ADVERTISEMENT

2019-20 WCAL Hoops Wrap Up/2020-21 Outlook

Why would you support the enemy or rival? Do the giants support the Dodgers? The raiders support the Broncos?
Got to disagree on that one. Being a SH graduate and having coached at Riordan, I am a all WCAL guy this time of year. Makes the league look great and when the AAA schools make it, those are great stories in my book. It’s rare they ever do and they have had some good success lately especially in a city where talent is about as thin as it gets being so many families have moved out.

Got to disagree on that one. Being a SH graduate and having coached at Riordan, I am a all WCAL guy this time of year. Makes the league look great and when the AAA schools make it, those are great stories in my book. It’s rare they ever do and they have had some good success lately especially in a city where talent is about as thin as it gets being so many families have moved out.
I'm not surprised.

I'm not surprised.
So if you don’t mind me asking being I made a appearance back on here after many years away, who is your team. I am a private school supporter. Who now lives up the 80 and my 5 year old will be attending Salesian or St Mary’s one day hopefully. If he plays basketball which is unknown at this moment obviously, and say he loses to my alum or a school I coached at, I should not root them further. Yeah that makes a boatload of sense. I hated Riordan and SI when I was in school. I couldn’t stand Dwayne Fontana when I was in high school, as he always says I am something and 0 against your school. Ironically I just got off the phone with him and he was one of my groomsmen. So what truly is your point.

Reactions: WM483 and jordan24
Riordan just cancelled school on Monday per the SF Chronicle. Parent and student just tested positive for COVID-19.

So if you don’t mind me asking being I made a appearance back on here after many years away, who is your team. I am a private school supporter. Who now lives up the 80 and my 5 year old will be attending Salesian or St Mary’s one day hopefully. If he plays basketball which is unknown at this moment obviously, and say he loses to my alum or a school I coached at, I should not root them further. Yeah that makes a boatload of sense. I hated Riordan and SI when I was in school. I couldn’t stand Dwayne Fontana when I was in high school, as he always says I am something and 0 against your school. Ironically I just got off the phone with him and he was one of my groomsmen. So what truly is your point.
I'm from Los Angeles. Have no interest in anyone.

Why would you support the enemy or rival? Do the giants support the Dodgers? The raiders support the Broncos?

Yes they do, if you are a National League guy/gal you always want the National League to win. If you are an AFL fan of a team, you want the AFL to win. That is because a true sports fan or supporter looks beyond their tram achievements or deficiencies and think what is best for its League....aren’t you at least a #%+

I can buy you books, but I can’t educate you

Who's coming? Sek, Riiny and Ngot's relatives? That would be awesome! A starting female 5 of 6'5 players will surely test Mitty.

I heard at game the other night, Coach Will & Coach Slade are moving over to girls program. If the board is correct, dont they also run the largest girl AAU program. I foresee a drop of girl athletes in the city going to SHC & SI

I heard at game the other night, Coach Will & Coach Slade are moving over to girls program. If the board is correct, dont they also run the largest girl AAU program. I foresee a drop of girl athletes in the city going to SHC & SI

Not to mention they will get some Mercy Girls....their team was competitive this year. Don't you ever count out the Riordan Crusaderettes!

Yes they do, if you are a National League guy/gal you always want the National League to win. If you are an AFL fan of a team, you want the AFL to win. That is because a true sports fan or supporter looks beyond their tram achievements or deficiencies and think what is best for its League....aren’t you at least a #%+

I dont need you to educate. I've got mi

This is the MORONIC post to which I was referring. As I correctly stated, this is FALSE.

One can’t blame a poster for his lack of knowledge. I believe they are a SHC supporter and they have a declining sports program, so they are distracted by reality

One can’t blame a poster for his lack of knowledge. I believe they are a SHC supporter and they have a declining sports program, so they are distracted by reality
You are absolutely correct that we do not have confirmation as of yesterday per the Riordan website that the student has been infected, but I think it would be safe to say that per the website it does indeed note that both parents have been confirmed of that student. So what are the chances that the student does have it. And it is my understanding per my visit at Kaiser the other day that due to limited supplies not everyone is being tested like my father in law was, which makes sense since I have yet to hear multiple kids being confirmed nationwide since the virus broke out.

You are absolutely correct that we do not have confirmation as of yesterday per the Riordan website that the student has been infected, but I think it would be safe to say that per the website it does indeed note that both parents have been confirmed of that student. So what are the chances that the student does have it. And it is my understanding per my visit at Kaiser the other day that due to limited supplies not everyone is being tested like my father in law was, which makes sense since I have yet to hear multiple kids being confirmed nationwide since the virus broke out.

Your point caller?

What Legacy, Mission on Tuition? Stop Hating!
This year's "Fubo". (BTW, the "declining" sports programs are at SI and Riordan. Compare football, basketball, baseball and soccer for the past 10 years and see who comes out on top?)
There are no schools in the "Tenderloin" either. It's in Cathedral Hill and it's safe. Prejudiced crap. (Jealous, jealous, jealous).

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott2138
Archbishop Riordan's memorable season comes to an abrupt and heartbreaking end. A student (non-player) was tested positive for COVID-19. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery for he and his family.
And all the best to the Crusader seniors as their life's journey continues...Go Crusaders!

I've never even met Jelani/Bryce before, and my heart breaks for those guys. Someone said earlier I never played high school basketball. 100% correct, though I was an 8th grade CYO Champion at SVDP. But even I know the hard work that goes into a Basketball season. It's not even about the games, its about all the practices. All the weekends you couldn't go out when your friends did. The sacrifices made for the team and all their teammates. All for it to disappear over something they do not have any control of. The hours spent on the bus travelling from city to city, and for some teams like Sheldon hours spent on a plane.

Overall, I think the best thing to do would be to play these games but with no fans in attendance. Have one person there to film the game like Riordan does on youtube and let people watch that way. It wouldn't be ideal, but at least the kids would be able to play.

Tough. Really tough. Life sometimes get in the way. Feel for the kids, coaches, and parents. A what-could-have-been moment. At the end of the day, they won their last game. What kid doesnt want to end that way. Congrats to Riordan Crusaders on a memorable season. The last one as a single-sex school, and again, you finished with a win.

I'm a Raider fan( though not as ardently now after two moves) and went to the Super Bowl in Santa Clara, Broncos vs Panthers. Sorry, but the Broncos wouldn't get ANY support from me for any reason.

I'm a Raider fan( though not as ardently now after two moves) and went to the Super Bowl in Santa Clara, Broncos vs Panthers. Sorry, but the Broncos wouldn't get ANY support from me for any reason.

X's 10 on those sentiments. (and definitely no sorry about it)
Would rather have my teeth cleaned by a proctologist than root for the Broncos in a Championship Game.
Silver & Crete17

Reactions: observer22 and remc

Same for me with the Dog-ears. This lifetime Giants fan would root for the Dog-ears ONLY if a win by them would help the Giants in the standings by beating a division opponent, getting us closer to the front of the standings or further in the lead. And I'd hope very, very quietly.

Otherwise, if Hitler came to life and started up a team and they were playing the Dog-ears, I'd be all for the Hitlers.

But this is pro sports. High school is different for me. Back when O'Dowd was in the top-division final, I rooted for them against SoCal even though the Dragons were rivals of my own favorites.

Ditto on the HS teams. Have always been a supporter of blue collar working schools like James Logan, Mack, remind me of my HS growing up in the rust belt. Was a big Pittsburg fan before there was a concrete jr being mixed in the wheelbarrow of our family to be. Mrs Crete was the religion and education director in this family and so like his uncle and cousins little concrete declared for the Spartans when he was 5 years of age.Hard to go against both ends of the family.
In the end at SBG time any NorCal team vs the stokers of the south land.

Ditto on the HS teams. Have always been a supporter of blue collar working schools like James Logan, Mack, remind me of my HS growing up in the rust belt. Was a big Pittsburg fan before there was a concrete jr being mixed in the wheelbarrow of our family to be. Mrs Crete was the religion and education director in this family and so like his uncle and cousins little concrete declared for the Spartans when he was 5 years of age.Hard to go against both ends of the family.
In the end at SBG time any NorCal team vs the stokers of the south land.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT