ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on Riordan Game

So what?? it’s just kids playing football, who cares Al Bundy…….it would be fun yearly matchups
MC415,

Impicit Bias, false narratives about impropriety in recruiting and now trying to call out a fellow HS prep poster in simple minded name calling…
Riordan served you notice and you took it personally….

Hmm, who from Riordan “back in your day” took your lunch money? Your hate runs deep!

MC415,

Impicit Bias, false narratives about impropriety in recruiting and now trying to call out a fellow HS prep poster in simple minded name calling…

Hmm, who from Riordan “back in your day” took your lunch money? Your hate runs deep!
Amigo, don’t let me own so much real estate in your head. Ask your Riordan brethren on this board I have never talked about Riordan football ever, I could really care less one way or the other it’s just high school football…….let’s wish all the kids and schools in Northern California success and do it with some humility……….btw my dad (RIP) was class of 57 at Riordan is smiling probably at their upswing from above

MC415,

@SFcityfan , you got the wrong guy. @MC415 never has spewed lies or disinformation. In fact, I recall he has family that are Riordan alum.

Reactions: FBAddict and MC415
@SFcityfan , you got the wrong guy. @MC415 never has spewed lies or disinformation. In fact, I recall he has family that are Riordan alum.
@armchair,
I have never responded to you via a post with fire…so please don’t take it that way.

@MC415: “if armchair vouches for you”…my bad!! Maybe I confused with that gearyblvd idiot…

As far a walking in step with other Riordan posters…wrong approach, as you probably saw with your respected father as an alumnus of Riordan…each crusader has their own crusade. But I will differ with you in your aspect of space in my own head. Because we are having this dialog(you seem kind of hyperfocused) it appears I am taking up room in your head.
Personally I am a Drew grad, but with three sons who attended Riordan has given me an attitude of gratitude for coaches Ravipati and Curtin for bringing in the New Attitude and New Episode

But even you would admit if SI bested Marin, players and parent would second guess their selection for HS and lord knows the out cry if SHC or Riordan bested them…boosters and partents can not look down when they lose to them. Thus it would behoove the HC not to schedule any City program. It is okay to admit a DA idea

Last edited:
Keep it coming Armchair - looks like you might be the de Facto knowledgebase for AR. I know there are few other posters here that have deep knowledge of WCAL and AR. Hope to hear more reasoned arguments for AR from them too.

@armchair,
I have never responded to you via a post with fire…so please don’t take it that way.
You have it wrong - Armchair wasn't saying you responded to him with fire. Instead he said you have a lot of fire in you posts. I believe that to mean you had a lot of "fire in your belly" as the saying goes for someone who is committed and passionate.

You have it wrong - Armchair wasn't saying you responded to him with fire. Instead he said you have a lot of fire in you posts. I believe that to mean you had a lot of "fire in your belly" as the saying goes for someone who is committed and passionate.
I am good FBA, have a deep respect of @armchair, his insight and knowledge of the history of HS prep sports has and recall is legendary🏀🏈⚾️🙏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿

Reactions: FBAddict
@armchair,

@MC415: “if armchair vouches for you”…my bad!! Maybe I confused with that gearyblvd idiot…

As far a walking in step with other Riordan posters…wrong approach, as you probably saw with your respected father as an alumnus of Riordan…each crusader has their own crusade. But I will differ with you in your aspect of space in my own head. Because we are having this dialog(you seem kind of hyperfocused) it appears I am taking up room in your head.
Personally I am a Drew grad, but with three sons who attended Riordan has given me an attitude of gratitude for coaches Ravipati and Curtin for bringing in the New Attitude and New Episode

But even you would admit if SI bested Marin, players and parent would second guess their selection for HS and lord knows the out cry if SHC or Riordan bested them…boosters and partents can not look down when they lose to them. Thus it would behoove the HC not to schedule any City program. It is okay to admit a DA idea
MC played SI and SH many times no problems with destroying the program……MC biggest foe for poaching players is San Marin keeping Novato kids local with their recent success since MC core players tend to be from Novato

@MC415 , is the SI transfer now starting at QB for Marin Catholic? He was ranked pretty high along with Mike Mitchell going into HS.

This is where you know this poster is not from the City….

I believe @TheBruce is one of the oldest rivalries this side of the Mississippi. I would never compare the Kings of Kezar to A Legacy Rivalry. The other city schools have also set up trophy games to recognize coaches who coached at each school.

The “Kings of Kezar” has more meaning to Alumnus, fans and family each year and it also memorializes a senior’s final year

Actually, I am from the City. Born and Raised in Lakeview (I’d refer to it as Oceanview if I wasn’t). I’m just saying…ya know…scenario where The Almighty R beats both SI and SH and spoils their party…can they take your baby home? 🤔 everyone knows what’s going to happen in Hoops

Reactions: jordan24
Actually, I am from the City. Born and Raised in Lakeview (I’d refer to it as Oceanview if I wasn’t). I’m just saying…ya know…scenario where The Almighty R beats both SI and SH and spoils their party…can they take your baby home? 🤔 everyone knows what’s going to happen in Hoops
And they call me hyped; Lmao

See DeMi, because of geography Riordan was blamed when gearyblvd got his lunch money taken:Lol

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
RIGHT! ..... like what happened in CCS Open last year right?
gearyblvd, “stay on the bus passed VanNess to keep up and understand full comprehension of the Clap Back at your post”. Otherwise you sound idiotic and I know you are better than that;Lmao

With Riordan football on the obvious rise, do the Crusaders still play home games on their campus? If so, what's the seating capacity? In the past, some important games would be moved to a larger venue (City College, etc.). The Riordan home game vs. SI will surely draw big numbers this year.

I just went on Google Maps and looked at the overhead photo... Of course, you can't get much of an idea on how many the stands hold, although I'm kinda thinking not a whole lot... But what caught my eye is that unusual track!

Oval with 4 straightaways, like Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Never seen anything like that at a school anywhere.

The tight confines of the football field on the Riordan campus require it to share space with the school's baseball field. So football is played partly on dirt; at least it was the last time we visited there. It's not a great situation. The idea of accommodating, say, 3,000 fans there would appear to be out of the question.

With Riordan football on the obvious rise, do the Crusaders still play home games on their campus? If so, what's the seating capacity? In the past, some important games would be moved to a larger venue (City College, etc.). The Riordan home game vs. SI will surely draw big numbers this year.
Yes. Games are played on campus. Stands are on one side, though they added/upgraded. Also, end zone bleachers - similar to Serra and DeLa are installed for the Riordan Student Body. It is a combined football/baseball field but all turf. At least the track doesn't go behind the stands like at DeLa. Always found that odd and actually holds the same if not more than Serra and DeLa.
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CwbK2nxrbid/?hl=en

I just went on Google Maps and looked at the overhead photo... Of course, you can't get much of an idea on how many the stands hold, although I'm kinda thinking not a whole lot... But what caught my eye is that unusual track!

Oval with 4 straightaways, like Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Never seen anything like that at a school anywhere.
The brilliant Riordan architects believed that running 4 straight-aways for their 4x100 relay would give them a better advantage. Back in the day we would call it the "Jolly Rancher".

It will always be Phelan and it always be ARMY St
We have a term for that, it’s called “Jurassic”; Lol

I am glad that type of thinking is not at Riordan anymore,…is there a root word in there too?

But I do think we have identified another poster with Implicit Bias…

Last edited:
My scheduling is completely CrissCrossed…

I thought it was a Bye week and was happy because of weather in SF this AM.

I find out from a text that Riordan played and at kick off it was 73 degrees.

Any game notes!??
Just a good rule of thumb...Bye weeks for WCAL teams tend to be the week before league play opens up. This is the case almost 90% plus of the time.

The tight confines of the football field on the Riordan campus require it to share space with the school's baseball field. So football is played partly on dirt; at least it was the last time we visited there. It's not a great situation. The idea of accommodating, say, 3,000 fans there would appear to be out of the question.
FYI since they remodeled the field to turf 2 years ago, there is no more dirt

Amigo, don’t let me own so much real estate in your head. Ask your Riordan brethren on this board I have never talked about Riordan football ever, I could really care less one way or the other it’s just high school football…….let’s wish all the kids and schools in Northern California success and do it with some humility……….btw my dad (RIP) was class of 57 at Riordan is smiling probably at their upswing from above
Love the Class of 57 ! I am sorry for your loss. Fortunately, our 57 Crusader grad is still with us and we are so thankful. He is also enjoying the buzz coming from Phelan Ave. even if it took two SI grads to help get things moving.

Reactions: MC415 and jordan24
Again: What is the seating capacity at the Riordan football field on Phelan Avenue?
A lot more than Bellarmine's tightly confined on campus home field. 😉.
Seriously, ~2000+ in the stands/end zone bleachers with plenty of standing room around the field. Visitor side bleachers have been in place in the past. I could see adding these as well.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
A lot more than Bellarmine's tightly confined on campus home field. 😉.
Seriously, ~2000+ in the stands/end zone bleachers with plenty of standing room around the field. Visitor side bleachers have been in place in the past. I could see adding these as well.
Definitely for SI confrontation later this month.

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT