ADVERTISEMENT

DLS-Gorman

2018- Grant. Consolation SFL Champs!
I'm shocked a Folsom offensive JV or Varsity guy hasn't reached out to Grant. Come in as the Grant Varsity OC and get things crack'n. He'll be working with the best athletes in the section. Or maybe Grant's head coach offer the position to a Folsom guy. I'm not too impressed with the new stuff Grant threw out on the field against Franklin. It looked like a hot cluster mess. Backs getting tackled in the backfield right after the hand off. QB running for his life as soon as he gets the snap from center. I'm not buying it takes a year to get things crack'n over at Grant. Hope things change but it didn't look too good from the limited film I watched. I'm just saying.

I'm shocked a Folsom offensive JV or Varsity guy hasn't reached out to Grant. Come in as the Grant Varsity OC and get things crack'n. He'll be working with the best athletes in the section. Or maybe Grant's head coach offer the position to a Folsom guy. I'm not too impressed with the new stuff Grant threw out on the field against Franklin. It looked like a hot cluster mess. Backs getting tackled in the backfield right after the hand off. QB running for his life as soon as he gets the snap from center. I'm not buying it takes a year to get things crack'n over at Grant. Hope things change but it didn't look too good from the limited film I watched. I'm just saying.
Around the SJS as a whole, there are still programs running VERY outdated offenses. They are adapting slowly but only after getting torched for a few years.

Grant has the athletes to run a more modern offense that exploits matchups much more. They just need the coaches and the program to implement it.

Yeah man idk what’s going on it doesn’t look like everybody is on the same page but you seen the players there’s no way they shouldn’t be winning by a lot there’s no team in nor cal that will overwhelm them with size speed or talent

Around the SJS as a whole, there are still programs running VERY outdated offenses. They are adapting slowly but only after getting torched for a few years.

Grant has the athletes to run a more modern offense that exploits matchups much more. They just need the coaches and the program to implement it.

Naw I kinda liked grants old offense but there was no balance to it their offense should’ve been 50% run 50% play action..growing pains I mean we are running spread with no qb coach. We aren’t running spread concept runs either literally running I formation plays out of shot gun....but we sure do look the part... it’ll come together EVENTUALLY

Yeah man idk what’s going on it doesn’t look like everybody is on the same page but you seen the players there’s no way they shouldn’t be winning by a lot there’s no team in nor cal that will overwhelm them with size speed or talent
Agree Grant's size per position is off the charts as usual. I was shocked to see Grant lose to a smaller and less athletically Franklin team. I even put Grant in my 10 spot against Franklin in Pick'em based on their intimidating presence. Something has to change at Grant before teams like Inderkum and Sac High start taking their talent. Trust me, I know like you know that if kids start viewing Indy and Sac High as the king of North Sac they're going to them. Just like kids are going to Folsom instead of Vista Del Lago. Just saying.

Reactions: future10
Agree Grant's size per position is off the charts as usual. I was shocked to see Grant lose to a smaller and less athletically Franklin team. I even put Grant in my 10 spot against Franklin in Pick'em based on their intimidating presence. Something has to change at Grant before teams like Inderkum and Sac High start taking their talent. Trust me, I know like you know that if kids start viewing Indy and Sac High as the king of North Sac they're going to them. Just like kids are going to Folsom instead of Vista Del Lago. Just saying.

Neither of those programs is respected as grant I doubt inderkum would ever replace grant natomas is growing so much it’s almost like a whole different city. Sac high will never be grant it’s still a basketball school they still haven’t won anything in football beating Folsom doesn’t win you anything...they are playing in the same league that didn’t want grant in it because of being too physical and pacer pride is real...losing Reggie Harris was a big deal for the program he helped take the program to a higher level but grant has its thumb print back into the youth football scene

losing Reggie Harris was a big deal for the program he helped take the program to a higher level but grant has its thumb print back into the youth football scene
Yes, I totally agree losing Reggie was huge. He was a jack of all trade type coach for the Pacers organization. He's the coach that players could come to for anything. He was the coach that had players stepping their game up when adversity hit. Made them accountable. We always hollered at each other at clinics and camps in the Bay and Sacramento area before he left for Florida. Cool laid back dude until he steps onto the field. Fun and entertaining coach. I personally believe losing him is finally taking it's toll on Grant's football mission. You can't replace a coach like Reggie. He's far from a dime a dozen in the coaching game. I have mad respect for his coaching style in which he uses to approach this game. It works.

Reactions: future10
Yes, I totally agree losing Reggie was huge. He was a jack of all trade type coach for the Pacers organization. He's the coach that players could come to for anything. He was the coach that had players stepping their game up when adversity hit. Made them accountable. We always hollered at each other at clinics and camps in the Bay and Sacramento area before he left for Florida. Cool laid back dude until he steps onto the field. Fun and entertaining coach. I personally believe losing him is finally taking it's toll on Grant's football mission. You can't replace a coach like Reggie. He's far from a dime a dozen in the coaching game. I have mad respect for his coaching style in which he uses to approach this game. It works.
Reggie was a Rocklin guy...Lived near the campus...

Reggie was a Rocklin guy...Lived near the campus...

His son attended Granite Oaks, but played for Roseville's youth program IIRC. Used to talk to him here and there down at the local watering hole. Very cool guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT