ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling: 2013 De La Salle Show Case Results

ncscalfootball

Hall of Famer
May 24, 2011
Some are calling this the Best Dual in History! Clovis came up North and became the victorious! Clovis 43 Vacaville 24, Clovis 60 De La Salle 6, Clovis/Gilroy Score Not Posted. Vacaville 60 Gilroy 13, Vacaville/De La Salle Score Not Posted. Gilroy 33 De La Salle 25.

This post was edited on 2/18 8:40 PM by ncscalfootball

Re: Wrestling: 2013 Del Salle Show Case Results

Originally posted by ncscalfootball:
Some are calling this the Best Dual in History! Clovis came up North and became the victorious! Clovis 43 Vacaville 24, Clovis 60 De La Salle 6, Clovis/Gilroy Score Not Posted. Vacaville 60 Gilroy 13, Vacaville/De La Salle Score Not Posted. Gilroy 33 De La Salle 25.
It wasn't a pure round-robin -- Clovis and Gilroy didn't wrestle and neither did DLS and Vacaville

Clovis is awesome -- just about their entire line-up is a state Top 10 kid

DLS got humbled, but is a little better than scores imply I think. They were wrestling a lot of guys out of their ideal weight class and I think their post-season line-up is much better. They beat James Logan in NCS Duals last week to run that streak to 7 years and had all 13 wrestlers make the finals of the EBAL tournament (they didn't enter a HVY). Even giving up 6 points with a forfeit at HVY, DLS beat "EBAL All-Stars" 34-27.

NCS Tourney this week ought to be another battle between DLS and Logan -- each have 11 seeded wrestlers. Windsor and Liberty have an outside shot.

NCS only qualifies 3 for state this year. It had been 4 and NCS lost one. I don't like the delay in the performance vs impact as that was based, I think, on a rolling couple of years, but something like 3 and 4 years ago. NCS actually had more placers/ entrant than any other section last year, so ought to get back to 4 when the performance period catches up.

DLSPop1314,

Thanks for the wealth of info. It would be nice if De La Salle holds this same event next year. Perhaps we'll see a change up. As we see the Central Valley hosts a a of wrestling tournaments. What NorCal Tournament do you see cud rival the Battle For the Belt, Five Counties, Chukchansi Invtiational and so on?

DLSPop1314,

Thanks for the wealth of info. It would be nice if De La Salle holds this same event next year. Perhaps we'll see a change up. As we see the Central Valley hosts a a of wrestling tournaments. What NorCal Tournament do you see cud rival the Battle For the Belt, Five Counties, Chukchansi Invtiational and so on?
I thnk Mission San Jose is a great tournament -- generally 40 man brackets with lots of good schools/ wrestlers.

Clovis attends which adds a lot to the marquee of any CA tournament and DLS generally brings about a team and a half.

I think there's some other good NorCal tournaments, but more in the SJS (i.e. Tim Brown is very good). Lou Bronzon is probably the #2 Bay Area tourney that I'm aware of, but my perspective is a little limited to what DLS participates in.

I was thinking the same thing on the Mission San Jose Invitationals. But the Sac Joaquin Section Teams have Section Duals on the same day of the Mission San Jose Invite. If it were moved earlier I think teams like Vacaville, Elk Grove, Folsom, Del Oro , Ponderosa and many more would enter them. The Overfelt looks good too and also the Gilroy's Mid Cals Invite.

I was thinking the same thing on the Mission San Jose Invitationals. But the Sac Joaquin Section Teams have Section Duals on the same day of the Mission San Jose Invite. If it were moved earlier I think teams like Vacaville, Elk Grove, Folsom, Del Oro , Ponderosa and many more would enter them. The Overfelt looks good too and also the Gilroy's Mid Cals Invite.
???

I know there were some SJS kids @ MSJ -- Nevada Union had 2 champions, I think (at least 1 -- Johnny Callas).

Maybe Nevada Union didn't make the SJS Duals cut list, but I would have thought they would have.

I think Gilroy is the closest/ best team that doesn't participate and adding them to the mix would really help that be a "state elite" tournament (i.e. maybe Temucula-ish).

I think Doc B might be tougher than the state tournament with Wyoming Seminary, among other OOS teams, added to just about every top team in CA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT