ADVERTISEMENT

DLS-Gorman

Playsomball- you might want to explain to our good friend future about your program and playing at the Corral.

The good news is- nobody got pepper sprayed there lol

Nobody gets pepper sprayed at Grant. And Oakdale is s good program but they shouldn’t be on the almighty folsoms schedule right? Oh nvm y’all will play anyone anywhere *as long as they don’t have team speed. Cmon y’all schedule a team from Idaho that averages 3 Ls a year lol blow them out then get on here and try to make it seem like they were good enough to beat some nor cals good programs just to try to make the win look better. I’m starting to believe you’re just a Folsom troll that just wanna see someone down talk folsom who’s your real team?

Reactions: JoeMixon
Nobody gets pepper sprayed at Grant. And Oakdale is s good program but they shouldn’t be on the almighty folsoms schedule right? Oh nvm y’all will play anyone anywhere *as long as they don’t have team speed. Cmon y’all schedule a team from Idaho that averages 3 Ls a year lol blow them out then get on here and try to make it seem like they were good enough to beat some nor cals good programs just to try to make the win look better. I’m starting to believe you’re just a Folsom troll that just wanna see someone down talk folsom who’s your real team?
We must have beaten someone on the way to 2 state titles. This includes Grant.

It's funny being called a troll to the same people who follow everything Folsom related like it's their own school on here, just to hate on their winning ways.

Beauty is in the eye on the beholder. Go Folsom!

We must have beaten someone on the way to 2 state titles. This includes Grant.

It's funny being called a troll to the same people who follow everything Folsom related like it's their own school on here, just to hate on their winning ways.

Beauty is in the eye on the beholder. Go Folsom!

It’s called notifications. Beat grant you go to state that’s how it goes in Sacramento. Hope you enjoy 2018...pepper spray is not allowed in our stadium btw

It’s called notifications. Beat grant you go to state that’s how it goes in Sacramento. Hope you enjoy 2018...pepper spray is not allowed in our stadium btw
Grant lost to Rocklin. Lol. Better get with defending those slants future!

Maybe you should deal with your problem with over half the board on the handle G61?

B HUMBLE
Maybe a lil #Cadootballrules today if you're feeling frisky?

You've already been outted as the real G61. With all these handles you've had, it makes perfect sense.

Hey TR, for the most part I totally agree with your take on the 2014 Folsom team. That said, I totally disagree that they would have done better then the '12 and '13 teams. Reason why? Coaching. Bad coaching has hurt Folsom more then anything else when it comes to the matchup against DLS. I vividly remember the 2012 game and I swear if Richardson had punted the ball they may have pulled off the upset. He will never beat a DLS program until he gets that stupid philosophy out of his head. That gimmick is not meant to be used every time you're forced to punt. Anyway, I agree that the 2014 Folsom team had the talent to beat DLS but the coach is a whole another story.

I certainly won't disagree with you on the punting thing. I recently brought that up when talking to a local beat writer. He countered that it usually works for them and the percentages are in their favor. But that's not seeing the larger picture. Those 'percentages' are skewed because they're largely converting against inferior opponents. But when they face teams that are close to equal, equal or better, it's not a very sound tactic -- especially deep in their own territory.

We know it didn't work out at all against DLS. But even last week against Sacramento, it allowed the Dragons some life they may not have had otherwise. It's fine to do it against Woodcreek, but an altogether different thing to do it against the likes of Bellarmine, DLS, or any area team that's close to their level in a given season.

There's a reason you don't see NFL teams do it very often, if at all. Same goes for the top NCAA programs when they face other top flight teams. When the talent is more on par, it can lose you a game because it's no different than an INT or fumble. As we all know, turnovers are often the great equalizer.

Back to dLS Gorman, the title of this thread. Alumbaugh is quoted (roughly) by BANGs Sabedra in Monday's recap:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/18/high-school-football-what-did-de-la-salles-loss-mean/

It's getting a tad tiresome to hear the Winton coaches whine about "how poorly we played." Even doing so in significant wins. Some day, maybe, we'll read, "They were superior than us. We played our hardest, our best and still got our tails handed to us. Congrats to them and their coaches. Mucho admiration!"

But instead, 'we should've beat them but we beat ourselves.' Maybe read past hubris in Miriam Webster on to humility.
Agreed that it's tiresome to make excuses when you lose and yes BG was the better team, but that doesn't mean DLS played their best in this game. They definitely didn't play up to their potential in this game. Still believe BG would have won regardless though, but believe the game would have been a little closer.

DLS is in trouble if they play like they did againt Mater Dei or SJB or Corona and maybe a couple other Socal teams this year. Socal is stacked. Will be interesting tio watch the first few minutes of Sty Mary's and Mater Dei before its over.

This tells me you haven't watched them much. They aren't the Ugly Eagles. They do punt. They do not punt much, but they do punt.

But they do have the attitude that "you can't stop me." So, they generally do not punt against teams they feel they can move the ball on. Ask teams like St. Marys or Bellarmine. We have punted many times.

And our coaching is one of the best in the entire state. You don't win two state titles with bad coaching. Bad coaching beats bad teams and loses to good teams. The 2014 team was one of the most loaded in CA history. Period. We were all robbed of a dream match up with either DLS or CC. I think either game would have been pretty damn good.
You can say what you wanna say. I was at that game sitting next to ex-NU coach Humphers and a few coaches that came down from the bay to see the game. I will say this and I'm done with it. Everyone in the section I set in coaches included could not believe their eyes when Folsom decided to go for it inside their 20 yard line. After the game most everyone was talking about the Folsom non-punting philosophy that beat them. That said, I understand using that philosophy against a SFL or Delta league team but DLS, really? lol:rolleyes:

You can say what you wanna say. I was at that game sitting next to ex-NU coach Humphers and a few coaches that came down from the bay to see the game. I will say this and I'm done with it. Everyone in the section I set in coaches included could not believe their eyes when Folsom decided to go for it inside their 20 yard line. After the game most everyone was talking about the Folsom non-punting philosophy that beat them. That said, I understand using that philosophy against a SFL or Delta league team but DLS, really? lol:rolleyes:
You weren't at that game. Dont lie. lol

Maybe IndianPride was?

I certainly won't disagree with you on the punting thing. I recently brought that up when talking to a local beat writer. He countered that it usually works for them and the percentages are in their favor. But that's not seeing the larger picture. Those 'percentages' are skewed because they're largely converting against inferior opponents. But when they face teams that are close to equal, equal or better, it's not a very sound tactic -- especially deep in their own territory.

We know it didn't work out at all against DLS. But even last week against Sacramento, it allowed the Dragons some life they may not have had otherwise. It's fine to do it against Woodcreek, but an altogether different thing to do it against the likes of Bellarmine, DLS, or any area team that's close to their level in a given season.

There's a reason you don't see NFL teams do it very often, if at all. Same goes for the top NCAA programs when they face other top flight teams. When the talent is more on par, it can lose you a game because it's no different than an INT or fumble. As we all know, turnovers are often the great equalizer.
You would think the words you speak humble's the culprit that swears it was a smart move NOT to punt to DLS. Even when the ball was inside of their own 20 yard line. Hoping he reads your post to get your pin point perspective on this. It may take a person like yourself to inform a poster that punting inside their 20 YL would have been a smart move against DLS. I don't believe anyone here has been able to get through to the poster that supports this terrible non-punting philosophy.

Reactions: nascar624
A direct quote from the Moderator of the Spartanhood Board (DeLurk) in the thread after the lopsided loss to Bishop Gorman:

"...it seems self defeating to undermine and nullify the hard work, sheer grit and determination of the student athletes at De La Salle by putting them in an environment where winning is pretty much improbable."

It is entirely amusing, and downright truthful, that one of the most ardent members of the online faithful finally, yet carefully, admits coming to grips with their leveraged position in NorCal.

Reactions: observer22
Oakdale? The d3 school. You fail to realize when you wanna be apart of the big boys you have to play big boy games can’t play a bunch of d3 schools. Folsom will replace sac high with Brooke side Christian

@future... Oakdale may be D3, but they are NOT just another "D3" team, and Folsoms coach knew that, and knew they would be tough and give them a challenge. I don't think Folsom would have played Oakdale if they thought they were a cupcake "D3" team. By the way, not that it matter but Oakdale will be moved up to "D2" for playoffs. Just thought I would throw that in there

I don't believe for a second that Folsom is afraid to play any of those teams you mentioned from So Cal. They have proved time and time again they are a power and can play with top teams from So Cal.

Sounds like someone's a little bitter, and has some issues with Folsom for some reason.

I'm sure Folsom will be playing for a State Title this season against a top caliber team from So Cal, and odds are those Folsom boys will be bringing home a State Title.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
@future... Oakdale may be D3, but they are NOT just another "D3" team, and Folsoms coach knew that, and knew they would be tough and give them a challenge. I don't think Folsom would have played Oakdale if they thought they were a cupcake "D3" team. By the way, not that it matter but Oakdale will be moved up to "D2" for playoffs. Just thought I would throw that in there

I don't believe for a second that Folsom is afraid to play any of those teams you mentioned from So Cal. They have proved time and time again they are a power and can play with top teams from So Cal.

Sounds like someone's a little bitter, and has some issues with Folsom for some reason.

I'm sure Folsom will be playing for a State Title this season against a top caliber team from So Cal, and odds are those Folsom boys will be bringing home a State Title.
Let me be clear hear before I have to say what I have to say, I root for Folsom since I'm a SJS guy and Folsom has been cream of the crop now for last several years, but they have not shown they can hang with SoCals best. Oceanside was their last SoCal team and they were hardly considered one of SoCals best. Their were at least 6 to 10 other SoCal eams that would have picked apart that Oceanside team, but unfortunately they were left at home since they all played in the SoCal super section.

Don't misunderstand this post. Not trying to say the 14 Folsom team couldn't have handled a top SoCal school, but us fans were robbed of the opportunity to see a game of that caliber that season. Folsom hasn't been at that level since, but still good enough to have scheduled alittle better than how they have.

I'm sorry, because I know you support Oakdale, but would have liked to seen them play a top opponent from other sections.

@nascar624 is spot on. He's stating a fact, not opinion. Folsom has never scheduled or faced a true power team from SoCal. Oceanside and Cathedral Catholic aren't power teams. The San Diego section doesn't get much respect in SoCal and rightfully so because the true power teams reside in the Southern Section. The SDS isn't better than the SJS, though they do produce some excellent teams from time to time that certainly could win the SJS in a given year. But on the whole, its not a better section than the SJS let alone the SS.

Serra in 2010 had some elite athletes and was a good team, but not Trinity League or Centennial good. Not even close.

Could Folsom beat some of these upper-echelon SS/Pac-5 teams? I think so. But we just haven't seen it yet. That's the point. I don't understand why you'd label him 'bitter' when he is 100% correct.

Del Oro, Granite Bay, Grant Union, Sacramento and St. Mary's have all scheduled at least 1 of these types of games. Why hasn't Folsom?

Reactions: aztecpadre
Fella's, I say we fall back to give the SJS perennial power Folsom Bulldogs a fair opportunity to better strengthen their preseason schedule from next season on. I believe the message we've conveyed on this site speaks volumes with those associated with Folsom's football program. All we can do now as football fans of the SJS and NorCal is sit back and watch. That said, I would hope the debate we've sparked in regards to Folsom scheduling "low risk" opponents has reached their football program as well as their beloved fan base aka "Bulldog Nation"
4445.jpg

TFB, JoeMixon speaks the truth and only the truth in that regard. Hopefully your football program schedules up in the preseason next year and stop scheduling low risk D3 SJS teams. We shall see.
The jeckle and hyde act is pretty cool. The anti Folsom sentiment, combined with local bay area knowledge and multiple handles/changes only equates to one thing- Mixon is G61!

The jeckle and hyde act is pretty cool. The anti Folsom sentiment, combined with local bay area knowledge and multiple handles/changes only equates to one thing- Mixon is G61!
Your JoeMixon and G61 connection has been debunked over and over again. But keep deflecting from the real question which is Folsom's low risk preseason schedule. As a matter of fact, you can call me G61, G62, G63 all you want as long as Folsom starts taking on higher risk preseason games. As long as you don't call me late for dinner I'm cool. I'm eating...:rolleyes:

Your JoeMixon and G61 connection has been debunked over and over again. But keep deflecting from the real question which is Folsom's low risk preseason schedule. As a matter of fact, you can call me G61, G62, G63 all you want as long as Folsom starts taking on higher risk preseason games. As long as you don't call me late for dinner I'm cool. I'm eating...:rolleyes:
My apologies. IndianPride today?

Playsomball- you might want to explain to our good friend future about your program and playing at the Corral.

The good news is- nobody got pepper sprayed there lol

Folsombulldog, I was reading a post the other day. I can't find it now and I'm not sure who posted it, but it stated something about Joe D saying Oakdale got routed by Folsom. Where would I find that article? Also, I don't feel that 16pts put up by any team is a route, let alone a D1 power like Folsom putting up 16 pts against D3 Oakdale.

We were both at that game and for those that were not there and saying that Folsom should not have scheduled Oakdale is a bunch of crap. I think we can both agree on that.

Oak was driving, actually 11 straight drives before that penalty, and in Folsoms territory when that face mask penalty was called. Who's to say whether or not that TD would have happened, but oak was able to run the ball on Folsom. If that penalty was not called it was very possible it could have easily been 14-3 in 1st qtr. Also, the interception right before halftime in which Folsom scored was a game changer as well.

I'm only stating this to you because we both were there and for these other posters and Joe D to make inaccurate statements gets me a little P.O'd.... I feel they are trying to make Oakdale and Folsom look bad with there BS comments.

On another note, Oakdale is on the bubble to be moved up to D2 for playoffs, which I think should happen. They have been in a section title game 2010,2011,2012,2014,2015,2016. I personally like the competition and challenge and playing Folsom gave us that, and showed what Oakdale can do. If Oakdale beats Manteca and Central I believe they will win another D3 title if not moved up. I would like to see how they compete in D2!!

Ok bruh. MC must have punked you pretty good in the past. He and I have posted on the same boards (like ncsnbl) going back many years but you're not worth any more of my time. Accuse away Bruh.
U r MC415 bruh. further research looks like this handle was created after a number was done in you. You are mc415 who was mysteriously been missing from these forums bruhhhh

Folsombulldog, I was reading a post the other day. I can't find it now and I'm not sure who posted it, but it stated something about Joe D saying Oakdale got routed by Folsom. Where would I find that article? Also, I don't feel that 16pts put up by any team is a route, let alone a D1 power like Folsom putting up 16 pts against D3 Oakdale.

We were both at that game and for those that were not there and saying that Folsom should not have scheduled Oakdale is a bunch of crap. I think we can both agree on that.

Oak was driving, actually 11 straight drives before that penalty, and in Folsoms territory when that face mask penalty was called. Who's to say whether or not that TD would have happened, but oak was able to run the ball on Folsom. If that penalty was not called it was very possible it could have easily been 14-3 in 1st qtr. Also, the interception right before halftime in which Folsom scored was a game changer as well.

I'm only stating this to you because we both were there and for these other posters and Joe D to make inaccurate statements gets me a little P.O'd.... I feel they are trying to make Oakdale and Folsom look bad with there BS comments.

On another note, Oakdale is on the bubble to be moved up to D2 for playoffs, which I think should happen. They have been in a section title game 2010,2011,2012,2014,2015,2016. I personally like the competition and challenge and playing Folsom gave us that, and showed what Oakdale can do. If Oakdale beats Manteca and Central I believe they will win another D3 title if not moved up. I would like to see how they compete in D2!!
Playsomeball, let me make myself perfectly clear here. First of all, I respect Oakdale's football program and in my opinion they are a NorCal perennial power in their division. I respect the programs like Oakdale, Sac High, Pittsburgh, DLS, St. Mary's and the other NorCal programs that aren't afraid to schedule "high risk" teams. So when you look at the game between Oakdale and Folsom it was a high risk game for the Mustangs not the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs are in D-1 and have been in that division for over two decades and their scheduling D-3 powers, really? Now if that makes sense to you that's fine but that doesn't fly with me. Like most NorCal sports fans I would like to see Folsom schedule high risk programs in the preseason as does Oakdale and the teams I previously mentioned.

Last year I hesitantly went against Oakdale when they played a good state champion Campo team. They went into Moraga and got the job done. Not a easy place to come out with a victory. Oakdale whooped a SoCal power Paraclete team 40-9 in 2013. Turned around the next year and beat the breaks off the Nevada power McQueen at their place 47-7. For the division Oakdale is in these two games were high risk. You, myself or anyone else for that case can't say the same about the Folsom low risk preseason scheduling. I don't know where or why you're getting the assumption that board members are banging on Oakdale when that is the furthest thing from the truth. We're banging on Folsom's low risk preseason scheduling. Nothing more and nothing less. Oakdale has earned the respect from everyone on this board in regards to their players, coaches, play, scheduling, stadium atmosphere and their die hard fans.

Sincerely, Joe Mixon
A fan of the Oakdale Mustangs preseason scheduling.

Sac High was picked yo won against Folsom by JoeMixon. Sounds low risk to me. At half time all the posters jumped on the bandwagon. At the end of the game, EVERYONE backed tracked.

Folsom>Mission Viejo

Sac High was picked yo won against Folsom by JoeMixon. Sounds low risk to me. At half time all the posters jumped on the bandwagon. At the end of the game, EVERYONE backed tracked.

Folsom>Mission Viejo
Let's keep it real here. My picking of a D-3 Sac High team to beat a D-1 State Champion Folsom team has nothing to do with the Bulldogs scheduling low risk teams. For example, my pick of Pittsburg to beat two time D-1 State Champion Centennial (Corona) has nothing to do with the Huskies scheduling the low risk Pirates. The difference between the Huskies from Corona and the Bulldogs from Folsom is the Huskies schedules high risk preseason games like IMG, Bishop Gorman and others. We all know that Folsom doesn't do that. On another note, respect to the Pirates program. Very proud of the program for taking a high risk game like Cen-10. Very impressed with that. Keep going after the SoCal powers it will only make you stronger.

I forgot. It's because you know people at the program lol
That is true because I know they're coaching their tails off. You don't beat the breaks off a Mitty team that beat a good Menlo-A team and a Bellarmine team at their pad without solid coaching. That ain't happening bruh. You know that.

That is true because I know they're coaching their tails off. You don't beat the breaks off a Mitty team that beat a good Menlo-A team and a Bellarmine team at their pad without solid coaching. That ain't happening bruh. You know that.
You and I will DEF not be betting in Vegas together ;)

Reactions: JoeMixon
I think a vegas road trip would be good for you two. Nothing like a long car ride to discuss your differences :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT