ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on Riordan Game

SFcityfan

Sports Fanatic
Jan 2, 2007
My scheduling is completely CrissCrossed…

I thought it was a Bye week and was happy because of weather in SF this AM.

I find out from a text that Riordan played and at kick off it was 73 degrees.

Any game notes!??

My scheduling is completely CrissCrossed…

I thought it was a Bye week and was happy because of weather in SF this AM.

I find out from a text that Riordan played and at kick off it was 73 degrees.

Any game notes!??
60-29 Riordan. It was 47-7 at halftime. 6 different players scored TDS in the first half.

I thought this game per board gurus would be a better test than SHP!

I am excited Riordan is getting 2-3-4 PT, but it seems to me…

Notice Given….w/no need to sign reciept;Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I thought this game per board gurus would be a better test than SHP!

I am excited Riordan is getting 2-3-4 PT, but it seems to me…

Notice Given….w/no need to sign reciept;Lol
Moreau is a D6 NCS school that hasn’t been good in a minute, can you quote where it was said on here this would be a better test then SHP? This D6 team scored 2 points the week before, stop lying

Moreau is a D6 NCS school that hasn’t been good in a minute, can you quote where it was said on here this would be a better test then SHP? This D6 team scored 2 points the week before, stop lying
Sorry MC415,

But before you post a request, that you really should look back over last week’s posts before you ask for data to dismiss claims.

Hmmm….

Anyway seems that NOTICE was given once again?

• Haha
This game was over by the 1st quarter. The Mariners simply couldn’t stop the Crusader offense. Riordan’s 3 rbs are going to be a problem if teams think the Crusaders just have a passing offense.

Sorry MC415,

But before you post a request, that you really should look back over last week’s posts before you ask for data to dismiss claims.

Hmmm….

Sorry MC415,

Hmmm….

You didn’t quote multiples gurus saying a bad D6 NCS team who scored 2 points the week prior was going to be a “test”….. thump your chest when you’re putting equals on notice not minnows

You didn’t quote multiples gurus saying a bad D6 NCS team who scored 2 points the week prior was going to be a “test”….. thump your chest when you’re putting equals on notice not minnows
Yeah, I thought at first SFcityfan was a genuinely knowledgeable Riordan fan, but now I realize this poster is simply a "ride the wave" hypster. That's not bad, as far as homer fans go, but you can't rely on their perspective. Nevertheless, I like what I see from Riordan. They might be top 5 in the WCAL this year,

Yeah, I thought at first SFcityfan was a genuinely knowledgeable Riordan fan, but now I realize this poster is simply a "ride the wave" hypster. That's not bad, as far as homer fans go, but you can't rely on their perspective. Nevertheless, I like what I see from Riordan. They might be top 5 in the WCAL this year,
agreed! Riordan is really good but how about just chill before you put Northern California on notice till you start playing and beating teams who are notice worthy

agreed! Riordan is really good but how about just chill before you put Northern California on notice till you start playing and beating teams who are notice worthy
WCAL will be the indicator.
Unfortunately, the former coach did not schedule non-league games so Coach Adhir has scrambled the past 2 just to get games. I understand their non-league will be much more of a challenge moving forward. I hope one of those games is Marin Catholic! Great HS atmosphere. @MC415, do you know if installing lights are in the plans? I’m sure their challenge are the neighbors.

Reactions: FBAddict and MC415
WCAL will be the indicator.
Unfortunately, the former coach did not schedule non-league games so Coach Adhir has scrambled the past 2 just to get games. I understand their non-league will be much more of a challenge moving forward. I hope one of those games is Marin Catholic! Great HS atmosphere. @MC415, do you know if installing lights are in the plans? I’m sure their challenge are the neighbors.
The lights will be a go the second Marin General Hospital would ever allow it and the neighbors, but due to the terrible humans living around there I doubt it………no coincidence once San Marin got their lights their football program has been taking huge leaps……….for me will always be a black eye to MC program the lack of lights

A generation of Arch-Riordan association dismisses riding a wave. May it be Cal-Hi or NorCal preps, the Micro Aggression aways comes out when Riordan over achieves.

I have been around when “under performance” had been a main stay. Or even the willingness to “not win” has been the mantra on Phelan.

But we can discount opponents each week as many posters will claim nothing has been accomplished. But the reality is a 60 spot is NO joke and landslide 1/2 time scores in two games demonstrate a “New Attitude” and the “Next Episode”

So I challenge the naysayers, what phrasing should I use….except that “Notices Are Being Served”.

It sounds like the consensus is Top 3 in WCAL and that shouldn’t be a memo of notification?
Hmmm?

“Kings of Kezar”

Last edited:
  • Haha
A generation of Arch-Riordan association dismisses riding a wave. May it be Cal-Hi or NorCal preps, the Micro Aggression aways comes out when Riordan over achieves.

I have been around when “under performance” had been a main stay. Or even the willingness to “not win” has been the mantra on Phelan.

But we can discount opponents each week as many posters will claim nothing has been accomplished. But the reality is a 60 spot is NO joke and landslide 1/2 time scores in two games demonstrate a “New Attitude” and the “Next Episode”

So I challenge the naysayers, what phrasing should I use….except that “Notices Are Being Served”.

It sounds like the consensus is Top 3 in WCAL and that shouldn’t be a memo of notification?
Hmmm?

“Kings of Kezar”
I don't remember seeing much negative chatter on here about them except pushback on the transfers and the that Riordan could finish 2nd in the WCAL.

Now the transfer stuff comes up with any school that adds a lot of high profile guys. And frankly we don't know how Riordan will fare in the WCAL. And that comes from a guy who picked them third in the league and put them in the Top 20 :)

Okay Guys,

We live in a “Transfer Portal” world, may it be a at the HS prep or College levels. The CIF and NCAA has rules and guidelines that SO student/athletes understands the landscape.

And I completely agree that Coach Ravipati, has instilled a well grounded and focused approach. I think I mentioned “New Attitude” previously.

But when I see the Micro Aggression in statements of Riordan providing “bags” and to projecting improprieties….it gets me Fired Up!!

But what are my predictions:
1. Notice given
2. Capturing the “Kings of Kezar”

If that what is creating the Rise in Blood Pressures? Wait till next year because there is only two seniors on this team & NorCal may need to prescribe tablets under the posters tongue then…this is the reference to “Next Episode”

“Kings of Kezar”

Note: I will admit my approach may be a little D O double G like;LMAO

Last edited:
Hmmm?

“Kings of Kezar”
I don't see a consensus of Riordan in the top 3 in WCAL. I think top 5, giving AR a little more wiggle room. But when dcpanda mentioned top 5 in CCS, which would likely translate as top 3 in WCAL, I questioned that level.

I don't see a consensus of Riordan in the top 3 in WCAL. I think top 5, giving AR a little more wiggle room. But when dcpanda mentioned top 5 in CCS, which would likely translate as top 3 in WCAL, I questioned that level.
@FBAddict , who do you have as your top 3? Serra and St. Francis are locks IMO. Riordan appears to have the most balance and explosiveness on offense and those lineman are all D1 level and they are all underclassmen.

• Haha
What do the Kings of Kezar get? Do they get to take home the Bruce?
This is where you know this poster is not from the City….

I believe @TheBruce is one of the oldest rivalries this side of the Mississippi. I would never compare the Kings of Kezar to A Legacy Rivalry. The other city schools have also set up trophy games to recognize coaches who coached at each school.

The “Kings of Kezar” has more meaning to Alumnus, fans and family each year and it also memorializes a senior’s final year

Last edited:
  • Haha
With all the work they did in the transfer market, I think they’ll end up in the top 5 in CCS.
Just taking the queue from the team with the QB of the year from Sacramento. and starting WR and Linebacker from East Bay Catholic Schools 😉 Go Padres!

I will still never understand why MC doesn’t do a trifecta of Riordan, SHC and SI every year
60-29 should answer that question. MC not that good won’t even beat a down BOD this season. Will be lucky to win 1 or 2 games in league

• Haha
Reactions: MC415
60-29 should answer that question. MC not that good won’t even beat a down BOD this season. Will be lucky to win 1 or 2 games in league

Wtf u talking about ? How about you use your brain and re-read the thread then edit your post.

@FBAddict , who do you have as your top 3? Serra and St. Francis are locks IMO. Riordan appears to have the most balance and explosiveness on offense and those lineman are all D1 level and they are all underclassmen.
I haven't seen enough to place teams 3-5. Riordan is definitely in the mix. Next week will be a bellwether test for St. Francis (DLS), St. Ignatius (Cathedral) and Riordan (St. Bonaventure). BCP, AM and VC have lighter opponents. But AR could be anywhere from #2 to #6. My top three right now are JS, SF & VC.

Given a couple years of good internal support and continued player attraction, Ravipati should build Riordan to a perennial powerhouse.

Last edited:
did SHC lose any players to Riordan, Adhir Prime Time?
No, its called Mixon, Miller, Sanders graduated. I gave them a pass week 1 vs Top 10 Pitt, but after seeing week 2 vs SHP, its not going to be a pretty season. Their defense literally cannot stop anyone and on offense they only have 3 plays.

I haven't seen enough to place teams 3-5. Riordan is definitely in the mix. Next week will be a bellwether test for St. Francis (DLS), St. Ignatius (Cathedral) and Riordan (St. Bonaventure). BCP, AM and VC have lighter opponents. But AR could be anywhere from #2 to #6. My top three right now are JS, SF & VC.

Given a couple years of good internal support and continued player attraction, Ravipati should build Riordan to a perennial powerhouse.
I don’t see it with VC. Isn’t their QB now at Logan? I could possibly see Mitty surprising teams again as long as their RB stays healthy.

I don’t see it with VC. Isn’t their QB now at Logan? I could possibly see Mitty surprising teams again as long as their RB stays healthy.
VC is pretty young this year and they had their worst team in over 23 years last year. But their frosh teams the last two year have been very strong, feeding the next levels. Their passing game has always been their achilles heel. Nevertheless, they look very much like a #2 to #4 WCAL team so far. Time will tell.

Nobody is gonna beat Riordan in WCAL this year except perhaps Serra. Maybe 5th? Pa-lease!

• Haha
Not a
I will still never understand why MC doesn’t do a trifecta of Riordan, SHC and SI every year
good look for MC, if they lose to any City program. SI could steal Athletes, boosters would have HC’s job if they lost to SHC or Riordan.

• Haha
Nobody is gonna beat Riordan in WCAL this year except perhaps Serra. Maybe 5th? Pa-lease!
Until it happens, this is just noise. Maybe you are the guy that can give a honest appraisal of AR compared to their 2015, 1971-1972 or 2000 seasons. No?

I am not the person that says it CANNOT happen. In fact, I hope AR is that good. It is simply my appraisal of AR as of this point in the season. An example of a team that rose to great heights was Palo Alto in 2010. They were an average to good team that changed in 2010. They just kept beating their opponents and nearly everyone was underestimating them, including me. They eventually won CCS D1 and were selected behind DLS for the State Bowl D1 slot. (This was before the RBG games had started) They beat Corona Centennial, who was rated significantly higher than PA, 15-13.

• Haha
Not a

good look for MC, if they lose to any City program. SI could steal Athletes, boosters would have HC’s job if they lost to SHC or Riordan.
So what?? it’s just kids playing football, who cares Al Bundy…….it would be fun yearly matchups

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
So dumb. MC will crush BOD and win a few more than 2 games in league. What an idiot. My goodness.

Reactions: MC415
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT