis vs Servite open championship game? St Francis is still in the drivers seat, esp if DLS beats Folsom. Lots of football left, but for the North, things will be a little more clear after friday night. Meanwhile Servite would have to possibly beat MD and SJB twice, along with Centennial. I wouldnt be suprised to see a one or two lose team (Servite) win the PAC 5 championship and go on to the open.

I can also see the season being called off early due to covid issues. Fingers crossed that doesnt happen!

Somebody’s feelwings got hurt?

• Haha
Reactions: remc and THEOC89
Pasty's campaign could really backfire. Because of how s/he profiles this game, Folsom will appear as a mediocre winner or as a colossal loser.
Well I'm just getting active on this forum again after being off of it for almost 2 years, but I can see some things don't change and the Folsom Clown from 2 years ago is now Patsy. I can't remember all the different names he went by last time I was on, but it's clearly the same person lol

My point was that had DLS left their first string in, those two games would have seen DLS score 70-80 points in each game.

Reactions: THEOC89
Developing story… will weather /wind impact Folsom high octane passing? Breezy and cold today. It won’t be wet but wind can be a pain.

It is too bad tickets are sold out...i could never seem to find them online...i guess i should have called...will be a great game

Yep - its true...
Listen to the assumptions:

A. The Folsom win will be HUGE.
1. Folsom to open
2. 1st win against DLS
4. Folsom to open
5. New sheriff in town
Assumptions now.

Facts upon a win tonight. We don't have to wait long.

Reactions: FBAddict
Reactions: concrete17
In the beginning it was brutal to watch a game on the NFHS network, but I'd say now, with the pandemic, its been a lifesaver. Even with some of the flaws
Agree...........
As long as they have enough Dixie cups strung together, 11 brazillion feet of extension cords from the local Bob and Mary's hardware and hair salon and the camera operator's guide dogs are well fed and on point ....... then the NFHS streaming/broadcast will be watchable.

Reactions: Sacchiefs and MC415
Just jerking your chain NFHS Warriors
Sacchiefs is point on. The NFHS has made tolerable, no ..watchable improvements. I actually enjoy your productions and commentaries and the occasional replays. Now just figure how to post current time lines,downs and quarters at the bottom of the screen.
Best sub $11.00 I spend a month next to the 12 bucks budgeted for the artery plugging 7-11 morning rooster rooting egg & chorizo,bacon,BBQ, bean burrito washed down with a choco cola. (Why won't anybody ride with me?)

Just home from work & pulled up game DLS 21-0 up on mighty Folsom....

If this keeps up you do know what's comin' your way Pasty right? Ha, ha, just kiddin' and preppin' you for what's to come if this holds up.. it could be merciless indeed..

BTW even I am surprised based upon all the hype Folsom has gotten .... but then again why should this season be any different than any other .... after all it is DLS, Lol!

Let's see how rest of game plays out..

Reactions: NCS707
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT