ADVERTISEMENT

De La Salle vs Folsom

According to Maxpreps.com, the Folsom@DLS JV game starts at 5PM

You can assume most people coming to JV will stay for Varsity - only the parents and friends of JV players who have little interest beyond the own son's action will leave. Many will come to the JV game to make sure they have good seats for the Varsity game.

You can assume most people coming to JV will stay for Varsity - only the parents and friends of JV players who have little interest beyond the own son's action will leave. Many will come to the JV game to make sure they have good seats for the Varsity game.

If you’re not seated prior to the JV game, I would plan on standing up watching from the end zone. There are barely enough seats on the visitors side to handle the JV parents and friends. Even with a seat, the view from that side is not very good, as the bleachers only go up a few rows and you have to try to see above the players on the sideline. Much more room on the home side, but I’m pretty sure for the DLS alum/boosters this is a must see game.

If you’re not seated prior to the JV game, I would plan on standing up watching from the end zone. There are barely enough seats on the visitors side to handle the JV parents and friends. Even with a seat, the view from that side is not very good, as the bleachers only go up a few rows and you have to try to see above the players on the sideline. Much more room on the home side, but I’m pretty sure for the DLS alum/boosters this is a must see game.
I thought I read that the renovated stadium improved the visitor side... I don't know so can someone verify? Or is that you are doing by your post, Observer22?

I thought I read that the renovated stadium improved the visitor side... I don't know so can someone verify? Or is that you are doing by your post, Observer22?

Sorry, I don’t have any first hand knowledge of the visitor side being improved. Someone posted a photo the other day of the new AstroTurf at the field and I looked at the visitor’s sideline and did not see anything new or different.

Hopefully they don’t have the band there (no disrespect) but they take up 10% of the bleachers up, and real estate will be valuable for this game.

Reactions: remc
Hopefully they don’t have the band there (no disrespect) but they take up 10% of the bleachers up, and real estate will be valuable for this game.

I have stopped by the Stadium a couple of times this summer to check out the renovation process and did not see any work being done to enhance the capacity or viewing issues for the visitor side bleachers. One fix they could and should put in place for the visitor side is to raise bleachers by 4ft to 6ft so the fans can see over the players, coaches and cheerleaders.

As per the current configuration, the DLS band and students sit in temporary bleachers that are set up for the football season on the east side end zone of the Stadium. Word has it for the Folsom game DLS is also going to erect temporary bleachers on the west side end zone. If in fact that is the case those west side end zone bleachers should help alleviate some of the seating issues. If you look at the Twitter photo of the Stadium (The west end zone is shown), the east side end zone bleachers are probably the width of the numbers marking the yardage lines on the field and the height is approximately 2x to 3x of the height of the visitors bleachers. Again, if they do put in place the identical bleaches as standing in east side end zone in the west side end zone, the expected crowd should have a pretty good shot at getting a seat. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm with certainty that the additional west side end zone bleachers will be in place for the game.

Another issue mentioned in one of the Folsom vs DLS threads that could even be a bigger problem for the fans than the seating capacity, is where is everyone going to park given the limited options around the school.

In any case, maybe if I have time this week I will swing by the school on Thursday afternoon and check on the Stadium bleacher situation and report back on this forum.

It should be a great night of football.

I hope the game lives up to the hype.

Last edited:
I have stopped by the Stadium a couple of times this summer to check out the renovation process and did not see any work being done to enhance the capacity or viewing issues for the visitor side bleachers. One fix they could and should put in place for the visitor side is to raise bleachers by 4ft to 6ft so the fans can see over the players, coaches and cheerleaders.

As per the current configuration, the DLS band and students sit in temporary bleachers that are set up for the football season on the east side end zone of the Stadium. Word has it for the Folsom game DLS is also going to erect temporary bleachers on the west side end zone. If in fact that is the case those west side end zone bleachers should help alleviate some of the seating issues. If you look at the Twitter photo of the Stadium (The west end zone is shown), the east side end zone bleachers are probably the width of the numbers marking the yardage lines on the field and the height is approximately 2x to 3x of the height of the visitors bleachers. Again, if they do put in place the identical bleaches as standing in east side end zone, the expected crowd should have a pretty good shot at getting a seat. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm with certainty that the additional west side end zone bleachers will be in place for the game.

Another issue mentioned in one of the Folsom vs DLS threads that could even be a bigger problem for the fans than the seating capacity, is where is everyone going to park given the limited options around the school.

In any case, maybe if I have time this week I will swing by the school on Thursday afternoon and check on the Stadium bleacher situation and report back on this forum.

What is your connection to DLS? Alum? Parent? Fan?

Serious question. I wanted to be thankful of all of this valuable information you are putting out.

Last edited:

As per the current configuration, the DLS band and students sit in temporary bleachers that are set up for the football season on the east side end zone of the Stadium. Word has it for the Folsom game DLS is also going to erect temporary bleachers on the west side end zone. If in fact that is the case those west side end zone bleachers should help alleviate some of the seating issues. If you look at the Twitter photo of the Stadium (The west end zone is shown), the east side end zone bleachers are probably the width of the numbers marking the yardage lines on the field and the height is approximately 2x to 3x of the height of the visitors bleachers. Again, if they do put in place the identical bleaches as standing in east side end zone, the expected crowd should have a pretty good shot at getting a seat. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm with certainty that the additional west side end zone bleachers will be in place for the game.

Thanks for the insight and the 411. Parking was the issue I was also wondering about.

Thanks for the insight and the 411. Parking was the issue I was also wondering about.

Having been to many games at this haloed venue, parking is rarely easy. There aren’t many spots in the actual DLS parking lot, although if you are there very early, there are some. The girls school Carondelet across the street usually opens their parking lot and they’ve got roughly the same number is spots as DLS. But both will fill up for this game, and I have had to park in the neighborhood beyond both schools on Winton which I’m sure the locals love. I remember at least once parking in that neighborhood about 5 blocks away and hoofing it.

There is a pizza place within walking distance down Treat, if one wants to show up early to park, get a bite to eat and some beer, and walk back to the game.

I would prepare to stand the entire game. I’m 99% sure there will be no temporary stands set up in the West end zone. Unless they are a bunch of carnies that can throw them up over night. I haven’t talked to any of the coaches about it. But my feeling is it’s not happening.

Rocco's Ristorante Pizzeria, 2909 Ygnacio Valley Rd, Walnut Creek, CA 94598 is a great Pizza joint about 7 minutes drive and local hangout. Parking at DLS or Chrondelet is optimal but you have to get there early. I have parked on Winton before but many blocks away and it may be regulated. The shopping center where Roundtable Pizza is located on Treat Blvd is about a 10 minute walk (half a mile exactly) and I have parket their before. There are lots of place to eat in Concord and Walnut Creek but not really close to walk other than the Round Table pizza if you want to hangout somewhere and eat before the game and walk to it. I imagine if you want to ensure you get parking and a good seat, you will need to get there at least an hour before the gate opens which is 4:30 (before the 5PM JV game) I have hung out and ate barbecue before the gate opens at some of the big games. I plan on getting there early to reserve some spots in the stands. Parking at the school will be an issue if you don't get there early.

Reactions: concrete17
In the other direction (after exiting the 680) before you arrive at the DLS campus at the corner of Treat and Bancroft Road is the Country Wood shopping center. Easy to find there is a Safeway, Black Bear restaurant, Panera, Genova Deli, Noah's Bagels, the usual suspects found at a strip mall with plenty of parking.
And as a bonus for the winners and losers Artie's Countrywood Lounge.
About a 10-15 minute walk straight up Treat towards ground zero of Friday Night lights and DLS.

Last edited:
What is your connection to DLS? Alum? Parent? Fan?

Serious question. I wanted to be thankful of all of this valuable information you are putting out.

Cashisking18,

Who am I ?
I am a DLS fan.

I started following DLS in 1991. A very close friend of mine had a nephew that was on the team. The nephew was a 2nd or 3rd string offensive lineman. At that time what I think drew me to the team was the fact that even though my friend’s nephew was 2nd or 3rd string he saw some playing time because the team as a whole was wreaking havoc on most of the competition. My interest continued through the following years and by chance in the mid 2000’s my friend and his wife decided to send their son to DLS. Their son had a keen interest in playing football for the Spartans. Through his hard work and commitment to the team plus being a pretty good athlete (That does help) he was slotted to play offensive tackle and became a 1st string player on the freshman team, 1st string player on the JV team, and as a senior 1st string player on Varsity. That fun eventually ended in 2008, but we have continued to attend the games and follow the team.

Glad to see you are going to attend the game on Friday night.

It should be a great matchup.

Well, enough of this civil conversation.

Spartans Rule NorCal Football !!

Folsom’s overrated and hasn’t played anybody.

See ya at the game.

I would prepare to stand the entire game. I’m 99% sure there will be no temporary stands set up in the West end zone. Unless they are a bunch of carnies that can throw them up over night. I haven’t talked to any of the coaches about it. But my feeling is it’s not happening.
Unfortunate if west side end zone bleachers are not provided for this game. I'm a fan of DLS football, but I have to say the visitor side bleachers are pretty pathetic when attempting to accommodate a large visitor fan base. Its not a good look and bad commentary for DLS if all they can provide is standing in the end zone for a large visitors crowd or any large gathering for a game.

I only mentioned the west side end zone bleachers in my comments because 1 or 2 months ago there were some indications in these forums that those bleachers would be provided for this game, but it looks like that assumption was wrong.

I think DLS is being short sided on this one.

Last edited:
Well, enough of this civil conversation.

Spartans Rule NorCal Football !!

Folsom’s overrated and hasn’t played anybody.

See ya at the game.

Good. I am glad you wen't this route. I was waiting.

I am glad we finally get to see if the same old song and dance excuses hold up for this game. My educated guess is a lot of people are dancing on Friday night...and not in a good way.

Go Folsom!

Folsom 35-27!

I spoke with a coach this morning. The east stands are up, but as you said there will be no temporary west stands. He said that they hope the fact that game is being streamed will cut down on the attendance. JVs are on at 5p. I'd suggest being there by then. I will be. Rocco's first though!

Reactions: DelValleTrojan
I spoke with a coach this morning. The east stands are up, but as you said there will be no temporary west stands. He said that they hope the fact that game is being streamed will cut down on the attendance. JVs are on at 5p. I'd suggest being there by then. I will be. Rocco's first though!

SpartanzRule,

Thanks for checking into this issue.
I hope the coaches’ assumption holds true.
With DLS and Folsom both streaming the game, yes the gate attendance should decrease to a more manageable level.

We’ll know more on Friday night.

Reactions: SpartanzRule
Just a shout out if anyone is interested, the Google Map link below gives a detailed view of De La Salle and Carondelet High School and where they are located between the 2 Shopping Centers (Possible Parking). 1 Shopping Center is on the west end at Bancroft Rd and Treat Blvd and 1 Shopping Center is on the east end at Oak Grove Rd and Treat Blvd.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.9338022,-122.0309423,1558m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

See ya at the game..

I am the biggest DLS supporter but that coach saying he hopes attendance is down rubs me the wrong way and worries me that they despite saying all the right things about Folsom are not fully in touch with what they are up against tonight. Folsom will turn out for the game coach! They smell blood and want to be there to watch history and storm your field to celebrate the win!

Reactions: cashisking18
I am the biggest DLS supporter but that coach saying he hopes attendance is down rubs me the wrong way and worries me that they despite saying all the right things about Folsom are not fully in touch with what they are up against tonight. Folsom will turn out for the game coach! They smell blood and want to be there to watch history and storm your field to celebrate the win!
If that’s the case then they should stay home anyways. Let’s face it people who know HSFB know how this is going to end. There will be no storming of the field because, and I’m sorry if this hurts your feelings but it’s just another win for DLS. Nothing special.

Reactions: SpartanzRule
If that’s the case then they should stay home anyways.
You can lobby all you want for people to stay home in order to minimize the damage, but the fact remains......................DLSs field is getting stormed tonight!

It's called talking shit without talking shit. I remember us playing a much bigger, supposedly better team when I was in school and our HC saying "I hope we can keep it close, I don't want to get embarrassed." In reality he had all the confidence in the world. We didn't just go out there and win we held the opposing team to under 100 yards of total offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT