ADVERTISEMENT

Why are is there NO THREAD about DLS getting pummeled on national TV!?

pastyfastquick3

Hall of Famer
Aug 26, 2019
I know this is a hot take- and I know it will upset some. But DLS is not immune to criticism on this forum, as is no one else.

DLS got absolutely steamrolled on national TV last night AT HOME, and hardly a peep about it.

After they play Folsom, they will have three losses and not make an SBG game. The time has come.

Contrary to popular belief, I was hoping for a DLS win. West coast bias I guess. I was actually shocked they got embarrassed like that on national TV. Not having a QB or top tier athletes has really exposed them this year. They just can't run the veer and win. Other teams have much better athletes and lines then they do this year.

Sorry- but it's over for them this year.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I know this is a hot take- and I know it will upset some. But DLS is not immune to criticism on this forum, as is no one else.

DLS got absolutely steamrolled on national TV last night AT HOME, and hardly a peep about it.

After they play Folsom, they will have three losses and not make an SBG game. The time has come.

Contrary to popular belief, I was hoping for a DLS win. West coast bias I guess. I was actually shocked they got embarrassed like that on national TV. Not having a QB or top tier athletes has really exposed them this year. They just can't run the veer and win. Other teams have much better athletes and lines then they do this year.

It wasn't that big a deal because of the situation. They weren't expected to beat Saint Frances. It' not like it was the 149th game in a row or anything. Losing to the Lancers and their 400-pound linemen was a bigger deal than last night's loss. All DLS did is cost me two points in the Pick 'em.

Reactions: concrete17
You are kidding right? I really hope so, because that is pure kool-aid drinking with extra sugar.
No. If this loss happened during their winning streak, it would have been a much bigger deal. I remember back to the beginning of it. The St. Francis win was more significant than last night's loss.

No. If this loss happened during their winning streak, it would have been a much bigger deal. I remember back to the beginning of it. The St. Francis win was more significant than last night's loss.
The streak only ended a few weeks ago lol

I think the beginning of the end of DLS is being downplayed

Reactions: Paloma

Because most people talked about it on the week 6 scores thread. There was plenty of negative takes on there.

Because most people talked about it on the week 6 scores thread. There was plenty of negative takes on there.
I just got done reading that whole thread and saw ONE person say something remotely negative about DLS, followed by the same banter (one poster) propping them up. I think we are obviously seeing different things. If you are a huge DLS fan, just say it. It's not a big deal.

I think it's a shame that SFA dominated DLS the way they did and someone tried to inject "outside factors" such as sportsmanship to diminish the domination. SFA dominated DLS.

These are comments I pulled from PAGE 1 of that thread. I see A LOT of NEGATIVITY. Again on PAGE 1 of the thread. If your angle is to be intentionally uninformed, that's fine. But I mean, it is right in front of your face. And also, there are a lot of interests on this board outide of DLS and/or Folsom. Lot of football that likes to get talked about around Northern California. Open your eyes and you might find some good conversations. I find it every Friday night and during the week.

Up 14-7, St Frances looking very confident. DLS struggling to defend the pass or move the ball offensively

Impressed with SFA QB. Hard to believe he is a soph. DLS is in trouble

Yep, he's making St Frances impossible for DLS to defend. Great arm. Getting easy short and medium throws

Just popped into the DLS game after Jeopardy…. Looks like Sparty is in jeopardy bigtime.

Sparty way overmatched. The Folsom psycho may be right about next week.

SFA talent wise is just another level then DLS

This is ugly. Does Sparty have more than 50 yards on offense? Sparty must be scared of the speed because they are playing 10-15 yards off the receivers and the poor tackling doesn't help.

Never seen DLS outmatched like this, not in the 40 years I've watched them. Not even the more recent Mater Dei and SJB teams dominated them like this

DLS defense is getting destroyed.

The outcome of last nights game was not a surprise. They have a college team who plays a national schedule. Totally different level than. DLS.

These are comments I pulled from PAGE 1 of that thread. I see A LOT of NEGATIVITY. Again on PAGE 1 of the thread. If your angle is to be intentionally uninformed, that's fine. But I mean, it is right in front of your face. And also, there are a lot of interests on this board outide of DLS and/or Folsom. Lot of football that likes to get talked about around Northern California. Open your eyes and you might find some good conversations. I find it every Friday night and during the week.

Up 14-7, St Frances looking very confident. DLS struggling to defend the pass or move the ball offensively

Yep, he's making St Frances impossible for DLS to defend. Great arm. Getting easy short and medium throws

Just popped into the DLS game after Jeopardy…. Looks like Sparty is in jeopardy bigtime.

This is ugly. Does Sparty have more than 50 yards on offense? Sparty must be scared of the speed because they are playing 10-15 yards off the receivers and the poor tackling doesn't help.

Never seen DLS outmatched like this, not in the 40 years I've watched them. Not even the more recent Mater Dei and SJB teams dominated them like this

DLS defense is getting destroyed.
I don't see that as negativity. Those were facts of the game.

Agree on the interest of members on the board. I follow many of the games on here and appreciate many of the updates outside the box.

The streak only ended a few weeks ago lol

I think the beginning of the end of DLS is being downplayed
Hardly, doubtful, maybe, probably no.

If I ate a hot dog*** everytime smeone posted about the beginning of the end od DLS I would no longer be a Lucky 13 yr member poster to this site.
(*** Recent University of Michigan study shows that eating a hot dog subtracts 36 minutes of overall projected lifespan) Like Joey Chestnut I'll take my chances and live gastronomically on the Wild Side....

Any way, apologies For my digression...
My memory only goes back to 2004 WHEN Bellevue HS t-boned the Spartans' 151, 12 year win streak OR
2006 WHEN SoCal underdog Canyon Country upset De La 27-13 in the Inaugural State Bowl game at the Oakland Coliseum OR
2009 WHEN Don Bosco Prep-NJ handed DLS its worst defeat since 1979 Or
WHEN in the early 2000's a new Principal was appointed who appeared to emphasize more support for academics while relegating athletics to the back seat, OR
WHEN Coach Ladaceur began speaking of stepping away from his coaching duties OR
WHEN Mater Dei and Don Bosco raised the open enrollment stakes in the last few years taking advantage of So Cal's rich talent pool.

And I am sure there are many other instances of "I told you so" Or "the writing is on the wall or scoreboard" for all to see.
Yes the coaching staff is undergoing an evolution with a lot of retirements in the past couple years, but the critical underlying Program Foundations are still in tact, the Administration is still strongly supportive, the players seem to be buying into the Spartan team philosophy with their parents still having their kids' and coaches backs.
I am none of the above but still work around All of the Above and the sense I get is that the last couple of years was disruptive to All of the Above as it has been for all our State's HS's . DLS'S programs have been historically slow out of the starting blocs but once the Machine gets moving, greased and tuned it will be humming along just fine.
Last night thru chance conversations with again All of the Above I sensed apprehension about upcoming SFA game. More than once I heard something to the effect "Don't Lose....... either Win or Learn"

Save the handwringing for periodic application of your own hand sanitizers as needed.

I don't see that as negativity. Those were facts of the game.

Agree on the interest of members on the board. I follow many of the games on here and appreciate many of the updates outside the box.
What you may mean about being properly negative - just guessing here... Oh wow, see how much better Folsom is than DLS because look at the beating DLS are taking at the hands of SFA. I obviously hate DLS now because the wise counsel of the Folsom prophet Pasty.

Yes the coaching staff is undergoing an evolution with a lot of retirements in the past couple years, but the critical underlying Program Foundations are still in tact, the Administration is still strongly supportive, the players seem to be buying into the Spartan team philosophy with their parents still having their kids' and coaches backs.
I am none of the above but still work around All of the Above and the sense I get is that the last couple of years was disruptive to All of the Above as it has been for all our State's HS's . DLS'S programs have been historically slow out of the starting blocs but once the Machine gets moving, greased and tuned it will be humming along just fine.
Good to hear from someone a little closer to the innerworkings than me. Transitions always create change - sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. It is good to have mentoring on hand, but no one will be Lad and no one will be Edison.

What you may mean about being properly negative - just guessing here... Oh wow, see how much better Folsom is than DLS because look at the beating DLS are taking at the hands of SFA. I obviously hate DLS now because the wise counsel of the Folsom prophet Pasty.
1. I never mentioned Folsom
2. I don't hate DLS
3. Folsom is a leg above DLS this year so it's irrelevant anyways.

Your post reveals your obvious bias though.

No matter how much it is downplayed- It IS a big deal. DLS has lost games, yes. But not in that fashion where they were literally bludgeoned to death on national TV.

If I ate a hot dog*** everytime smeone posted about the beginning of the end od DLS I would no longer be a Lucky 13 yr member poster to this site.
But when was DLS ever whopped like that ever? Especially in front of a national audience? They haven't taken that bad of a beating even in the SBGs against the giants of transfer country. It is a big deal.

A few notes about the national rankings now.

19. Folsom
75. Rocklin
80. St Francis (MV)
83. DLS

I've been saying Rocklin is better than DLS all year.

Oh finally you are catching on - I just don't like the tone of your posts!
I should elaborate further - it really doesn't matter to me who is better - De La Salle or Folsom. If fact, I kinda hope Folsom beats DLS this year. But because of my bias against your posts, I blindly wish (as biases will do) for DLS to beat Folsom for your sake. It's really cool in the end though because either way, Folsom winning or DLS winning, I win.

I should elaborate further - it really doesn't matter to me who is better - De La Salle or Folsom. If fact, I kinda hope Folsom beats DLS this year. But because of my bias against your posts, I blindly wish (as biases will do) for DLS to beat Folsom for your sake. It's really cool in the end though because either way, Folsom winning or DLS winning, I win.
You shouldn't let the tone of posters affect your life. It isn't that serious.

Folsom will beat DLS. Don't worry- we can minimize the loss on here after the game.

• Haha
Reactions: FBAddict
You shouldn't let the tone of posters affect your life. It isn't that serious.

Folsom will beat DLS. Don't worry- we can minimize the loss on here after the game.
Patsy, I rarely post on here these days. I posted quite a bit back when I was involved with a high school basketball team who to this day has rich history.

And maybe that is why nobody bashes De La Salle. Their is not a football team in this country that will ever come close to what they have achieved. They have tremendous pride in all sports. Trust me I have been in their gym 100 times watching a basketball machine as well.

Maybe it is Folsom’s time, but if that is the case then let’s see them load the schedule up with teams from Texas, Jersey, So Cal, Washington, Florida, not De La Salle which is obviously one of the least talented teams they have ever had. I’m 2019 they rolled you. In 2018 they blanked you. In 2013 they beat the snot out of you. In 2012 the same.

And looking back to 2010 Folsom never played any power house out of state nor invited a powerhouse.

So being a basketball junkie and one of many who has followed this site for years, do you really think if you give De La Salle their third loss of the year the 20 year plus veterans are going to suddenly go oh my God De La Salle is done and Folsom is going to run Northern California for the next 20 years. Get the hell out of here.

Your win next weekend if that is the case is far from passing the torch in Northern California especially when it is because you handed someone their third loss. It means your the best team in Nor Cal most likely.

Start putting some national championship trophies in the trophy room, start lining up out of state powerhouses, and how about just winning 1/3 of the most unreal streak which only takes 50. Then yes Folsom especially if they beat De La year after year will be recognized as the next De La Salle.

Until then how about being a little humble and proving something year after year similar to De La Salle. Until you think the people who get it should be bashing De La Salle. And in closing so we don’t laugh when you say “I am not a hater.” Downright Comedy

First of all, I don't have any stake in the Folsom-De La Salle conversation. Folsom deserves some criticism for not scheduling games against good So Cal teams (and maybe they've tried, I don't know) but on a national basis I don't know. Folsom does not have the national image that De La Salle does. These games are expensive; would ESPN pony up money for them? I have no idea how much it would cost for a team to travel to So Cal to take on a good team. How much would it cost to travel to Texas for a game? There is a mystique and national identity for De La Salle (even though the Southern California semi-college teams have far surpassed them, although it's doubtful they will have a book and movie made about them) that Folsom will never have. But, they can certainly improve their status by beating DLS and upgrading their scheduling in the future. And, if they end up in the Open bowl game, putting up a good showing before being totally munched by whoever survives down there.

Reactions: FBAddict
I think the reason why people arent just “blasting” DLS for the loss to SFA is for the same reason folks aren’t blasting inferior teams who are dominated by MD or SJB..there are just certain teams who very few can compete with and while DLS normally could compete with SFA...DLS just isnt its normal self this year. ...i also think that the loss to SFMV allowed folks to consider the possibility that DLS may find itself in a very unfamiliar position with the possibility of 3 or more losses before a SBG....

i also think as good as Rocklin is, I think you cannot at this point put them above DLS...absolutely no way. I think for this week you can make an argument that it is Folsom, Serra, SF, DLS, Rocklin or Bellarmine (I cannot recall if they won or lost)....and if you look at the fact that Folsom was up 51-6 at half against DO and Rocklin beat DLS 36-9 after 4 quarters, then there is no way Rocklin is ahead of DLS. In fact, I will go out on a limb and say Rocklin loses by 30 + to Folsom and unless Folsom dominates DLS like SFA...then DLS and Folsom will be a much closer outcome than Folsom vs Rocklin...
Additionally, we know Folsom is better than Rocklin but yet at the same time Folsom HAS to beat DLS...there are absolutely no excuses for Folsom to lose...the pressure is on Folsom and while I support Folsom fully I feel much more comfortable playing Rocklin than DLS. I think Folsom will surprise folks and beat DLS by more than a TD with 16 seconds left...but even if they do, I will reserve crowning Rocklin better than DLS until I see the outcome of Folsom’s game against both teams.

DLS has earned their reputation and very rarely have they truly been dominated in the last 20 years. I think the DLS team this year is more prone to that years prior. How would Rocklin fair against SFA...not any better than DLS especially because Rocklin is not used to playing any team close to the level of SFA, whereas DLS has that experience...Folsom itself probably only has had 3 or 4 teams in its history who could compete with the SFA team that just beat up DLS and again that was a SFA team against a weaker DLS team.

lastly, should Folsom beat DLS this Fri, that still doesn’t mean that the torched has past to Folsom as new number 1 in NorCal going forward...DLS has had much longer sustained success than Folsom and Folsom or any team in hs football history...as good as MD and SJB are, they would have to be the top two the next 20 years to replace DLS at the top of CA history...but even in that, there is an asterisk because of their level of recruiting and today’s hs football landscape vs what DLS has done over the years

To the three of you that followed my comment, you are all spot on. I don’t think anybody takes anything away from Folsom, however this is like if some 22 year old came in the ring and knocked out say Floyd Mayweather. Sure it is impressive, but a true legacy is built with consistency and reputation. And until someone in Nor Cal repeats or even sniffs the completion they play including teams from the WCAL which I failed to mention in my post, the headline “how come nobody talks about De La Salle got pummeled on national TV” is pathetic

Reactions: remc and THEOC89
Patsy, I rarely post on here these days. I posted quite a bit back when I was involved with a high school basketball team who to this day has rich history.

And maybe that is why nobody bashes De La Salle. Their is not a football team in this country that will ever come close to what they have achieved. They have tremendous pride in all sports. Trust me I have been in their gym 100 times watching a basketball machine as well.

Maybe it is Folsom’s time, but if that is the case then let’s see them load the schedule up with teams from Texas, Jersey, So Cal, Washington, Florida, not De La Salle which is obviously one of the least talented teams they have ever had. I’m 2019 they rolled you. In 2018 they blanked you. In 2013 they beat the snot out of you. In 2012 the same.

And looking back to 2010 Folsom never played any power house out of state nor invited a powerhouse.

So being a basketball junkie and one of many who has followed this site for years, do you really think if you give De La Salle their third loss of the year the 20 year plus veterans are going to suddenly go oh my God De La Salle is done and Folsom is going to run Northern California for the next 20 years. Get the hell out of here.

Your win next weekend if that is the case is far from passing the torch in Northern California especially when it is because you handed someone their third loss. It means your the best team in Nor Cal most likely.

Start putting some national championship trophies in the trophy room, start lining up out of state powerhouses, and how about just winning 1/3 of the most unreal streak which only takes 50. Then yes Folsom especially if they beat De La year after year will be recognized as the next De La Salle.

Until then how about being a little humble and proving something year after year similar to De La Salle. Until you think the people who get it should be bashing De La Salle. And in closing so we don’t laugh when you say “I am not a hater.” Downright Comedy
Go back and re-read my post. It will help with your confusion.

1. I said I was actually hoping DLS would win (cheering for them, west coast boas)
2. The point to my post was NOT to bash DLS, but simply bring up the fact they got PUMMELED on national TV.

My second point is VERY valid, but most of you have such blinders on and worried about me bashing DLS or talking about Folsom, that you simply "lose your shi*t" on the thread.

Back to point #2- When has DLS EVER been DOMINATED in that fashion? And on national TV AT HOME? When? Never! You actually said it your self when you just went on a rant about how amazing they were with the streak, players, tradition, etc...... That is the point of my post. For the first time in nearly 3 decades, the team looked abnormally normal. That IS a big deal and should be talked about. No one bashed anyone, so come off your soapbox for a second.

If you want to talk football on here, let's do it. I love it. This can't be a place where you mention something negative about DLS and entire threads go sideways. Can you imagine IF I actually propped Folsom in this thread? I didn't because it was irrelevant. I wanted some though into the absolute inhalation I witness on Friday night. All I got was a bunch of dudes super butthurt that I was POSSIBLY casting DLS in a negative light. There is room in NorCal for more than one team. We have a harmful, if not more, of amazing teams. Embrace it.

They got smashed. Time to move on. Let's break down the "why."

I have never been a BIG DeLa FB, But I have always respected Greatness. The loss or beat down as prescribe was bad. But doesn’t tell us where all other program in the Bay Area, NorCal or even CA stand.

Because DeLa FB is the GOLD STANDARD in the competitive posting of any other program in the listed areas stated earlier.

The fact DeLa was highlighted on National TV brought and has brung recognition to the Bay Area for more years than most of us can count. So one can asked for some HATE of Shade to be thrown.

But before one post is going to be written, that poster is going to ask themselves how would there program perform against the same onslaught DeLa faced and become MUTE….

I may not be right….but I know I am not wrong.🏈🤙👏

Since nobody is going to break down the game (which is what this forum should be for) instead of ranting about the reputation and standards of DLS, I will post my notes below.

1. St Frances athletes simply overpowered DLS and controlled the lines all night

2. The mobile QB sophomore was amazing and caused fits for DLS all night by getting outside the pocket and make plays.

3. St Frances was running a modern offense and was super organized in they're play calling. They mixed it up and had DLS off guard all night. The skill players for SFA were in another class than DLS. It looked like you had JV kids chasing around D1 talent all night.

4. I really like the TE for DLS. He plays both ways and was gassed throughout this game. He is probably the best players on both sides of the ball for them. Without him, the running clock would have started real soon.

5. DLS had a couple RBs who were fast but lacked size and were stifled at the line many times during the game. They couldn't simply run RB dives into the line for 15 yards.

6. The DLS "quick start" as some call it. Questionably a false start many times, could not work with a team with size AND speed on the lines with SFA. DLS lines were dominated on both sides of the ball. Watching the entire game, I did see a handful of false starts (offensive line diving into the d line way early), but nothing super egregious as I've seen in the past. It seems to get worse as the game goes on, against better opponents.

7. Biggest difference in the game was QB play. DLS has a QB that likely wouldn't start at QB for most JV teams in most programs. He is there to hand off the ball. Lacking the ability to throw on 3rd down really hurts that team. With some kind of a passing threat, I think they would have been in this game.

8. SFA did get a bit chippy throughout the game. Frankly, I didn't blame them. They flew all the way across the country for a game on ESPN against a "national team" that got most of the hype and coverage during the pregame. After that whoopin, I would have been talking a little bit too. They earned it.

Bottom line- DLS is still a good team. Likely they are a #4 or #5 team in NorCal right now. You could argue for #3, and it may end up that way at the end of the year. Folsom is not as good as SFA, so it will not be lopsided whatsoever. But, DLS will struggle with the Folsom athletes. Folsom will struggle with the onslaught of RB dives into the line and likely give up a lot of yardage. Folsom should still win that game.

This was a fun game to watch no matter what side you are on. Go NorCal!

Since nobody is going to break down the game (which is what this forum should be for) instead of ranting about the reputation and standards of DLS, I will post my notes below.

1. St Frances athletes simply overpowered DLS and controlled the lines all night

2. The mobile QB sophomore was amazing and caused fits for DLS all night by getting outside the pocket and make plays.

3. St Frances was running a modern offense and was super organized in they're play calling. They mixed it up and had DLS off guard all night. The skill players for SFA were in another class than DLS. It looked like you had JV kids chasing around D1 talent all night.

4. I really like the TE for DLS. He plays both ways and was gassed throughout this game. He is probably the best players on both sides of the ball for them. Without him, the running clock would have started real soon.

5. DLS had a couple RBs who were fast but lacked size and were stifled at the line many times during the game. They couldn't simply run RB dives into the line for 15 yards.

6. The DLS "quick start" as some call it. Questionably a false start many times, could not work with a team with size AND speed on the lines with SFA. DLS lines were dominated on both sides of the ball. Watching the entire game, I did see a handful of false starts (offensive line diving into the d line way early), but nothing super egregious as I've seen in the past. It seems to get worse as the game goes on, against better opponents.

7. Biggest difference in the game was QB play. DLS has a QB that likely wouldn't start at QB for most JV teams in most programs. He is there to hand off the ball. Lacking the ability to throw on 3rd down really hurts that team. With some kind of a passing threat, I think they would have been in this game.

8. SFA did get a bit chippy throughout the game. Frankly, I didn't blame them. They flew all the way across the country for a game on ESPN against a "national team" that got most of the hype and coverage during the pregame. After that whoopin, I would have been talking a little bit too. They earned it.

Bottom line- DLS is still a good team. Likely they are a #4 or #5 team in NorCal right now. You could argue for #3, and it may end up that way at the end of the year. Folsom is not as good as SFA, so it will not be lopsided whatsoever. But, DLS will struggle with the Folsom athletes. Folsom will struggle with the onslaught of RB dives into the line and likely give up a lot of yardage. Folsom should still win that game.

You are really messing with my bias - this is a really good breakdown of the game. My bias says this couldn't possibly come from Pasty. But it appears it must be true. A bias is hard to change - so my preferred explanation is that the O'Reilly "Fair and Balanced" spirit has overtaken Pasty for this post and he will be back to match my bias of him/her later.

In all seriousness, thanks for the thoughtful breakdown.

Again, here are comments taken from Page 1 of the Scores thread. It basically hits on your points 1, 2 and 3 in similar ways. Should people forward you comments to make sure they are the right tone of negative?

I'm going to repeat what I've said because I don't think you are comprehending. DLS' losses are notable. Folsom is very good. Folsom should be No. 1 (IMO). The game on Friday will be very compettive (probably be placed in slots 1-3 on my pick'em sheet for this week). But saying people weren't being critical or the game hasn't been broken down is just wrong. Being intentionally misinformed isn't a funny act. Its annoying and stupid.

You are really messing with my bias - this is a really good breakdown of the game. My bias says this couldn't possibly come from Pasty. But it appears it must be true. A bias is hard to change - so my preferred explanation is that the O'Reilly "Fair and Balanced" spirit has overtaken Pasty for this post and he will be back to match my bias of him/her later.

In all seriousness, thanks for the thoughtful breakdown.
Thanks brother- I figured the full breakdown, with as much "non bias" was appropriate for this occasion. I had a great time watching the game actually.

Next week's game should be fun!

Crazy to think SFA has a loss this year. I don't see many teams beating that type of talent. Impressive.

The more I’ve watched the SFL this year the more I think Folsom rolls Rocklin. I don’t think Rocklin has the stallions to score with Folsom and with the loss of there QB it just doesn’t bode well. Last year they were primed to pull the upset.
DLS rebounds well after a loss. Ask Cathedral Catholic. They won’t get beat at home by Folsom. Not happening and im not a big DLS homer.
DLS has a Brand on par with coke and Nike. So valuable and recognized. It took 30+ years to build.

The SFA loss was not a shock. I went to the Clovis West and Palma games in 2003/2004 season in which the Spartan's lost and tied respectively. Even a couple years prior to that season 2004, there was talk about a potential down year. They started the year with a loss to Bellevue (I watched on TV) followed by two other losses (CW an Mission Viejo) and ties to Palma and Clayton Valley both Norcal teams. CW technically could be considered a Norcal team. The following year they lost again to both to Clovis West and Mission Viejo. In both those years they went on to win NCS championships. While the team that ended the streak was pretty much predicted (many were saying the class coul lose), it was only a matter of time they would lose to a Norcal team. They almost lost a few times since St Francis Mountain View was able to get over the hump. Given the Spartan's schedule and the evolution of a couple supper programs in Southern CA and more games against elite teams, DLS is the team many teams strive to be more like. Folsom game should be a good one. Folsom passing attack will give the Spartans some problems but the game against SFA is a good preparation. Folsom will have to play really good defense as will the Spartans. No one really knows who will win the game and Folsom hasn't defeated them yet. This current DLS team doesn't seem to have the dominant lines and they are prone to giving up the big pass play. Given both DLS and Folsom are familiar with each other, the game looks like it will be a close one. Folsom isn't in the same league as SFA. Folsom may also get an early lead but would be surprised if it will be a blowout one way or another.

Last edited:
Reactions: FBAddict and MC415
Given both DLS and Folsom are familiar with each other, the game looks like it will be a close one.
100 percent agree. I think Folsom is good. Very good.

But I also think they will struggle on the lines and with the run temp of the DLS offense. Folsom is in good shape, but I believe DLS is in better shape. Folsom athletes are better overall, but that doesn't really matter if you can't win in the trenches.

I don't think Folsom gets up early. I think DLS gets up early with some big run plays. I think Folsom keeps it close and it comes down to the end.

Calpreps has it 38-28 Folsom. I believe it will be closer than that no matter who wins.

Reactions: PatCarrillo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT