ADVERTISEMENT

NCP Pick'em - Week 4

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Here are the games for this week. De La Salle-Antioch is the Game of the Week. Picks are due by 7:00 PM on Friday.

#7 Monte Vista (3-0) at #17 California (4-0) 7:00 PM

This game could end up being the East Bay Athletic League championship game when we look back at the end of the year. Monte Vista has lived up to its preseason hype thus far with a versatile offense and a physical defense led by Nate Landman. Cal High brings its expected physicality, but also has better athleticism than past years. Whatever team can establish the run consistently will likely be victorious.

Monte Vista wins 31-28

#9 Pittsburg (4-0) at Vacaville (3-1) 7:00 PM

Don’t let the disparities in rankings fool you. This will be a highly competitive game as Pittsburg looks to finish the non-league undefeated. Montaz Thompson has 1,044 yards and 15 touchdowns. Vacaville uses more of a committee of runners, but is paced by senior Daniel Wright with nine touchdowns.

Pittsburg wins 35-28

#3 St. Mary’s-Stockton (4-0) vs. St. John Bosco (3-1) 7:00 PM at Whittier College

The status of NorCal football for 2016 has taken some hits in the first month, but St. Mary’s has a chance to notch a monster win against the 2013 Open Division state champions. The Rams posses the best offense in NorCal through four weeks with the defense making keys plays to provide comfortable margins of victory. St. John Bosco has two players in the 2017 Rivals250, led by 5-star offensive lineman Wyatt Davis, who is committed to Ohio State.

St. John Bosco wins 31-21

Pitman (4-0) vs. Merced (3-1) 7:00 PM

Merced has won three in a row since losing the opener to Del Campo where it also lost its starting quarterback Jacob Foss. Senior Ulonzo Gilliam Jr. is the leading rusher for the Bears, which has won 18 straight Central California Conference games. Pitman is undefeated with wins over Downey, Lincoln-Stockton, Napa and Deer Valley. All four of the Pride’s games have been decided by less than 14 points.

Pitman wins 24-21

Freedom (4-0) at Bishop O’Dowd (3-0) 7:00 PM

Bishop O’Dowd annually has some of the best talent in the East Bay, but the on field results have been less than expected. The Dragons are off to a fast start outscoring their opponents 162-14. Freedom has talent in its own right led by Ronnie Rivers and Kyle Harmon. However, quarterback Jonathan Pierce is completing 74 percent of his passes for 14 touchdowns and no interceptions.

Freedom wins 28-21

#19 Serra (0-3) at #6 Valley Christian-San Jose (3-0) 7:30 PM

It is the opening week of West Catholic Athletic League play and there is a Top 20 matchup in San Jose. Can Serra avoid an 0-4 start as its schedule continues to be daunting? Defense has been an issue for the Padres in giving up 52 points per game. The Warriors have been solid on defense to support an offense that looks more balanced than previous years. Production in the passing game will always be the x-factor for the Warriors.

Valley Christian wins 24-17

Marysville (3-1) at Capital Christian (2-2) 7:30 PM

The Golden Empire League has been dominated by Capital Christian and its 22 game league winning streak. The Cougars have a talented sophomore running back in D’Marcus Ross, but have lost two in a row in Aptos and Del Oro. Marysville’s lone loss is to Sutter and it averaging almost 200 yards on the ground. The Indians are giving up less than 10 points per game and Gary Cooper has a team high 46 tackles.

Capital Christian wins 22-21

Sonora (4-0) at Calaveras (4-0) 7:30 PM

Sonora started out hot with a win over Oakdale and have added wins over Lodi, Ripon and Hilmar. Quarterback Josh Harris can run and pass for the Wildcats, which are averaging almost 50 points per game. Calaveras is a run heavy offense paced by Noah Preuss, who has more than 600 yards. Sonora won last year’s game 28-27.

Sonora wins 24-21

Ukiah (3-0) at Santa Rosa (3-0) 7:30 PM

Cardinal Newman is the class of the North Bay League, but who is the second best team? Could it be one of these two programs? Ukiah is giving up 11 points per game with Eddie Holbrook accounting for a team high two interceptions and is second on the team in tackles. Santa Rosa has posted back-to-back shutouts while quarterback Isaiah Steele has thrown for 11 touchdowns without an interception.

Ukiah wins 17-13

Antioch (3-1) at De La Salle (3-1) 8:00 PM Game of the Week

This game was always interesting being nationally televised and featuring the nation’s top recruit (Najee Harris) against the standard bearer of NorCal football. There is added intrigue with De La Salle coming off a 23-21 loss to East-Utah where the Spartans struggled to stop the run. Antioch, which fell out of the Top 10 following a loss to Milpitas, is coming off a closer than expected win over Rancho Cotate (41-34) last week. Finding timely plays in the passing game in vital for both teams.

De La Salle wins 35-21

10. De La Salle (35-21)
9. St. John Bosco
8. Valley Christian
7. Freedom
6. Pittsburg
5. Sonora
4. Monte Vista
3. Pitman
2. Ukiah
1. Capital Christian

10. De La Salle (52-14)
9. Pittsburg
8. Sonora
7. Santa Rosa
6. Pitman
5. St. John Bosco
4. Valley Christian
3. Freedom
2. Monte Vista
1. Capital Christian

Last edited:
10 - St. John Bosco
9 - De La Salle 42-21
8 - Freedom
7 - Sonora
6 - Pittsburg
5 - Valley Christian
4 - Pitman
3 - Monte Vista
2 - Capital Christian
1 - Santa Rosa

10. St. John Bosco
9. De La Salle (42-17)
8. Pittsburg
7. Monte Vista
6. Valley Christian
5. Freedom
4. Sonora
3. Pitman
2. Santa Rosa
1. Capital Christian

10. DE LA SALLE (49-21)
09. ST. JOHN BOSCO
08. SONORA
07. PITTSBURG
06. FREEDOM
05. MONTE VISTA
04. CAPITAL CHRISTIAN
03. PITMAN
02. SANTA ROSA
01. SERRA

CT4L

Last edited:
Reactions: H.E.A.T.
10. De La Salle (42-14)

9. Pittsburg

8. Pitman

7. Monte Vista

6. Sonora

5. Santa Rosa

4. Capital Christian

3. St. John Bosco

2. Freedom

1. Valley Christian

10. DLS (45-18)
9. Valley Christian
8. Freedom
7.Sonora\
6. Marysville
5. Monte Vista
4. Ukiah
3. Merced
2. Vacaville
1. St. Mary's

Sheldon Vs Monterey Trail should have been on here and maybe even game of the week. I think the pickems would be better if you payed attention to a lot of the threads and the teams that the posters follow. Last week was pretty much a crap shoot i know i just guessed on all pics and it showed

CT4L PROJECTIONS WILL CHANGE >>>>>> ATTTTTTTA BOY

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
10. DLS ( 49-20)

9. SJB

8. MV

7. Marysville

6. SR

5. Pitt

4. BOD

3. Merced

2. Sonora

1. Serra

10. De La Salle (35-20)
9. St. John Bosco
8. Pittsburg
7. Freedom
6. Monte Vista
5. Capital Christian
4. Merced
3. Sonora
2. Santa Rosa
1. Valley Christian

10. DLS ( 35-21)
9. Capital Christian
8. Pittsburg
7. Freedom
6. Valley Christian
5. St John Boscoe
4. Sonora
3. Santa Rosa
2. Monte Vista
1. Pitman

10 St, John Bosco
9 De La Salle (42-24)
8 Pittsburg
7 Pittman
6 Sonora
5 Feedom
4 Monte Vista
3 Valley Christian
2 Santa Rosa
1 Capital Christian

Last edited:
10. De La Salle (44-20)
9. St. John Bosco
8. Sonora
7. Capital Christian
6. Pittsburg
5. Freedom
4. Pitman
3. Santa Rosa
2. Monte Vista
1. Serra

10. Freedom
9. St. John Bosco
8. De La Salle (45-20)
7. Sonora
6. Valley Christian
5. Pittsburg
4. Capital Christian
3. Pitman
2. Santa Rosa
1. Monte Vista

10-De La Salle 42-17
9-St. John Bosco
8-Pittsburg
7-Monte Vista
6-Valley Christian
5-Freedom
4-Pitman
3-Marysville
2-Santa Rosa
1-Sonora

10) DLS (42-21)
09) PITTSBURG
08) SONORA
07) FREEDOM
06) PITMAN
05) VALLEY CHRISTIAN - SAN JOSE
04) MONTE VISTA
03) SANTA ROSA
02) CAPITAL CHRISTIAN
01) ST. MARY'S ... Rams aerial attack plus the freight train shock the high school football nation!

Last edited:
NorCalSportsFan Week 4 Picks 2016

10. De La Salle (56-21)
9. St John Bosco
8. Pittsburg
7. Freedom
6. Pitman
5. Sonora
4. Capital Christian
3. Monte Vista
2. Valley Christian
1. Ukiah

Will be rooting for the Rams even though I pick SJB. This pick'em has some tough ones to pick with some upset potential.

Reactions: bulldogmgc
10 pts Freedom
9 pts De La Salle 42-17
8 pts Sonora
7 pts Pittsburg
6 pts Pitman
5 pts Valley Christian
4 pts Monte Vista
3 pts Capital Christian
2 pts Ukiah
1 pt St. Mary’s ( in Franks I trust )

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
10. Sonora
9. Santa Rosa
8. Capital Christian
7. Pitt
6. Foothill
5. DLS 42-21
4. Pitman
3. SJB
2. Freedom
1. VC

10-De La Salle(49-29)
9--Pitman
8--Sonora
7--Freedom
6--Capital Christian
5--California
4--Santa Rosa
3--Serra
2--Vacaville
1--St. Mary's

10. Sonora
9. Santa Rosa
8. Capital Christian
7. Pitt
6. Foothill
5. DLS 42-21
4. Pitman
3. SJB
2. Freedom
1. VC
Rmbr26, Foothill (your 6 pointer) is not in the pick'ems tonight. You need to replace with Monte Vista or California. Hope you get this in time.

10 pittsburg
9 VC
8 Capital
7 SJB
6 DLS 38-31
5 sonora
4 MV
3 SR
2 Freedom
1Pitman

I finally had a good week. My only loss was that dang Santa Rosa pick at #3, which was my only pick I wavered on. But ill take the 52 pts. Finally!!!

Here are the results from week four. I got the weekly win over NorCalSportsFan on the second tiebreaker of the winning teams score in the game of the week (De La Salle).

Please send in any scoring mistakes by 12:00 PM on Monday.

Valley Christian beat Serra 35-28

De La Salle beat Antioch 28-21

Pittsburg beat Vacaville 42-31

Ukiah beat Santa Rosa 45-22

Sonora beat Calaveras 28-14

Capital Christian beat Marysville 35-21

Freedom beat Bishop O’Dowd 43-13

Pitman beat Merced 34-27

Monte Vista beat California 27-24

St. John Bosco beat St. Mary’s 55-16

Streak One 55

NorCalSportsFan 55

NorCalHSFan 54

2wcats 54

DO Fan 53

FBAddict 53

SacFB 53

CaliTrojan4Life 52

Farmair3 52

H.E.A.T. 52

Superslow 51

Bulldogmgc 51

Irish_Cheers 50

WCAL75 50

HSfan82 49

mshNASTY 48

Ncscalfootball 43

Lakers2480bulldogs 40

Rmbr26 40

Dan12Kings 40

Bella123 34

Yearly Standings

1. NorCalSportsFan 234

2. Superslow 232

3. CaliTrojan4Life 229

4. Streak One 225

5. DO fan 224

Last year I luckily had two consecutive perfect Pick'em (55) weeks and three for the year. After five weeks of Pick'em this year I finally reached the 50 plus mark. What a difference a year makes. Gotta do better if I'm going to be in the top three.

CT4L

Last year I luckily had two consecutive perfect Pick'em (55) weeks and three for the year. After five weeks of Pick'em this year I finally reached the 50 plus mark. What a difference a year makes. Gotta do better if I'm going to be in the top three.

CT4L

Should'a picked Ukiah...

CT4L
HAHAHAHAHAHAH Why do yo lie to yourself. You had Exactly ZZZZEEEEEEERRRRRROOOOOO 55's ever. Maybe a little more consistency taking out those 30's you had last year and you may have won.

Didn't help that I left out the Monte Vista - California game, wonder where I got Foothill from? Guess it pays to double check your picks after posting. Good job Streak!

Didn't help that I left out the Monte Vista - California game, wonder where I got Foothill from? Guess it pays to double check your picks after posting. Good job Streak!
No pun intended but I'm confused to why you would put Foothill as the winner of any pick'em this year. Just sayin.

CT4L

No pun intended but I'm confused to why you would put Foothill as the winner of any pick'em this year. Just sayin.

CT4L

It was an easy mistake to make as I looked at both MV & CA records & Foothill was the common opponent of both teams [cost me 6 points as I had MV down as the winner on my picks prior to entering].

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
Here are the results from week four. I got the weekly win over NorCalSportsFan on the second tiebreaker of the winning teams score in the game of the week (De La Salle).

Please send in any scoring mistakes by 12:00 PM on Monday.

Valley Christian beat Serra 35-28

De La Salle beat Antioch 28-21

Pittsburg beat Vacaville 42-31

Ukiah beat Santa Rosa 45-22

Sonora beat Calaveras 28-14

Capital Christian beat Marysville 35-21

Freedom beat Bishop O’Dowd 43-13

Pitman beat Merced 34-27

Monte Vista beat California 27-24

St. John Bosco beat St. Mary’s 55-16

Streak One 55

NorCalSportsFan 55

NorCalHSFan 54

2wcats 54

DO Fan 53

FBAddict 53

SacFB 53

CaliTrojan4Life 52

Farmair3 52

H.E.A.T. 52

Superslow 51

Bulldogmgc 51

Irish_Cheers 50

WCAL75 50

HSfan82 49

mshNASTY 48

Ncscalfootball 43

Lakers2480bulldogs 40

Rmbr26 40

Dan12Kings 40

Bella123 34

I gotta quit drinking...on second thought I better drink more!

Reactions: Dan12Kings
I gotta quit drinking...on second thought I better drink more!

Hahahah made me laugh so much, I was like why? Then I saw you with me at the bottom of this week's pick'em. :D I went from the top spots to the bottom in no time.

Common CT4L you can't be that naive. Or was it a freudian slip. You were PGOWNS WHITNEY now CT4L aka Norcalsportsfan. Dual poster .....it all makes sense now

Common CT4L you can't be that naive. Or was it a freudian slip. You were PGOWNS WHITNEY now CT4L aka Norcalsportsfan. Dual poster .....it all makes sense now
Bruh you're delusional if you think for one minute I'm known as NCSF. That's the most ridiculous off base accusation I've heard in 2016. Word to the wise H.E.A.T....You need to stop while you're ahead because I'm having a helluva time differentiating you from Ms. Cleo. Lol!!!:D.

CT4L

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT